Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    After living in Carnation and dealing with Cascappalacia we decided to not get a cabin in the PNW.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Name:  IMG_0531.JPG
Views: 1025
Size:  268.3 KB
    got the solar in...Cruiser are we neighbors?

I freaking hope so! We're up towards tincup. You?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Congrats fellas! Sick cabins.

I wish that I could transport my "Cabin" a little further into the woods. Neighborhood is great, but I need more seclusion sometimes.

That PNW cabin is going to probably be cash only with that foundation and a compost toilet. Something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    what is the point of the stilts?
    Likely parking spot is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Or negates the need for massive dirt work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Someone is building/flipping a cabin on Highway 2: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...78067957_zpid/
    By law, all ski cabins with lofts should have a firepole/stripper pole.

Cabins: Nice places to visit. Wouldn't want to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    I’ve been very tempted by a floating cabin, with a pointy tall thing on top of it. It’s a terrible idea and I really need to forget about it, but the idea keeps floating back into my consciousness.
    I did it. I’m still unsure if this was an excellent idea or a terrible idea or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    I did it. I’m still unsure if this was an excellent idea or a terrible idea or both.
    Pretty sure it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I freaking hope so! We're up towards tincup. You?
    Up Pomeroy on the creek next to the lake above Romley above St Elmo.
    Have you met the Corruption kids?

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Up Pomeroy on the creek next to the lake above Romley above St Elmo.
    Have you met the Corruption kids?
    Nice spot! Corruption Kids sound like they need a story. We raised plenty of hell and never had a name that cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    That looks pretty sweet to me... I'm tempted to run the numbers for an airBNB. I have no idea what the cabin market is like up here , but $139k seems crazy cheap because I live in Seattle and that's about what a bathroom reno would cost me these days.

I always thought if you made a couple of these all designy/instagram ready you'd clean up. This place is perpetually full. https://tyerivercabinco.com/
    An aquaintence has her little cabin in Baring on Airbnb and has it rented literally whenever she wants, weekday shoulder season too. A local lady runs a cleaning/laundry business catering to the STR market so my aquaintence really only has to go out there for fixing bigger things and for when she wants to stay there.

I wouldn't like a cabin in gold bar that backs up to clear-cut though. Like Buster alluded to, it gets REAL rednecky whiskey tango once you get out past the east side suburbs which creates a whole set of problems.

Id rather have a rustic cabin on the east side of the crest where its drier and sunnier, but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    that area does not get much wind but does frequently see -40F. he better of put some time into his floor. Especially with the tile floors.
    off your knees Louie

https://www.facebook.com/Serendipity...61905377192578
    Derek was one of the first ski bums to move into that neighborhood. Rendevous has their base there now. He has a log yard there where he prefabs than transports all over the state. I have been friends with him and his crew for awhile and they have really progressed over the years. That is the base of Billy Mitchell. They do not get the snow depth that the coastal side of Thompson Pass gets. Even there nobody builds like they are in a flood zone. Maybe he stuck it up in the air for a better view. But really the neighborhood has moved past shacks like that.
    Makes sense why it's weird with your local perspective. I've driven through there a bunch but that was a long time ago, I didn't realize where it was. I figured his land was more remote with no neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Makes sense why it's weird with your local perspective. I've driven through there a bunch but that was a long time ago, I didn't realize where it was. I figured his land was more remote with no neighbors.
    it is still pretty much live and let live zone. And truthfully some of the old time locals started in some pretty basic structures excluding all the second home doctors across the road. I just thought the place makes no sense and was not something worth creating a website and talking about.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

And as of Dec, we will be cabin free. Wife is a bit in denial, and the daughter, who grew up climbing the rockwork and exploring the surrounding bush, had a pretty good tantrum. Buyer, youngish lady from N.Van, hasn't even reached out to try and learn the nuances of the fridge, water, power, septic, etc. I wish her well.
    Many of the new buyers into the land corp seem to be 20somethings, playing with parent's money, or inheritances. Our's was the last property out there that the realtor will take on - way too much work for the standard commission dealing with these special snowflakes and their fantasies.

I'm renting a fucking sweet cabin at the moment. Seems like a solid choice thus far.

that area does not get much wind but does frequently see -40F. he better of put some time into his floor. Especially with the tile floors.
    saw that and also thought he better have a lot of insulation in that floor to be putting tile down!

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm renting a fucking sweet cabin at the moment. Seems like a solid choice thus far.
    Is it this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nope, can't say that it is.

So true. Cabins are like boats. We went in a totally different direction when looking to invest in property for skiing and bought a condo in Sparwood, BC. 35 minutes to the Fernie parking lot and 75 minutes to Castle. Had it for 10 years. Relatively cheap compared to a cabin but the main thing is we had time to ski and not waste time maintaining property. It was great to just lock it and leave it.

At least real estate sometimes appreciates.

A boat though, ooo man, not so much. I do like them better though myself.