Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Head RS boots

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    534
    I'm curious about these new WCR boots - the 96mm lasted ones. What's the instep height like compared to a Technica?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    43
    Bump - anyone ski the WCRs?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post
    Bump - anyone ski the WCRs?
    My wifeís been racing in the WCR3ís - has multiplied pairs. Liners are way better. Boot is roomier than the BD & the plastic has more rebound; letís say more than a Dobermann, lesser than a Dalbello. Toe box is longer.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Posts
    505
    Just got my WCR120s fit last night (96mm). I'm very happy with how they came out- I didn't need to do any work on the toe box, unlike my old 140RS that were still really tight after taking 2-3mms of material out.

    Next steps are adding the optional GW sole and stealing the Head branded Booster from my old 140s since the 120 just comes with a standard velcro power strap.

    The new thermoplastic does seem to have considerably more rebound than the old PU version as mentioned above, which is one reason why I decided to take a gamble on the softer version.

    The other reason is that the flex stated in the name is the minimum flex where it used to be the max flex. The WCR 120s come set at 120, and can be brought to 130 by adding a rivet. Inversely, my old 140RS came at 130 (lower flex than advertised in the name), and could be brought to 140 by adding a rivet, and I always just skied them at 130.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Right Coast
    Posts
    1,030
    Got a new pair of WCR Raptors with the Liquidfit liners. Worth getting the Liquidfit done? Would need to track down dealer that actually does it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Got a new pair of WCR Raptors with the Liquidfit liners. Worth getting the Liquidfit done? Would need to track down dealer that actually does it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think youíre ďsupposedĒ to do it as needed to address heel lift or other fit changes as the liner packs out. Do you have that now?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Right Coast
    Posts
    1,030
    No heel lift, brand new so no liner issues either.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    43
    Anyone get some days on these yet?

    I have some atomic club sport 130s and am curious about the damper ride and tighter last on these WCRs. Unsure of 120 vs 140.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Right Coast
    Posts
    1,030
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669941644.625998.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	436256

    Picked mine up from the fitter a few days ago, liking the dual compound lifters. Heard the Head branded ones are smooth as glass. Will report back when I get them on the hill.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    58
    Have 3 days on the HEAD WCR 140 w/ cast inserts, at WB. opening day, and a couple soft snow days. Resort isnt full send yet. Alpine is skiing decent toured up with the CAST system.

    Was on Lange RX/RS 130 LV for the past 3-4 years, no work needed. Before that Tecnica Cochise 130 and Atomic CS 130 (needed punches) in racing days.

    Tried on a MACH 1 130 in 2019, the instep was to tight, did not buy it.

    Skied a 186 bodacious, friggen awesome setup. Also skied it with a MF-118 and Anima (Sold now, mf 118 is the better ski IMO). Makes the Lange feel like a 110-115 in comparison. The Head is definitaly a true 130-140 flex boot. Lots of room in the toe box, more so in the height department. And can feel the snugger midfoot in comparison to the Lange. No bootwork done at all and not seeing myslef needing some, 1 day to break in and skiing great. My foot is relatively average with a slightly higher volume instep. Great boot, stiff boot, comfy so far, plug and play.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669941644.625998.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	436256

    Picked mine up from the fitter a few days ago, liking the dual compound lifters. Heard the Head branded ones are smooth as glass. Will report back when I get them on the hill.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I donít know if the Atomic ones are more better, but the Head ones look pretty similar and have vibram branded rubber on the non-afd parts. Iím pretty sure both are way less scary than the stock sole on any boot pack.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kaprun, Austria
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    I don’t know if the Atomic ones are more better, but the Head ones look pretty similar and have vibram branded rubber on the non-afd parts. I’m pretty sure both are way less scary than the stock sole on any boot pack.
    Transparency time: Prior to these, I used to use the Head Vibram lifters on my Redster CS boots but would walk through 2 sets per season. The above Atomic Dual Component lifters use the same materials we use in our GripWalk pads for boots like Prime XTD. They offer equal grip but a way longer life span than the Vibram ones. So far I've had one set last me an entire low-tide season (which is arguably way harder on grip pads) and I don't think I will need to replace them until March-ish of 23. We'll see - I'll run them for as long as I can.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Right Coast
    Posts
    1,030
    ^Bought a second set just in case, will see how they wear. Also, meant the stock racer lifter plates from Head were sketch. The older Vibram ones seemed pretty beefy though I thought they stopped making them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    Transparency time: Prior to these, I used to use the Head Vibram lifters on my Redster CS boots but would walk through 2 sets per season. The above Atomic Dual Component lifters use the same materials we use in our GripWalk pads for boots like Prime XTD. They offer equal grip but a way longer life span than the Vibram ones. So far I've had one set last me an entire low-tide season (which is arguably way harder on grip pads) and I don't think I will need to replace them until March-ish of 23. We'll see - I'll run them for as long as I can.
    Those lifters look dope. After spending a few seasons on Salomon Xmax 130 Carbon boots, switching over to a a boot lifters (2016 Dalbello Scorpion 130) instead of a solid plastic race style lug like the Xmax had is nice.

    I really like the fit of the Scorpions, the lower lug feels like it was made for my foot, but quest for the perfect boot continues and it has me looking for my next ski boot. What are your thoughts on the Atomic SC 130 vs the Head WCR 140S?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    Transparency time: Prior to these, I used to use the Head Vibram lifters on my Redster CS boots but would walk through 2 sets per season. The above Atomic Dual Component lifters use the same materials we use in our GripWalk pads for boots like Prime XTD. They offer equal grip but a way longer life span than the Vibram ones. So far I've had one set last me an entire low-tide season (which is arguably way harder on grip pads) and I don't think I will need to replace them until March-ish of 23. We'll see - I'll run them for as long as I can.
    Thanks! Iíll try the atomic ones if/when I wreck the heads. Would you happen to know if theyíre the same height?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kaprun, Austria
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Thanks! I’ll try the atomic ones if/when I wreck the heads. Would you happen to know if they’re the same height?
    Atomic ones are 6mm thick. I think the Head ones are 7mm? Depending on how the router was originally set, it could be possible to just swap over.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    138
    The Head Vibram lifters are 7mm. They were redesigned for this season and look to be a bit more durable which the previous version was not. They worked very well, though they are also expensive.
    Those Atomic lifters look very good, I'll have to bring some in.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Right Coast
    Posts
    1,030
    Got a half day on the Raptor 140s, ski great and definitely more toe space than Lange RS in same size but lower instep height which I liked. Holy shit, so hard to get on in the parking lot and somewhat cold which I hear is a thing for the Raptor series. The double booster seemed fine but a little bulky with all the rings, might try traditional booster instead. Felt I could have used a little more forward lean and put in the spoilers, will report back.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Got a half day on the Raptor 140s, ski great and definitely more toe space than Lange RS in same size but lower instep height which I liked. Holy shit, so hard to get on in the parking lot and somewhat cold which I hear is a thing for the Raptor series. The double booster seemed fine but a little bulky with all the rings, might try traditional booster instead. Felt I could have used a little more forward lean and put in the spoilers, will report back.
    I put the liner on first then step into the shell, itís easier to get in.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •