WTB: Macbook Pro 13" or Macbook Air

My trusty old internet laptop is starting to have some issues. I am weighing the cost of putting a new logic board in it or just buying a used complete. Do you any of you have one laying around that isn't seeing use you might want to move? I am only interested in models with 8gb of ram or better.

Macbook Pro model I'm interested in 2017 or newer.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I really don't want to take this thing apart, anyone got anything?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Don't fear it- join us in the repair economy!

It's probably a safe assumption to say that you are currently running an older apple computer? If it's older that 2010, then you should seriously consider taking the thing apart. Yeah, it'll be bitch to do at the time, but it could very well be worth it.

For reference, I run a 2011 macbook pro that I've kept running alive and well for over 9 years now. There have definitely been periods of maintenance on it (replacing optical HD with SSD, RAM, graphics card, battery, etc.) but the rest of the hardware is robust. A lot of macs from that era were well-built, and most of the parts still run as smoothly as the day I have bought it.

Just my .02, but there is a real argument to trying your hand at replacing parts in your computer. Lots of handy guides available out there to do it, which helps the process out a lot. Shit, you can even pay someone to do it for you. Those youtube guides are super handy though; used them most recently when replacing the battery in my iphone 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Don't fear it- join us in the repair economy!

It's probably a safe assumption to say that you are currently running an older apple computer? If it's older that 2010, then you should seriously consider taking the thing apart. Yeah, it'll be bitch to do at the time, but it could very well be worth it.

For reference, I run a 2011 macbook pro that I've kept running alive and well for over 9 years now. There have definitely been periods of maintenance on it (replacing optical HD with SSD, RAM, graphics card, battery, etc.) but the rest of the hardware is robust. A lot of macs from that era were well-built, and most of the parts still run as smoothly as the day I have bought it.

Just my .02, but there is a real argument to trying your hand at replacing parts in your computer. Lots of handy guides available out there to do it, which helps the process out a lot. Shit, you can even pay someone to do it for you. Those youtube guides are super handy though; used them most recently when replacing the battery in my iphone 5s.
    Its a 2013. I can take it apart I am just busy enough I hope not too. I replaced some stuff on my last MacBook and have replaced parts on 3 iPhones. I was hoping to score a deal on one that has more memory all around for cheeper than I can get parts.... I guess I should suck it up jump in. I am also interested in were to get good parts for a reasonable price as well I guess. Realistically if I'm in there swapping the logic board I should put in a bigger SSD as well.

Formerly Rludes025

I’m starting to look at PC’s somebody save me.

Formerly Rludes025