Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If complete decompression is the goal, a week or two at The Sea Ranch will really take the edge off of life.

I will miss going to Santa Rosa this October. My BF rides Levi’s gran fondo every year while I drink wine. Then we usually hang out at a sweet little shack in Stinson for a few days, well-stocked with Pliny of course. The re-route looks pretty sweet now that it will be north of town, though less coastal views it will be nicer to not have to deal with downtown SR parking.

We’ll be back next year and will likely stay near Bolinas or Pt Reyes, though I still prefer Stinson for chillin.

Gonna go against the grain (given that the bulk of recs thus far have been grape oriented) and recommend some breweries (other than the aforementioned RR):

Henhouse
    Sonoma Springs

PS
    I have heard good things about Cooperage, too, but I have personally not had their brews (yet)

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Gonna go against the grain (given that the bulk of recs thus far have been grape oriented) and recommend some breweries (other than the aforementioned RR):

Henhouse
    Sonoma Springs

PS
    I have heard good things about Cooperage, too, but I have personally not had their brews (yet)

Thanks dookey67, but coming from Bend and the land of micro brews, looking to switch it up for the wines this time around. But, might have to do some beer tasting to compare the competition.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I will miss going to Santa Rosa this October. My BF rides Levi’s gran fondo every year while I drink wine. Then we usually hang out at a sweet little shack in Stinson for a few days, well-stocked with Pliny of course. The re-route looks pretty sweet now that it will be north of town, though less coastal views it will be nicer to not have to deal with downtown SR parking.

We’ll be back next year and will likely stay near Bolinas or Pt Reyes, though I still prefer Stinson for chillin.
    My cousin used to have a little illegal trailer on the property of Frenchie's house on a bluff overlooking Stinson Beach. Frenchie was an old commercial fisherman and one of the last 5 bridgemen alive when they commemerated the 50th anniversary of the GG Bridge. He sat at a table with Mayor Feinstein and was interviewed by Charles Kuralt (On The Road). He was the first man to drive over the bridge--he and friends got drunk in Sausalito one night and drove over the unfinished bridge, putting down wooden planks over the unfinished sections. The did throw a nickel in the toll basket. RIP Frenchie. You had the best house at the beach and I loved spending weekends there.

^^^Awesome story!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Pulled the trigger on a few nights in Sonoma, CA and a few nights in Bodega on the coast. Some decent deals right now for late Sept. If the COVID gets too hot, free cancellation on the hotels, and nothing lost. Fingers crossed that the COVID cools down by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a few nights in Sonoma, CA and a few nights in Bodega on the coast. Some decent deals right now for late Sept. If the COVID gets too hot, free cancellation on the hotels, and nothing lost. Fingers crossed that the COVID cools down by then.
    You got a chance Covid will be better, the fires that just started due to the heat wave and dry lightning are keeping people inside (2020 CA gallows humor at it's finest)
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Well, let's hope the fires get under control too. That just sucks to see Cali burning up. (Again)

Bump. You in wine country Toadman? Shit's burning hard and fast around Callastoga.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Entire town is under evac, 5000+ people.

It's over on the Santa Rosa / Rincon Valley side too, bordering on Kenwood. My friends got very lucky and their house was saved, but many of their neighbors were not so fortunate. The air right now, as you can imagine, is fucking gross.

I had literally just planned a weekend getaway with a special lady friend using a gift certificate at Meadowood that's been, uh, burning a hole in my pocket - the next day the place burns to the ground. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Bump. You in wine country Toadman? Shit's burning hard and fast around Callastoga.
    Nope. Made a hard right turn on 101 at Crescent City, and headed North.

And it really sucked seeing the footie of Napa and Santa Rosa burning.

Staying the weekend in downtown Santa Rosa two weeks from today. What restaurants do people recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So many options. What do you like?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Anything good. French, sushi, Italian, modern.

The places I’d been looking at are Ca’Bianca, Lococos, Osake, dierks for breakfast.

Those are good choices. Willi's Wine Bar, Union Hotel and Monti's are also good options.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Willis wine bar looks pretty perfect for Friday night. Thanks.