Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    There's some gotchas in the above legislation. I assume hash is considered concentrated? Which is bullshit. Renters are in for a surprise. Seems like you have to ask your landlord to possess and smoke? Smoking outside seems forbidden even on your own property if neighbors can see it or smell it? And grows have to be locked??? No outdoor gardens???

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Yes. There has only been one poll this year but it was 51% yes and 37% no. MT has a big "don't tell me what to do" streak and I think even plenty of Trump voters will vote for the devil's weed.

As far as I can tell, North Dakota is the only state to have rejected it as a ballot measure.
    You'd be surprised at the legal cannabis customers. I've seen many 70+yo old farmer types in our stores. Some old men on their own some couples. Always blows me away. They come in wearing their Carhartts and work boots all stooped over from a lifetime of farming and walk out with a smile on their face and a brown paper bag in their hand. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    There's some gotchas in the above legislation. I assume hash is considered concentrated? Which is bullshit. Renters are in for a surprise. Seems like you have to ask your landlord to possess and smoke? Smoking outside seems forbidden even on your own property if neighbors can see it or smell it? And grows have to be locked??? No outdoor gardens???
    I'm not fully versed in WA particulars but that sounds a lot like what we've got.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    None of this. The landlord, locking up weed otherwise in excess of the allowed amount, and no-plants-in-public-view stuff is strictly about growing. I get why it is confusing because the sub parts didn't indent right. I added some stuff to the original post to break it down a little bit more.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 08-13-2020 at 09:17 PM.

MJ has been completely legal everywhere in Canada for the last 2 years and nothing much happened

there are no hordes of stoned zombies stumbling down main street, legalization has been a huge non event

startups got into the business expecting windfall profits but I don't think there were really any new smokers

companies went under, there is a glut in the market so right now its a little cheaper/better quality than when I bought it off the local pusher
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Hope it will pass. With idaho being sandwiched in between two legal states, maybe they will pull their heads out of their ass and make it legal here as well.
    Guy can dream, right?
    Yes, yes, he can... (heavy sigh)

Wyoming will just bump up the misdemeanor quantities and fines and stop more cars.

I better get a haircut.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I wonder how many school lunches I’ve bought for kids in WA, OR, CA, NV, and CO.
    Thank you for your future efforts in MT.

Yes. There has only been one poll this year but it was 51% yes and 37% no. MT has a big "don't tell me what to do" streak and I think even plenty of Trump voters will vote for the devil's weed.

As far as I can tell, North Dakota is the only state to have rejected it as a ballot measure.
    Ohio rejected it. But that was because the dumbasses who paid to get it on the ballot and advertised to get it passed included a provision that gave them a monopoly on supplying product.

60 minutes did a story on california legalization that I would not call positive, but I do recall them interveiwing a store clerk (SF area?) who said 80% of her customers were over 60.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Passed in Maine n 2016 and state is still fucking around to implement it
    Dumbass LePage screwed that up. Then COVID f'd up the launch that was scheduled for last March...not sure why exactly.

Go Montana!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Dumbass LePage screwed that up. Then COVID f'd up the launch that was scheduled for last March...not sure why exactly.

Go Montana!
    Maine had a tRump before he was a pResident. I got a laff from those 61% stickers. What LePage did to the state isnt joke.

Idaho follows UT. Not sure where that puts us. I wonder how many school lunches I’ve bought for kids in WA, OR, CA, NV, and CO.
    Guessing Weedology in Ontario, being about 100 yards over the border, gets a lot of your business?
    When I passed through in March I was the only OR-plated vehicle in a full parking lot.
    Budtender said "We'd be out of business in a week if it weren't for Idaho".

Other then an occasional dispensary, you would never know there was a difference here in California after it became legal. This is, or should be a non-event.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

We just got our medical license approved, we are banking on the fact they typically offer entities with medical licensure's first crack at rec license.

Keep your eyes open for Montana Betty's, a pin-up girl look with the dankness.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Other then an occasional dispensary, you would never know there was a difference here in California after it became legal. This is, or should be a non-event.
    I dunno. While I completely agree with you that is should be a total non-event, what threw me off about CA was when I visited both the Bay and LA area recently, were the obnoxious billboards all over the place. I really don't give two hoots about weed. Heck, I'm 100% pro-legalization, but do some of the new companies have to be so cheesy about it all? Was just surprised they weren't more chill about it. So many "chronic", "high", 420, and other misc. weed puns. Even saw billboards about hotboxing. Just seemed corny and really in your face. Like a bunch of 15 year old stoners were in charge of the ad agencies responsible for those billboards or something.

That MIGHT have been what was wrong with the first go around where MT tried legalizing it. The dispensaries kind of overplayed their hands and went straight to cheese mode, trying to corner the stoner teen market or something. I think that's what caught the eye of the opposition more than anything. Should've been chill about it. Hopefully they'll be smoother about this time. Be classy about it and all should be well.

stoner teen, Can teens buy MJ or are you just talking about attitude of the advertising ?

It varies by province but we got to be 19 to buy MJ just like alcohol
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yes. There has only been one poll this year but it was 51% yes and 37% no. MT has a big "don't tell me what to do" streak.
    This. Exactly why I've always respected Montana. It's like Idaho without as much Mormon influence in the political venue.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    This. Exactly why I've always respected Montana. It's like Idaho without as much Mormon influence in the political venue.
    That is a great point and I hadn't really thought of it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    stoner teen, Can teens buy MJ or are you just talking about attitude of the advertising ?
    Yup. Just the attitude of much of the advertising. I remember much classier advertising in Big Sky. Low key. Got the point across. Didn't ruffle any feathers. That's how it's done.

The bill prohibits advertising.

impressive. Montana is big. people don't want to be fucked w,

i don't really smoke. gunslingers and outlaws don't want to be told what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That is a great point and I hadn't really thought of it like that.
    ^yep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    When the Utah Mormons figure out how the weed tax revenue can offset some of the divine tax revenue, they’re all in. The Idaho Mormons will be in a delayed lockstep.

pretty much.

When the Utah Mormons figure out how the weed tax revenue can offset some of the divine tax revenue, they’re all in. The Idaho Mormons will be in a delayed lockstep.
    utah is a bit far off though. stone tablets hit some dude in the head near buffalo ny like a blink ago.

remember that zion is a country, not a state, to elders. they had to be forced w overwhelming military action. to jion the new us.