Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Super feeler: Volant Spatulas

The skis that saved skiing. Some may say it was the 1080 but I think skiing pow is better than skiing backwards. I have a pair of in good shape spatulas mounted with some 877 drivers. I shouldn’t be letting these slip but I’m not going to start a ski museum anytime soon and only have skied them once in the last 5-6 seasons. In a lot of ways they are priceless but I’m also not delusional thinking they are worth $10K on fleabay

If you are interested PM me with an offer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57D4B73B-0367-4903-A4E2-516A95EF9562.jpg 
Views:	1200 
Size:	610.2 KB 
ID:	336955
    Harvest the ride.

not totally delusional, there was that pair on ebay for quite some time listed for 3k and it did eventually sell.. haha

I would love to have a second pair of these that I could actually ski instead of using as wall art, but I have a feeling they wouldn't get taken out very often.

What’s the BSL on the mount?

love the sanouks beside them

BSL is 305
    Harvest the ride.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Ill bid 3 days of guided poopfishin on my local waters
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Only if we get to take breathalyzers!!!!Name:  31244915-946B-490E-9C56-774D184F75D1.jpeg
Views: 2764
Size:  249.2 KB
    Harvest the ride.

It's going to be rough for a lot of people when an equivalent device for detecting marijuana intoxication is in the hands of every pig and twig pig in the country.

Speaking of safety, where is the life jacket!!
    Harvest the ride.

Nice collection of big sticks!

The second pair of skis that I ever bought with my own $ were 1080s. Lusted after spats. My clueless 15 year old brain thought that is what I needed to slay the Midwest gnar...

those look minty.

I had a pair, used em a bunch in utah. They were fun for a while. Kinda one trick pony.

I just got a pair, super excited to take them out next winter. Someone grab these and be Spatula buddies with me!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$9999?

Now we are talking, but currently dibs has the highest bid cause three day of poop fishing with him is priceless
    Harvest the ride.

I will pay 37$ to roll with you guys on pooperpatrol2020
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Got a potential Could take em bid, they are in holding at the moment.
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post
    In a lot of ways they are priceless but I’m also not delusional thinking they are worth $10K on fleabay
    I've got an undrilled & unmounted pair (with the paperwork) and not sure I'd let 'em go for much less than that.
    Guess I'm delusional!

But if someone wants to give me 5 figures, I'll donate 10% to the Shane McConkey Foundation
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

^ woah

i hand flexed a pair near the cement mill near bcc this fall and broke them.

cool fucking skis though. ^ save them and let them be a bansky..

and sfb, you are going to get pinched always bragging. they will take your blood.

wait another 2 mon. time the market right.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I've got an undrilled & unmounted pair (with the paperwork) and not sure I'd let 'em go for much less than that.
    Guess I'm delusional!

But if someone wants to give me 5 figures, I'll donate 10% to the Shane McConkey Foundation
    Hell, I will donate 20% if someone would pay over $1,000
    Doing this would actually help motivate me to let em fly.
    Harvest the ride.

My pair are getting one last base grind/tune, a remount for my BSL, and probably going up on the wall to maybe be skied once every few years. They are pretty beat, so I doubt someone would want them, though in a few years if someone made the correct offer I’d donate any profits. Way to cool to not be saved and remembered

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    My pair are getting one last base grind/tune, a remount for my BSL, and probably going up on the wall to maybe be skied once every few years. They are pretty beat, so I doubt someone would want them, though in a few years if someone made the correct offer I’d donate any profits. Way to cool to not be saved and remembered

haha - my exact plan as well for my pair. I have too many other reverse/reverse skis that do not make me shit myself on runouts for these to get regular use, but they still come out once and a while for the nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    haha - my exact plan as well for my pair. I have too many other reverse/reverse skis that do not make me shit myself on runouts for these to get regular use, but they still come out once and a while for the nostalgia
    I was thinking I’d take them sled skiing one day, just for the humor if it, and the fact that there are no groomed run outs. That and I end up sidestepping for miles any pow day, so Spats would not be the best option...