Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The OP was "near scratch" as a kid. I was an 8 HI at my best so nowhere near scratch.
    My bad, was a bit tired last night when I read through this quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Every time i see this thread I wonder do poor men really play golf, sounds to me like jumbo shrimp or military intelligence ?

I don't play golf but i did get my kid a membership when he was 15 for getting straight A's so we played a round, he had a respect for the game which I realized I didnt have so i stay off the links, he lived on a course at the time, he doesnt play anymore
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Every time i see this thread I wonder do poor men really play golf, sounds to me like jumbo shrimp or military intelligence ?

I don't play golf but i did get my kid a membership when he was 15 for getting straight A's so we played a round, he had a respect for the game which I realized I didnt have so i stay off the links, he lived on a course at the time, he doesnt play anymore
    Somewhat affordable. There's a nice course nearby where you can walk 18 before 10am for $45 through May, and it bumps up to $50 June-August. Local municipal courses are $29 to walk 18 midweek. Takes ~4 hours to play, you get to hang out with friends or meet new people

There are tons of inexpensive private clubs and public courses that "everyman" play golf at. Since your son learned at an early age he'll be able to pick it right back up should he so choose.

he is thru uni has a good job time & money, i ask him about the golf but I don't think he cares to play anymore

The club here could easily do with 100 more members so I should play but i have to want to

My neighborhood club wants $70k to join.
    No equity.

Fuck that shit.
    . . .

< a thousand for a membership and 40-50 $ green fee's

Best Golf Clubs For a Poor Man

I’ve played nice private courses, I’ve played public courses. Yeah the nice clubs have really nice courses, but I almost always like the feel of the public courses. And $2-20 a round is a lot nicer then $150-200

So yeah, the average person can play, public courses and used clubs, anyone can get out there.

Cost depends on where you are. Where I am now it's >$35 for 9. Before I moved I could play 18 for $35 on a dozen courses nearby. Played most of my rounds for <$20 on a RTJ Sr designed muni by the lake. A real test.

https://monroecountyparksgolf.com/durand-eastman/
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

RE: Used clubs, I was given a set of reg. Ping-Eye 2 irons, 3-W for a 12 pack of Stella and bought some Ping metal woods. More club than I will ever need.

Lots of them out there for cheap.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

still sporting the ping eye 2+ red eye, although, few more rounds and the goosenecks get bagged from 7 - PW for the mix

old cavity back is pretty dam good sitting in a garage for cheap money today. I was working at a shop in 90's, ping fucked up and sent in a set of L on bulk ship i scored for nothing

Best Golf Clubs For a Poor Man

If you go Ping at 6’2”, you probably want green or white dot. I’m 6’1” and had white dot.

Lots of good used clubs that are likely authentic onGlobalGolf and GolfWRX. Ex: https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/181...mment-23644797

EBay can have good deals and also has some sketch vendors.

I say if you had a HI sub 15 you should go get fitted. Fitting session isn't super pricey and you get clubs that match your swing.

You don't need to buy brand name heads, there are only a few factories in the world and they make all the clubs, most times the "no name" heads are made in the same factory as the big boys. If you're concerned about the name of the clubs in your bag, you're worrying about the wrong stuff. Even if you want you should sti be able to get name brand heads, fitted, 3-pw for under $1200. No names would run near $700 all in. Getting fitted got me over the hump and down to a 10HI at my height.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Check out GOLFWRX.COM. great site, great FS/WTB threads. Been a member there many years, sold and bought a ton of stuff.

If you're actually a poor man, fuck golf.

Even if you're comfortable or well off - fuck golf.

Basically just fuck golf.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    The Dude would undoubtedly agree with me.

Yeah? Probably. But the dude abides.

Golf Club

If you're a poor man, leave golf and do something to live a better life😊

Golf Club

No doubt, it is hard to leave golf, if this is the case, use affordable golf materials.

Taylormade Golf Driver

Do you know why choosing a good taylormade golf driver is important? As a golf player, you know the importance of distance, this is why choosing a taylormade golf driver is necessary. So, I recommend Taylormade JetSpeed Golf driver. This is reasonable and anyone can afford it.
    https://golfauthority.org/best-taylormade-drivers/
    This guide may also help you find some good ideas about Taylormade Golf drivers.

From what i seen Disc golf has got to be the fastest rising sport for people who wana drink beer & smoke dope

once you buy the set of discs it doesnt cost any money to disc golf
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-25-2022 at 10:09 AM.

From what i seen Disc golf has got to be the fastest rising sport for people who wana drink beer & smoke dope

once you buy the set of discs it doesnt cost any money to disc golf
    Yeah but you can’t show off your expensive Izod polo to the other Club members and sexually harass the beer card girl playing disc golf.

yeah insted of pulling a bag of Taylor Mades from the trunk of the Benz

disc golfers are pulling a bag of discs and 6er of IPA outa the back of a cheap Dodge mini van

Twisted Tea is the official sport drink of disc golf.