Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Option 4: Contact them via email if you ordered on line through their web site. State that you received 2 confirmations for the SINGLE order of 2 Chromebooks. The order was processed and they sent you 4. Ask for their direction on returning them- including a return shipping label(s) prepaid. If the send the label(s) then you ship them back. If they do not respond, you tried and after a reasonable time then you can do with the duplicates what you want.
    Option 4. Call them on the phone if they don't have an online way to reach customer service.
    I've posted this recently, but I had an expensive espresso machine delivered to the wrong address by UPS. Google Shopping gave me a refund before UPS even had a chance to find it. It showed up a few days later. Google shopping told me to keep it. I still got the refund.
    I would of course only send back the extras if they pay the shipping.

I fucking hate Shar Peis. My parents bread them growing up.

Pieces of shit. All of them.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Not fond of them. Obviously.

I mean. when you think of the reasons people like dogs, Shar Peis do not check the boxes.

None of the boxes.

I recently received 44 bars of lovely handmade bar soap after placing an order for 1 gift set. Another box would show up every couple of days. I emailed the company and ask them to stop sending me soap and I’d happily mail it back to them if the sent me a return label. They told me to keep it. They had a glitch in their system. If I hadn’t emailed them, I’d probably still be getting soap.

Anyone need soap? I have enough to last me about five years.

Give them away. I just gave away an IMac that I no longer needed to a family with two young teenagers, because they needed it a whole lot more than me, and it really wasn't worth that much in cash value. It was very appreciated, and made me feel all warm and fuzzy when I got the thank you note. Computers are valuable tools for kids these days, and hard to get. Be Robin Hood.

It's funny when Benny pretends not to be Irascible Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I mean. when you think of the reasons people like dogs, Shar Peis do not check the boxes.

None of the boxes.
    Put a yellow cap on 'em so your co-workers won't steal 'em.

Any dog breed that needs a nip and tuck for basic bodily functions should be punted from the gene pool. Nasty skin and temperament too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I fucking hate Shar Peis. My parents bread them growing up.
    Did they deep fry them after breading?

Keep ordering chromebooks but use a PO Box you've created under an assumed name. I'd use James Piotrowski. You've obviously found a loophole in their pick and pack system. Once you've accumulated around 50-60, let them sit in a locker at the local U-Store It for 35 days before attempting to cash in as inventory checks are done monthly.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Yeah... They don't have a customer service email. Just a phone number or option to return it to the store.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Would never do business with a company that has online store, but no way to contact other than in their store!!! Problem with using anything other than written documentation of the issue, what happens if they do end up billing you for the 2 added packages after you return them to the store? Call a Manager or their corporate number and speak to them about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Keep ordering chromebooks but use a PO Box you've created under an assumed name. I'd use James Piotrowski. You've obviously found a loophole in their pick and pack system. Once you've accumulated around 50-60, let them sit in a locker at the local U-Store It for 35 days before attempting to cash in as inventory checks are done monthly.
    I know you are not serious, but if by saying wait 35 days before cash in- returns on these products are usually limited to a number of days (10 in some cases, sometimes 30 days). So the cash in would not be to return to the store for a refund, but selling them elsewhere most of the time unless you are sure they have a 60 or 90 day return on all products.

Send them back, they don't belong to you.

Now if this was something involving Wells Fargo, I'd say fuck them six ways to Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Yep, can't believe this is being discussed. The mental gymnastics to justify this will start to slowly trickle down to other decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Now if this was something involving Wells Fargo, I'd say fuck them six ways to Sunday.
    This and I will say BB customer service recently helped me out (once I got someone on the phone) so they at least don’t fuck over everyone.

If it was Wells Fargo or Century Link then I’d say fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    I recently received 44 bars of lovely handmade bar soap after placing an order for 1 gift set. Another box would show up every couple of days. I emailed the company and ask them to stop sending me soap and I’d happily mail it back to them if the sent me a return label. They told me to keep it. They had a glitch in their system. If I hadn’t emailed them, I’d probably still be getting soap.

Anyone need soap? I have enough to last me about five years.
    Gatorgirl says I'm stinky and need one of those bars.

I'll buy one of those Chromebooks too for GatorJr.

I bet they don't even want them back. Loss is built into the system, it would probably cost them more to pay shipping and reconcile things. I've had that happen with Amazon a couple of times, they said just keep the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    I know you are not serious, but if by saying wait 35 days before cash in- returns on these products are usually limited to a number of days (10 in some cases, sometimes 30 days). So the cash in would not be to return to the store for a refund, but selling them elsewhere most of the time unless you are sure they have a 60 or 90 day return on all products.
    I dunno what a Chromebook costs but lets say $500. 50 x $500=25,000 in store credit at Best Buy, but since your receipt only says you bought 1 and you got 2, you're only gonna get 12,500 in store credit.

Alternatively you can rent a box van and try to sell all 50 of them, but people are gonna want deals. So now you're also looking at $250=12,500 cash, plus a good chance of getting picked up by the po-po, and we all know what they do to people.

I would get the store credit for 12,500, then sell the remaining 23 locally (assuming you keep 2 for the kids). And one more thing: you don't want to be shipping these things across state lines, because then the feds can bring charges if you get caught.

Several years ago I bought a pair of Karakorum Splitboard bindings on Backcountry. com.....They sent me two pair. I called their customer service number, and the dude that answered the phone was like "I can't believe you didn't just keep the extra set, you're crazy"! Promptly hung up on him, sold the extras on CL. Never heard another thing about it........
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

@Timberridge
    Since your plan involves a PO Box, you need to account for loss from the mailman/woman running their own skimming operation. My guess would be that one in five never arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Several years ago I bought a pair of Karakorum Splitboard bindings on Backcountry. com.....They sent me two pair. I called their customer service number, and the dude that answered the phone was like "I can't believe you didn't just keep the extra set, you're crazy"! Promptly hung up on him, sold the extras on CL. Never heard another thing about it........
    "This call may be recorded for customer service reasons..."

I ordered a set of poles from L9, and SFB or one of his coworkers musta put 2 sets in by accident. Same thing. I called and told them and they told me to keep them. But $49 poles is a bit different than $1000 of chromebooks, or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    @Timberridge
    Since your plan involves a PO Box, you need to account for loss from the mailman/woman running their own skimming operation. My guess would be that one in five never arrive.
    They could lose 1 in 5 not even skimming.

Several years ago I bought a pair of Karakorum Splitboard bindings from Backcountry, but they never arrived. I called their customer service number, and the dude that answered the phone was adamant that they had shipped, and that I just needed to be patient. They never did, but I got a killer deal from this guy on craigslist, and told visa that I've never even heard of Backcountry.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They could lose 1 in 5 not even skimming.
    True. Nobody has ever broken the 50% barrier.

I ordered some 25 yr shelf life dehydrated food from Wise Foods. They sent me the same order twice, a few days apart. While I was wondering what to do the sales rep started calling me every few days to buy more. It was annoying and so I kept the extra set as payment for the annoyance. I finally got them to stop calling me. Of course I'll probably find that the rations suck, that will be my karmic payback.