Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Several years ago I bought a pair of Karakorum Splitboard bindings from Backcountry, but they never arrived. I called their customer service number, and the dude that answered the phone was adamant that they had shipped, and that I just needed to be patient. They never did, but I got a killer deal from this guy on craigslist, and told visa that I've never even heard of Backcountry.
    Lulz....Well played.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

But the bindings broke, and I had to posthole several miles back to the truck. When I got home I tried to warranty them, but was denied because I didn't have the receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    But the bindings broke, and I had to posthole several miles back to the truck. When I got home I tried to warranty them, but was denied because I didn't have the receipt.

If you patronized your local shop, all this would have never happened.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I dunno what a Chromebook costs but lets say $500. 50 x $500=25,000 in store credit at Best Buy, but since your receipt only says you bought 1 and you got 2, you're only gonna get 12,500 in store credit.

Alternatively you can rent a box van and try to sell all 50 of them, but people are gonna want deals. So now you're also looking at $250=12,500 cash, plus a good chance of getting picked up by the po-po, and we all know what they do to people.

I would get the store credit for 12,500, then sell the remaining 23 locally (assuming you keep 2 for the kids). And one more thing: you don't want to be shipping these things across state lines, because then the feds can bring charges if you get caught.
    But again if you walk into stores on day 31 if they have a return it would be refused. So you would get $0 store credit is what I am saying. You are wanting to wait 35 days and all makes that a fail when it comes to electronics and limited return window of time.

Jeez, have you never fleeced Best Buy before?

Best Buy Elite Plus members have 45 days to return.

When they do the physical at month end and catch this, they might figure out who got them from ship weights and you may have to return them. If they don't catch it, then you're good to go. 35 days is a nice window.

Wow, this got far more legs than I thought it would.

Currently on hold for customer service with an expected wait time of 64 minutes lol. I was always leaning toward returning it to the store and this is just a lazier way of doing it. At least their hold music isn't terrible and speakerphones are a thing. What's even more interesting is the product isn't even listed on their website anymore. Not just 'out of stock' like other things, it's flat out gone. Maybe this was their final clearance sale and I got a 2 for 1.

And for those guessing, no, this isn't Best Buy. There's no moral dilemma with those cocksuckers. Fuck them. I avoid that store but every once in a while it is a necessary evil when I need something immediately because yes, the did drive my local small electronics store out of business and now they're the only game within 20 miles. I'll reveal what big box this was once I reach a conclusion.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

they ^^ probably won't want it back, if you openned it its no longer "new" and how do they sell something that isnt listed anymore ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Possibly. I only opened 1 of the 4 units so they're still new. I don't know how they pass leftover inventory off, there's gotta be a secondary market for the warehouse leftovers. It is amazing that it disappeared from the site entirely between the order date (tuesday) and delivery (thursday).

Hold time now past 45 min.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Weird question, but are you English? Just curious.

edit: not a completely random question kiddies
    he spelled it favor, not favour. so not English.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you patronized your local shop, all this would have never happened.
    I tried to buy them at the local store, but they said they would have to order them in. I told them, "I can order them. And they'll come straight to my house!"

Now they've gone out of business, and there's nowhere to get good boot fitting.

Maybe I'll take up cycling.

You are doing the 'right' thing DJS.

Should not even be a dilemma. Contact retailer, attempt to correct mistake. Leave dilemma up to them.

"No good deed goes unpunished."

And that applies to either attempting to return them and be an honest guy, or giving them away to somebody you know. So if it were me, I would give them away anonymously. That's the only way to escape karmic punishment.

64 minute hold time changes the moral calculus considerably.

1.5 hours of actual hold time later and Costco.com is going to email me some return labels and they're scheduling a UPS pickup. Customer service lady saw the duplicated order in their system and was quick to correct things. Good enough paper trail for me.

Hold time doesn't bother me much. Working from home, I just put the phone on speaker and I just plug away at work stuff until I'm surprised by a voice. I like Costco. They don't screw over their employees like the other Big Boxes, their return policy is great, and in general they don't sell junky products. I was always leaning toward returning it with giving them away as a second. Now if they refund me on the return, I'm not spending another 90 minutes on the phone for them. I laid out the situation quite plainly and the CS lady understood it and I'll just take this as the karma bank is trying to pay me some interest for something.

Good call. Relative to the standards of most major retailers Costco is a pretty good corporate citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Return them and pocket the cash.

Buy cocaine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Haha! Well played.

And this:

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I fucking hate Shar Peis. My parents bread them growing up.

Pieces of shit. All of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Did they deep fry them after breading?
    Thanks, solid work gents.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Option 4: Contact them via email if you ordered on line through their web site. State that you received 2 confirmations for the SINGLE order of 2 Chromebooks. The order was processed and they sent you 4. Ask for their direction on returning them- including a return shipping label(s) prepaid. If the send the label(s) then you ship them back. If they do not respond, you tried and after a reasonable time then you can do with the duplicates what you want.
    Yes, I think this is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    1.5 hours of actual hold time later and Costco.com is going to email me some return labels and they're scheduling a UPS pickup. Customer service lady saw the duplicated order in their system and was quick to correct things. Good enough paper trail for me.

Hold time doesn't bother me much. Working from home, I just put the phone on speaker and I just plug away at work stuff until I'm surprised by a voice. I like Costco. They don't screw over their employees like the other Big Boxes, their return policy is great, and in general they don't sell junky products. I was always leaning toward returning it with giving them away as a second. Now if they refund me on the return, I'm not spending another 90 minutes on the phone for them. I laid out the situation quite plainly and the CS lady understood it and I'll just take this as the karma bank is trying to pay me some interest for something.
    Perhaps it's a test? And James Sinegal will call you and offer you a lifetime Gold membership plus free hot dogs and pizza at the food counter?

I know I am late to this, but 4 chromebooks is the beginning of a decent OTB set up, FYI.

Perhaps it's a test? And James Sinegal will call you and offer you a lifetime Gold membership plus free hot dogs and pizza at the food counter?
    I've got two kids and my 7 year old is gunning to be the next Joey Chestnut. He'd be cash ahead giving me the chromebooks

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Possibly. I only opened 1 of the 4 units so they're still new. I don't know how they pass leftover inventory off, there's gotta be a secondary market for the warehouse leftovers. It is amazing that it disappeared from the site entirely between the order date (tuesday) and delivery (thursday).

Hold time now past 45 min.
    If it is opened then they usually sell it as open box returns at a discount. They can't usually sell it as new if the seal is broken and it is unpacked. They may also not sell it at all and just return it to the manufacturer if they have an agreement with them on the returns of opened or used items (which opened boxes are considered now used items).... All depends on the manufacturer, if the company purchases the inventory or the manufacturer has ownership still on the items in their warehouse or stock inventory and the store pays for them when they are sold. (Just like some auto deals they may pay a flooring charge but do not buy the items until they have made an actual sale)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Good call. Relative to the standards of most major retailers Costco is a pretty good corporate citizen.
    yep, costco is just about the best large retailer IMO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they ^^ probably won't want it back, if you openned it its no longer "new" and how do they sell something that isnt listed anymore ?
    Before you return the opened ones load them up with some of Vivas ladies.

Jeez, have you never fleeced Best Buy before?

Best Buy Elite Plus members have 45 days to return.

When they do the physical at month end and catch this, they might figure out who got them from ship weights and you may have to return them. If they don't catch it, then you're good to go. 35 days is a nice window.
    I'd never be a Worst Buy Elite Plus Member EVER... So the 45 days would be something I'd never enjoy. And it turns out the purchase was now revealed as not from Best Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Weird question, but are you English? Just curious.
    I'd like to change my answer Alex. Is it because I'm a fucking wanker?

If so, I accept that.