Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Risky Behaviour

yeah so that ^^ is kind of the rabbit hole you head down as real life happens

unless you can keep your life empty and meaningless except for skiing

So what about fucking up your wife's skis ... recommendations ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah so that ^^ is kind of the rabbit hole you head down as real life happens

unless you can keep your life empty and meaningless except for skiing

So what about fucking up your wife's skis ... recommendations ?
    I watched a dude take an angle grinder to his GF's (soon to be ex) edges at a party when he caught her cheating. Subtle enough to not be noticed till she went to lay down a turn and face planted hard. It was a rough day for her, I think she gave up after one or two runs.

We were 18 and stupid so I would take this advice with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    This is the key. My wife is not a big skier, she has her own pursuits and passions. But she knows that skiing is sacrosanct. She never complains or utters a negative word when i take off skiing.

As I get deeper into the family man scene, I find myself giving up more and more things. Biking, socializing, overnight trips etc. These things are all falling by the wayside and I'm actually ok with it. But skiing is not to be f*cked with and my wife knows it. And I don't mean that in any authoritative, patriarchal way. She just knows that skiing gives me the stoke I need to stay positive and inspired. And if i don't get my 100 or so ski sessions a year (I call them sessions because many of them are only 2 or 3 hours long)... look the f*ck out, I'm a god damn mess.

And if I can offer a slightly different perspective, DO NOT get your partner into skiing. I used to be kind of jealous of my buddies who had partners that were as enthusiastic as them about skiing. Not anymore. Kids and careers come along and those dudes now have to share skiing time with someone else. My life partner has her own stuff. Skiing is mine.
    Nailed it. My wife is the same, never tries to mess with my solo ski days. Took me years to realize that is a lot more important than a spouse who skis hard.

When it comes to wrecking gear AP doesnt need an angle grinder he just ... IS

When it comes to wrecking gear AP doesnt need an angle grinder he just ... IS
    I was camping with the kids last night at Tyee Lake, setting up the tent and hammering these big nails I use as pegs into the hard ground with a hammer. The little one calls my name, I turn around and just barely scrap the back of the hammer along the fly and put a big rip into it.

good thing buddy ^^ has a gear deal !
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-08-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Also, think about whether or not you want your potential life partner/mother of your children to be your ski partner. It would be shitty to have to dig her blue, mangled corpse out of a bunch of avy debris, or for her to have to do the same for you.

Having a couple degrees of emotional separation from adventure partners makes a lot of sense, IMO.
    Dude, he's in his early 20s and said nothing about skiing backcountry. Get real.

LDD, 40 days a year at Mammoth doesn't sound bad at all.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

skiing is actualy a very small part of the whole life partner thing
    That is way too mature for tgr

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Natch
    I can attest to their ability to rip 1st Gully.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    That is way too mature for tgr
    its just remembering what happens/happened how this actualy works

I met this guy skinning, he was here 3 days, buddy had read/believed all of Lee Lau's blogs and took a job up narth. He was a fucking machine on the up track and so was his wife, 5 years later they have kid/buy house/ both have very demanding professional careers and never bike or ski together any more cuz ... someone has to hold the kid