Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1452
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Same can be said for a lot of modern "enduro" bikes as well
    Now let's not take this TOO far...

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Cushcore reminds me of riding a 192 Legend Pro Rider. Sure, it can ride fast through steep shit snow, but if you're not in "big terrain" and going fast, the fun isn't there.
    I just think of it as the last step in the line.

If you flat an exo, get an exo plus. If you flat that, get double down. If you flat that, get dh casing. If you flat that, add an insert.

*that's all with running reasonable, tractiony tire pressures. Obviously people won't get too many flats if they're running 45psi, regardless of which casing they have.

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

If you flat an exo, get an exo plus. If you flat that, get double down. If you flat that, get dh casing. If you flat that, add an insert.

*that's all with running reasonable, tractiony tire pressures. Obviously people won't get too many flats if they're running 45psi, regardless of which casing they have.
    Ding ding, that’s my logic chose the tire that works for you and your intended purpose; start light and cheap, buy more expensive tires if you prematurely destroy them.

Same reason not all bikes come equipped with a coil rear shock even though all the wc dudes are on them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No. They run coil because air shocks suck, slow or fast.
    In that insert analysis you forgot rim damage. If you think a tire with inserys feel dead maybe hou should run 50 psi and while youre at it put 300psi in youre air shock. Newb level at 11 in the trgz

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

The best feel/grip/protection to weight ratio for me is DD casing in the rear with CC Pro......DH casing up front with no insert.

I have run DH casing with DD before and that is just plain crazy. Takes a ton of energy to get them rolling, but once going they fucking plow.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    No. They run coil because air shocks suck, slow or fast.
    In that insert analysis you forgot rim damage. If you think a tire with inserys feel dead maybe hou should run 50 psi and while youre at it put 300psi in youre air shock. Newb level at 11 in the trgz

It's a good thing bikes keep getting better. They can prop up your ego as you age out of the sport.

What's that saying? "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and some of them stink."

You can't be right on everything, dude. I've met plenty of really fast riders who run tires with no inserts and have very few problems, or none at all. I don't run inserts, and rarely destroy a tire or damage a rim, but that must mean I am a mediocre or slow rider according to your logic.

As far as coil vs air, ride what feels good to you. I don't care if you like what's on my bike. It's my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    It's a good thing bikes keep getting better. They can prop up your ego as you age out of the sport.

What's that saying? "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and some of them stink."

You can't be right on everything, dude. I've met plenty of really fast riders who run tires with no inserts and have very few problems, or none at all. I don't run inserts, and rarely destroy a tire or damage a rim, but that must mean I am a mediocre or slow rider according to your logic.

As far as coil vs air, ride what feels good to you. I don't care if you like what's on my bike. It's my bike.
    High on feelings , low on data bud. Newb status achoeved. Well done

Ok boomer

Are you talking about yourself again???

Haa, its kind of funny the similarities between assessments on emtb and inserts on the interwebz. Politics over fakt. My buddy says emtb/inserts are bad because i ride with him or he has more interweb street cred. It awesome. Sooo ez to taunt the morans. Facts>feelings bud

Starting to think Grinch is the Bushwacka of Sprocket Rockets - thinks his way is the only way, insists everyone else is just plain wrong, and is willing to argue with anyone anytime incessantly.

I'm still waiting for him to present some facts. Hes just stating his opinions. There's a difference.

Friday Trolling by bored old dude 101

I used want a ebike, but I've come to realize they're all ridden by pedantic boomers in jeans.

Experience>elementary schoolyard impressions

My ebike doesn't have inserts in it.

Just wanted to get that out there. Cue Grinch being personally offended.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I used want a ebike, but I've come to realize they're all ridden by pedantic boomers in jeans.
    Thanks for making my point. In the states its all about keeping up with the jones'. The early fat of emtb is being decided in the school yard playground. Meanwhile the kids in the uk, germany, italy, aus are ripping on emtb's and are going to be next level riders. Sam Hills 4 and 5 yr old kids are lapping the backyard jumps on their e scooters and have 10x more style then the school yard dentists here.
    You buy your samta cruz' and transitions because youve been told, not for the numbers. Basically posers riding ugg boots. Dentists dont go fast enough for inserts and if they do they skip them and just buy new wheels

Grinch, I ride a 26" aluminum framed bike with air shocks and no inserts. Can you tell me how I should feel about myself? Maybe I should keep up with the grinch's, do what I am told, and get some inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Grinch, I ride a 26" aluminum framed bike with air shocks and no inserts. Can you tell me how I should feel about myself? Maybe I should keep up with the grinch's, do what I am told, and get some inserts?
    Your rims are fkd. They dont even make tires to fit. Stick to the x box bud

Slightly back on track. This thing finally showed up (ordered the frame in December).

I love the clean lines of the top tube->seat stays on the newer transitions.

Slightly back on track. This thing finally showed up (ordered the frame in December).

beautiful!!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I never liked the beer gut/pregnant downtubes on the Transitions the last few years. These look cleaner.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Im all about the Ethicc.
    Lovely color accents on those new uggs!!
    For realz, that is a beauty. Transition has actually hit the nail on the head w their bikes. I think we're at a point where most companies are very close to perfect for progressive geo and some have gone a little too far and some not quite there. Next year it might not be longer, lower ,slacker, sreeper seat angle. Itll just be minor tweaking of the complete package Trani kind of put a balanced package together. New patrol as well. Goldilocks ripper bike

That is a really clean looking bike. The lines just make sense to my brain. Can’t wait to hear how it rides

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums