Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1425
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    15 mile 2k foot shakeout ride on the new whip today. I actually was gonna attempt a 5k foot much longer ride to a summit, but came across a ton of avi debris tinker toys.

Ok so this thing is fucking sick. A 29# bike feels like fucking air compared to my 37# race hog. The only thing I really want to change is to add CC XC to both the front and the rear. Was running tire pressure a little high so on the loose it was way drifty.

The suspension is sick. The 34 is dope. I had just a touch too much air in it I think, but was still really pleased. They really have that DPS tuned correctly. It got warm, but not super hot. I didn't do any sustained 15 minute descending though. I was expecting the stock wheels to be crappy like my stock DT Swiss on my other yeti, but these seemed pretty damn good. I will still upgrade though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EL5wQ3r.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	377635

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    15 mile 2k foot shakeout ride on the new whip today. I actually was gonna attempt a 5k foot much longer ride to a summit, but came across a ton of avi debris tinker toys.

Ok so this thing is fucking sick. A 29# bike feels like fucking air compared to my 37# race hog. The only thing I really want to change is to add CC XC to both the front and the rear. Was running tire pressure a little high so on the loose it was way drifty.

The suspension is sick. The 34 is dope. I had just a touch too much air in it I think, but was still really pleased. They really have that DPS tuned correctly. It got warm, but not super hot. I didn't do any sustained 15 minute descending though. I was expecting the stock wheels to be crappy like my stock DT Swiss on my other yeti, but these seemed pretty damn good. I will still upgrade though.

Pretty jealous. That’s a great looking bike! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm insanely stoked. I wish I had brought more food and water. I could have gone for a much longer ride. The climbing is easy and on flats it just cruises so nicely. The down was just stupid fun too. A couple times where I had to dial back because I forgot I wasn't on the big bike.

No joke this thing descends better than my old SC Blur LTC which was 150mm in the front and 130mm in the back. The 115 feels like much more travel than it actually has.

When Yeti comes out with the 120-125mm super bike I will buy that too. Cause I'm a nut.

I'm insanely stoked. I wish I had brought more food and water. I could have gone for a much longer ride. The climbing is easy and on flats it just cruises so nicely. The down was just stupid fun too. A couple times where I had to dial back because I forgot I wasn't on the big bike.

No joke this thing descends better than my old SC Blur LTC which was 150mm in the front and 130mm in the back. The 115 feels like much more travel than it actually has.

When Yeti comes out with the 120-125mm super bike I will buy that too. Cause I'm a nut.
    One has to think that bike (125mm or so) has to be in the works. There are some really capable bikes coming out now with limited travel.

I’ll also be super interested when it does as well.

Damn WRG that looks sick. Love the color.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Thanks dudes. Never thought I would buy a Yeti turquoise color frame, but beggars can't be choosers in this market and it is growing on me

And at least five PR's!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ha, none of those PRs really mean anything because the last time I rode that trail was like 6 years ago when I was just visiting Montana as a flatlander who was not nearly as good at bikes.

That said, I am gonna take this bike to some pedally enduro-ish trails that I have ridden a lot and see what it's really capable of.

It def looks fast. Nice ride WRG! Jeff Kendall Weed cant seem to put his yeti test bike down. I think its the same one? Dont they have the 130 travel lr(lunch tide)? Basically the same bike e a longer stroke shock. Maybe thats something else

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Man the transition and yeti just posted definitely do justice to the thread title. Congrats y’all.

The 130 and the sb115 are very, very different bikes, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    It def looks fast. Nice ride WRG! Jeff Kendall Weed cant seem to put his yeti test bike down. I think its the same one? Dont they have the 130 travel lr(lunch tide)? Basically the same bike e a longer stroke shock. Maybe thats something else

I think he is on the SB130. Different bike. 27.5 wheels. I thought about a 130, but I can't see myself ever going back to the smaller wheels.

Ah k. Ya for those bikes, definitely 9er. They all about ultra fast, dont want to be slowing those down. Ill prob never run a full 27.5 again in any bike/*prob

SB130 is a 29er just like the SB115 and the SB150. SB140 and SB165 are 27.5

Not 'just like', however, completely different geometry, linkages, shocks, and Switch Infinity...

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    SB130 is a 29er just like the SB115 and the SB150. SB140 and SB165 are 27.5
    Ah yeah, you are correct. My reason for not going 130 is that it seems pretty similar to the 150 I already have. Would it be a super fun bike to fill in the quiver between the 115 and the 150? Probably, but I'm not that liquid at the moment lol.

The 29ers are so capable and nimble now that I don't really see why anyone would go 27.5 these days unless you don't like going fast.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Not 'just like', however, completely different geometry, linkages, shocks, and Switch Infinity...
    "Just like" as in they all use 29er wheels...

Nice - WRG, that yeti looks slick. And you're spot on - a sub 30# bike feels like it just goes when you're used to an enduro sled. It's been a while since I've had a light-ish bike, and it turns out, it's fun.

Ah yeah, you are correct. My reason for not going 130 is that it seems pretty similar to the 150 I already have. Would it be a super fun bike to fill in the quiver between the 115 and the 150? Probably, but I'm not that liquid at the moment lol.
    130 is the bike you have when you can't afford and/or justify a 150 and a 115. With the 130 in the lineup it would surprise me if Yeti released a 120-125 bike unless it replaces the 130 entirely.

The 29ers are so capable and nimble now that I don't really see why anyone would go 27.5 these days unless you don't like going fast.
    I've been avoiding taking AC's new Stumpy EVO for a test ride because I'm worried it will ruin me for my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    130 is the bike you have when you can't afford and/or justify a 150 and a 115. With the 130 in the lineup it would surprise me if Yeti released a 120-125 bike unless it replaces the 130 entirely.
    Precisely why I got a Revel Ranger instead of the Rascal since I have a Bronson already. Whether or not the Bronson gets ridden much remains to be seen!

That CBF platform is so damn smooth

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

I've been avoiding taking AC's new Stumpy EVO for a test ride because I'm worried it will ruin me for my bike.
    not sure what you’re on but I feel zero need for anything with less travel. but i do have a hard tail cushcored mullet tank that’s heavier than my evo.

unless someone is regularly doing rides that average over 11 mph, i can’t imagine it being too much bike.

granted the evo is no lift-serve loving enduro sled either. kinda like a Ransom i guess.
    bumps are for poor people

SC Tallboy - I've had it out for 4 rides. PRs on every DH. The VPP lower link is so smooth. I have a Cascade Link and I'm undecided about swapping it in just because it already rides so well. The DPS performs way better than it should. In the back of my mind I'm still considering a 160/145, but we'll see.

* The NN on the rear is from the person I bought it from.

Name:	TB4.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	377725

All this Spur/SB115 talk is making me want one. I fucking love my 35# Patrol, but I have to admit that it's massively overkill for a lot of my riding.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    not sure what you’re on but I feel zero need for anything with less travel. but i do have a hard tail cushcored mullet tank that’s heavier than my evo.

unless someone is regularly doing rides that average over 11 mph, i can’t imagine it being too much bike.

granted the evo is no lift-serve loving enduro sled either. kinda like a Ransom i guess.
    My main bike is a Megatrail. The EVO probably goes up and down better/faster.

I took a quick pedal on a Spot Ryve 115 and couldnt believe how quick it climbed. SID 35 on it was nice but the front end is just not very stiff compared to what I'm used to. Mayhem 130 might be my next frame. Then again I don't have time or patience for a bike build in 2021