Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1452
    That scott is pretty damn nice. Id wait for year 2 in hopes thy put more slope on the top tube. Looks like a bit of a missed oppo as is. They could put 2 water bottles on the downtube and tool holder on the seattube and still have a few more inches of standover. Danger holm must be chompin at the bit to put one of those on a diet and drill a few holes

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    The Scott caught my eye today for sure. It’s not all that new though so it should work well I’d think.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/scott-no...ld-cycles.html
    Do you know if the Bold was using the same sort of bolted together / splined rocker link thingy? Tough to tell from that article.

Just seems like a bunch of extra complication on a part of the bike that gets a lot of weird loads on it.

Fair point about the loads down there, maybe the original link is one piece?.

proceed with caution, edgy euro video ahead.

a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Fair point about the loads down there, maybe the original link is one piece?.

proceed with caution, edgy euro video ahead.

It seems like it's gotta be 2 piece, since otherwise there's not any way to access that upper shock bolt. Seems like you've gotta take the swing link apart at the main pivot to remove the shock.

So maybe Bold figured it out and it doesn't creak. Or maybe since Bold only sold like 7 bikes we'll have to wait for a bigger sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It seems like it's gotta be 2 piece, since otherwise there's not any way to access that upper shock bolt. Seems like you've gotta take the swing link apart at the main pivot to remove the shock.

So maybe Bold figured it out and it doesn't creak. Or maybe since Bold only sold like 7 bikes we'll have to wait for a bigger sample size.
    https://i0.heartyhosting.com/www.bik...546.jpg?w=1600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07869-970x546.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	376790

A lot of money in molds and forgings there.... I hope it was more than 7 bikes.

How about that remote on the Scott!
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

https://i0.heartyhosting.com/www.bik...546.jpg?w=1600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07869-970x546.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	376790

A lot of money in molds and forgings there.... I hope it was more than 7 bikes.
    I mean, it certainly looks like it'd creak.

I am sure it will wear well over time...

Formerly Rludes025

How about that remote on the Scott!
    I am just a simple man, with a simple mind, but the mangled mess of lockout/dropper/shifter was not good for me.

I was droppering when I should have been shifting…and locking out when I should have been 85ing. There was just a lot going on with a lot of options. The few rides I took on the old Spark and the old RC were frustrating

I’m told you get used to it, but sometimes you also get used to less options and are happy with what you don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I had a Spark for a few months over the winter, and it did take some time to get used to those three levers... but I absolutely loved the TwinLoc system. And even with the outdated geo (specifically the slack STA), the older version of the Spark was an absolute rocket. I'd love to take the new one out for some big rides.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I am just a simple man, with a simple mind, but the mangled mess of lockout/dropper/shifter was not good for me.

I was droppering when I should have been shifting…and locking out when I should have been 85ing. There was just a lot going on with a lot of options. The few rides I took on the old Spark and the old RC were frustrating

I’m told you get used to it, but sometimes you also get used to less options and are happy with what you don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    and for your trails down in DE, how much locking out do you need to do? Trails like FH and Brandywine generally want your suspension active through the roots/rocks on singletrack climbs IME, though i suppose Whiteclay you'd get plenty of spots for lockouts to be applicable given how smooth everything is.

In my area don't use lockout much other than road transfers between parks which is useful, but not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    and for your trails down in DE, how much locking out do you need to do? Trails like FH and Brandywine generally want your suspension active through the roots/rocks on singletrack climbs IME, though i suppose Whiteclay you'd get plenty of spots for lockouts to be applicable given how smooth everything is.

In my area don't use lockout much other than road transfers between parks which is useful, but not too bad.
    Not totally necessary...but if it's there, I'm gonna play with it. But I was testing (which sounds better than "demo"), so I was flicking back and forth...doing lots of hill repeats, some flat, locked-out type stuff, etc. Just sorta seeing what worked best and where. I hit the wrong lever...hit multiple levers, slid off the lever...maybe I just have large thumbs.

Re: Smokkan - I liked the idea...but I got along much better with Twist-lock/push unlock that Trek and (sometimes) YT use than the extra lever. Cue the anti-Twist-lock gestapo!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I like how the Patrol mullet looks but damn, $5600 for an aluminum frame and aluminum rims? Nah.
    Yeah, but it's a WAY better value than the $5,050 entry level NX Bronson, or $5,950 GX Bronson. Literally every component is much better on the Transition build, especially the suspension. Those wheels might be alloy, but they're tough, not cheesium like the Race Face ones. Even the Transition $5k GX build is way better.

ditching the twinloc is a little spendy, but a pretty easy task to accomplish. I did it on my old Genius LT and I've done it on my Ransom. I use a fox 3 position lever to control the nude shock, a wolftooth dropper lever, and installed a regular non-remote Fit 4 with the indents. Makes for a pretty clean looking cockpit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bar1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	251.7 KB 
ID:	376826

Name:	bar2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	376827

Name:	bar3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	376828

Do you know if the Bold was using the same sort of bolted together / splined rocker link thingy? Tough to tell from that article.

Just seems like a bunch of extra complication on a part of the bike that gets a lot of weird loads on it.
    Orbea uses 2-piece splined rocker links too, in the Occam and Rallon anyway. They seem to work fine.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Orbea uses 2-piece splined rocker links too, in the Occam and Rallon anyway. They seem to work fine.
    A little different though. Orbeas are 2 pieces side to side, which lots of companies have done over the years. The Scott / Bold are 2 pieces both side to side and lengthwise (so actually 3 pieces). I can't think of anyone else that's done that, since there's really no reason for it unless you're trying to bury the shock in the seat tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Yeah, but it's a WAY better value than the $5,050 entry level NX Bronson, or $5,950 GX Bronson. Literally every component is much better on the Transition build, especially the suspension. Those wheels might be alloy, but they're tough, not cheesium like the Race Face ones. Even the Transition $5k GX build is way better.
    This was my thinking when I put down a deposit on a Patrol this week over the Bronson and other options. I'm a Fox/Shimano guy so the spec was perfect for me and value was acceptable. It's the same here in Canada with the new Bronson, I'd be looking at $1,500 more for one with Fox 36/Super Deluxe combo (I want the X2), XT group and the Race Face wheels. Yeah I'd prefer a carbon frame but not for $1,500 with a worse spec. The DT Swiss wheels on the Patrol at 32 spoke, 350 hubs/36t, smart spec choices all around, only things I might change are bars to my Renthal carbon Fat Bar and tires to Maxxis DD Assegai/DHRII.

I'm in the market for a new bike(s), looking to oreorder for next year.
    I'm on a rallon as we speak. Ride Wharncliffe(you'll have seen in Steve Peat vids) Rocky rooty steep and pedal back up. Some park days with uplift. Some flowly not steep small jump/berm trails. Winn Hill and narnia(peak district)rooty and very funking steep
    Heart was set on RM altitude with a view to trade rallon with someone for a trail bike, Mrs has been pre warned I NEED the 2nd bike.
    But the Bronson and Tranny look great(1 bike does it all). any inspiration, I'm not a bike slag demoing trying mates out etc and drooling over Magazine pages so really can only tell you I've not drama on my rallon

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    I'm on a rallon as we speak. Ride Wharncliffe(you'll have seen in Steve Peat vids) Rocky rooty steep and pedal back up. Some park days with uplift. Some flowly not steep small jump/berm trails. Winn Hill and narnia(peak district)rooty and very funking steep
    Heart was set on RM altitude with a view to trade rallon with someone for a trail bike, Mrs has been pre warned I NEED the 2nd bike.
    But the Bronson and Tranny look great(1 bike does it all). any inspiration, I'm not a bike slag demoing trying mates out etc and drooling over Magazine pages so really can only tell you I've not drama on my rallon

Have you checked out Whyte? Really nice bikes from a UK company and very reasonably priced for that level of quality

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I like how the Patrol mullet looks but damn, $5600 for an aluminum frame and aluminum rims? Nah.
    Be prepared to pay more than ever for bikes in 2022. Lots of substantial price increases planned to make up for shipping cost increases.

...since there's really no reason for it unless you're trying to bury the shock in the seat tube.
    You seem to have your thumb on pulse of the bike industry as much as anyone...

Why do this? I think the Scott looks cool...and I read the marketing dribble. BUT...is there really any point to hiding the shock in this fashion?

I'm also not so keen on the internal brake housing...but it sure does look cool!

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    You seem to have your thumb on pulse of the bike industry as much as anyone...

Why do this? I think the Scott looks cool...and I read the marketing dribble. BUT...is there really any point to hiding the shock in this fashion?

I'm also not so keen on the internal brake housing...but it sure does look cool!
    As far as I can tell, it's 95% for looks.

Maybe it lets them get the shock exactly where they want it for the kinematics they were looking for, but I think that could've been done in a more traditional / straightforward manner. And I guess there's some benefits to not having the shock exposed to mud and dirt.

But mostly I think they just wanted to make a clean looking bike.

But mostly I think they just wanted to make a clean looking bike.
    Name:  Bush.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  15.7 KB

100%! I guess time will tell if that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post

Deviate Highlander 150?

I totally don’t need another big bike, but somehow wound up preordering a Spire for late 2021 delivery. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Have you checked out Whyte? Really nice bikes from a UK company and very reasonably priced for that level of quality

fat blokes bike

i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum