Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1452
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I took a quick pedal on a Spot Ryve 115 and couldnt believe how quick it climbed. SID 35 on it was nice but the front end is just not very stiff compared to what I'm used to. Mayhem 130 might be my next frame. Then again I don't have time or patience for a bike build in 2021
    Are they selling with SID builds now? (last time I checked, it was all Fox).
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I took a quick pedal on a Spot Ryve 115 and couldnt believe how quick it climbed. SID 35 on it was nice but the front end is just not very stiff compared to what I'm used to. Mayhem 130 might be my next frame. Then again I don't have time or patience for a bike build in 2021
    My GF has the Ryve 115, but hers has the Stepcast 34. I rode it back to back with my Ripley (we're the same weight at 63kg, so fork flex isn't a huge thing), and it was pretty much exactly what I expected: slightly more XC feeling with the get up and go and slow speed handling, but slightly less confidence inspiring on faster, chunkier DH. She loves it and is faster up and down than she was on the 140mm Remedy she had before.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    6 star builds on the Ryve 115 are SID Ultimate, 4 and 5 star are Fox

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Plus I rode a Spot employee's bike and they all have custom builds.

Apparently the container ship w/ Spurs has arrived recently, because I got mine this weekend too. Picked up a KOMs on an uphill and downhill segment on the inaugural ride, which is a good sign. (Granted, these are not competitive/popular segments).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skoti7c.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	377730

Name:	AHJaRsl.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	921.2 KB 
ID:	377731

My large is sitting right at 27lbs with inserts now that I've swapped on some wheels I had laying around. Waiting on a chainring to come in and I can swap over most of an XTR groupset which should shave another pound just between the cassette and cranks. I have to say, the Deore stuff impressed, just a bit porky on the 2 aforementioned parts.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Apparently the container ship w/ Spurs has arrived recently, because I got mine this weekend too. Picked up a KOMs on an uphill and downhill segment on the inaugural ride, which is a good sign. (Granted, these are not competitive/popular segments).

My large is sitting right at 27lbs with inserts now that I've swapped on some wheels I had laying around. Waiting on a chainring to come in and I can swap over most of an XTR groupset which should shave another pound just between the cassette and cranks. I have to say, the Deore stuff impressed, just a bit porky on the 2 aforementioned parts.
    Nice! The two colors for the Spur are some of the best out there. Let me know if you want a Fox 34 Grip 2 130mm to replace that Sid

Holy shit, I'm glad I was able find AC's EVO back in March, because the price has gone up by $1600 since then. Nicer builds have gone up even more, S-Works went from $10k to $15k

I turn 40 next year and was going to buy myself a new bike, but I may have to shelve that idea unless lightly-used COVID bikes start flooding the market.

Nice! Spur posse is running deep!

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

New Norco Range is getting much love

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Holy shit, I'm glad I was able find AC's EVO back in March, because the price has gone up by $1600 since then. Nicer builds have gone up even more, S-Works went from $10k to $15k

I turn 40 next year and was going to buy myself a new bike, but I may have to shelve that idea unless lightly-used COVID bikes start flooding the market.
    For a budget option Costco is selling the Intense 951 online for $3,250 with an NX level build. Not sure how exactly the 951 differs from the rest of their line but presumably a bit heavier and low-ish end but decent susp. The main selling point is it's actually in stock, apparently.

https://www.costco.com/intense-951-t...100692028.html

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    For a budget option Costco is selling the Intense 951 online for $3,250 with an NX level build. Not sure how exactly the 951 differs from the rest of their line but presumably a bit heavier and low-ish end but decent susp. The main selling point is it's actually in stock, apparently.

https://www.costco.com/intense-951-t...100692028.html
    Hard pass.

I’m choking while saying this, but the new Cannondale is a bit drool worthy.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review...yll-1-new.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Nice! The two colors for the Spur are some of the best out there. Let me know if you want a Fox 34 Grip 2 130mm to replace that Sid
    Ha, so far I'm actually liking the Sid up front. Still dialing in sag vs LSC, it's a little more dive-y than I'm used to. Otherwise I'm happy, I have the lower-end Sid Select which has significantly more oil volume than the Ultimate with the race damper, so it seems to hold up to repeated hits really well. Overall the front end feels pretty stiff and I suspect the Sid 35 is a bit more stout than the Fox 34 chassis. If i do find the damper gets overwhelmed on longer downhills I probably would look to something with a Grip2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Container landing prices have gone from high 3 low 4 figures to 5 figures (25k). Depending on brand and industry, obviously. That came from an industry not cycling related, but in the outdoor industry company providing softgoods.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

That first pic makes the Spur look like some military-grade weapon. Such a good looking machine! Congrats!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I had the exact same thought. Pricing is solid. It looks great. Geo is good… I’ve been around cannondales enough to know something is wrong but I can’t spot it online.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’m choking while saying this, but the new Cannondale is a bit drool worthy.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review...yll-1-new.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I had the exact same thought. Pricing is solid. It looks great. Geo is good… I’ve been around cannondales enough to know something is wrong but I can’t spot it online.
    The weight is what is wrong. Not much pedaling in Enduro racing so it doesn't matter.

The weight is what is wrong. Not much pedaling in Enduro racing so it doesn't matter.
    I don't really see anything wrong with the weight. 34ish lbs is pretty much standard for bikes in the ~170mm class. It's still 2-3 lbs lighter than that norco high pivot that just came out.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I don't really see anything wrong with the weight. 34ish lbs is pretty much standard for bikes in the ~170mm class. It's still 2-3 lbs lighter than that norco high pivot that just came out.
    Exactly. It is still a contentious numeric. Just like how the weight of every 450 moto is debated.

Exactly. It is still a contentious numeric. Just like how the weight of every 450 moto is debated.
    But is it actually contentious? What 170mm bike weighs substantially less? A full dentist build enduro is still ~32lbs. That cannondale would be right around that if you threw some money at it.

Is anything actually contentious? Or is it just something to debate because nerds just like to debate. Personally a carbon bike that heavy doesn't make me happy because I'm gonna add 2 pounds of tires and inserts to it. Gonna shred downhill but uphill will be a dog (like any 170mm 29er Enduro race rig will be)

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I've heard a few times about race bikes (inserts, DD or DH casings) coming in at the 37.9 lb heavyweight division.... (nobody wants to say 38)
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Is anything actually contentious? Or is it just something to debate because nerds just like to debate. Personally a carbon bike that heavy doesn't make me happy because I'm gonna add 2 pounds of tires and inserts to it. Gonna shred downhill but uphill will be a dog (like any 170mm 29er Enduro race rig will be)
    So you're saying the degree of contentiousness is contentious?

This conversation made me go weigh my enduro. 35.2 lbs (with pedals). And it's about to get heavier (trading zeb for 38).

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Haha have seen this sentiment in a few places online... first appealing Cannondale trail/enduro bike in so long, no dumb proprietary BS.

Re: weight, I seem to recall some Pivot Firebird builds being pretty light, but that was pre Zeb/38, air shock and maybe no inserts. Pivot bikes do seem to come in on the lighter side of things, Phoenix being another example.

Some former coworkers/friends started a youtube channel of bike builds, pretty good stuff:
    [
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"