Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1425
    Sent that PB review to my buddy who has last gen Element and was initially critical of it when it was released.

His reply today surprised me with his secret new 21/22 Element build. I’m a bit jealous. Longer and slacker than my trail bike but no complaints from me really currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    [FANBOIALERT]

Well, the Pinkbike dorks fully agree with my impressions on the new Element, so hey, confirmation bias has been achieved. Can’t recommend this bike highly enough. I already put on 4 pot brakes and bigger rims, just waiting on a FloatX and a Pike 140 to really uncork this thing!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/field-...n-element.html
    The comments are consistent at least. "How does it compare to the Spur?" being every other one.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    [FANBOIALERT]

Well, the Pinkbike dorks fully agree with my impressions on the new Element, so hey, confirmation bias has been achieved. Can’t recommend this bike highly enough. I already put on 4 pot brakes and bigger rims, just waiting on a FloatX and a Pike 140 to really uncork this thing!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/field-...n-element.html
    The new Element sure is purdy. A sub 27lb 120mm bike that not only is efficient going uphill but is also competent on the downs sounds like the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    The comments are consistent at least. "How does it compare to the Spur?" being every other one.
    this. i so want an alloy Spur.

yeah, it'll be heavier. fine, i want those numbers minus the carbon tax plus the heftier frame weight.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    this. i so want an alloy Spur.

yeah, it'll be heavier. fine, i want those numbers minus the carbon tax plus the heftier frame weight.
    a Banshee Phantom…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I feel someone here has a Forbidden Druid or extensive time on one…. Thoughts?? It’s tempting me, it calls me

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I feel someone here has a Forbidden Druid or extensive time on one…. Thoughts?? It’s tempting me, it calls me

Super fun bike... I rode one (with a coil) for ~3 months last winter/spring. If I got another one, I'd be tempted to add the Cascade Link to make it ~142mm (?) of rear travel since I don't believe it changes the geometry. Put a 150mm fork up front and that's an ass-kicking trail bike that can handle just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Super fun bike... I rode one (with a coil) for ~3 months last winter/spring. If I got another one, I'd be tempted to add the Cascade Link to make it ~142mm (?) of rear travel since I don't believe it changes the geometry. Put a 150mm fork up front and that's an ass-kicking trail bike that can handle just about anything.
    Thanks!

How did you find the climbing on it? I feel it is ultra capable and like you said amazing trail bike

Climbing wise, overall it’s pretty average compared to the other trail bikes I’ve ridden. But on tech climbing, it’s pretty magical. It seems to just float over chunk.

More Pinkbike fawning over the Element…

“ Oddly enough, the most aggressive DC bike, the Rocky Mountain Element, with its 65º head angle and ultra low dynamic BB height, was the only one in this category to make it up the slippery slope. How is that possible you ask - slack head angles make for terrible climbers, or do they? We're not talking sub-60º Grim Donut head angles that feel floppy even on flat ground. The Element enabled me to make those tight turns without the front wheel understeering as it was necessary to keep a high cadence and forward momentum. Stopping or slowing the rhythm with those harder compound tires on the bare rock sheen would quickly overcome the possible friction. The rear end of the bike also delivered gobs of traction, even while under load. Although this would be tougher to manage though sections of trail where you'd find an abundance of rocks and roots without the odd pedal strike, keeping in mind, the Ride 4 geometry adjustment is there to steepen the angles and raise the BB. Another worthy talking point, is that this is the only DC bike in our test to come spec'd with 170 mm cranks; a component that seems to align with my preference to provide more deliverable power compared to longer 175 mm arms. ”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

RM must have bought up all the 170mm cranks.... I haven’t bought a bike in 2-3 years that came with 175s.

Evil makes good looking bikes.

*repost cause my computer doesn't always know who I am

Finally got my Insurgent MX. So freakin stoked. I've only been able to shred the campus stairs so far but I can tell it's going to be an absolute monster. Feels slightly heavier than I thought it would but it pedals well. I can't wait to get it on some fast, steep, sustained tech. Bought some Galfer rotors and MTX pads. Still undecided about potentially swapping out the shock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220108_142910485_HDR.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	400305

I just built this up for one of my clients:
    Revel Ranger. 29er, 115 rear with a Fox Float DPS Factory, matched to a 120 Fox 34 Stepcast Factory.
    DT Swiss XRC 1200 SPLINE, 180 hubs with 54t Star Ratchet, wrapped in 2.4 WT Maxxis Rekons
    XTR 10-51, XTR RD/Shifter, XTR Crank w 34t, Stages power meter.
    XTR 2-pot calipers to 180 rotors.
    Fox Transfer Dropper, Ergon touch points.

Waiting for a bottle cage to mount, and I need to dial in the rear suspension under her weight.

Name:	IMG_2837.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1,005.4 KB 
ID:	402543

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I just built this up for one of my clients:
    Revel Ranger. 29er, 115 rear with a Fox Float DPS Factory, matched to a 120 Fox 34 Stepcast Factory.
    DT Swiss XRC 1200 SPLINE, 180 hubs with 54t Star Ratchet, wrapped in 2.4 WT Maxxis Rekons
    XTR 10-51, XTR RD/Shifter, XTR Crank w 34t, Stages power meter.
    XTR 2-pot calipers to 180 rotors.
    Fox Transfer Dropper, Ergon touch points.

Waiting for a bottle cage to mount, and I need to dial in the rear suspension under her weight.

Name:	IMG_2837.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1,005.4 KB 
ID:	402543
    Gorgeous. 34t chainring, though... She must be a beast! I'm all about the tiny gears.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Gorgeous. 34t chainring, though... She must be a beast! I'm all about the tiny gears.
    You'd be surprised. On my Ranger I am almost never in the big cogs. On an xc bike like that, I'm not doing winch and plummet rides anyways, so there isn't as much need for the low gearing of a 32t. That said, I have a 32t on mine for the days I bring my ranger on a big vert day.

^Gorgeous bike

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Nice looking Ranger. I get tempted to try a 130 pike on mine but it rides so freaking good with the SID setup, such a smooth ride

I know its a last years bike, but man I really want a Ripley AF. I would really enjoy a short travel 29er for the less rowdy front range trails. Finding XLs is hard

21/22 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

The Ranger came in at 25.46 lbs or 11.56kgs in size Small.
    That’s with Rekon 2.4WT 3CT/EXO+/TR with 3oz of Stans in each tire. (840g tire plus 90g for the sealant).
    A new Fox Transfer SL will shave some weight, and exploring some PRO cockpit parts for a few grams.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 01-29-2022 at 11:08 AM.

This SB150 build that competitive cyclist posted as their bike of the week a few weeks back.....

Name:	shortstight.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	772.6 KB 
ID:	403038

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    asking for a friend... If someone coming from an xc weenie/hardtail heritage were looking for a "downcountry" bike that climbs really well, descends really well, is light, has minimum 2 bottle mounts... Is the shortlist RM Element, Revel Ranger and Transition Spur?

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    asking for a friend... If someone coming from an xc weenie/hardtail heritage were looking for a "downcountry" bike that climbs really well, descends really well, is light, has minimum 2 bottle mounts... Is the shortlist RM Element, Revel Ranger and Transition Spur?
    I'd add the Santa Cruze Blur TR. I build one last August and was really impressed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    You could probably add the Specialized Epic Evo to the list as well.

New Gravel build coming up....
    UPS delivered some Shimano goodies last night. Parts do exist!

Name:	IMG_2904.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	667.0 KB 
ID:	403355

P.S. I promise the bike photos will be right side up.