Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1452

Checks a lot of boxes, but a lot left to find out. I'll be keeping my eye out.

“Never buy first Gen anything”

~ a wise man

Currently sticking to my guns on this regarding an electric pickup truck. I’ll wait until v.2.
    Last edited by rideit; 08-03-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    “Never buy first Gen anything”

~ a wise man
    This. My friend asked me if I was going to cancel my Transition Patrol pre-order for one of these. They look great, and WeAreOne's track record with existing products and customer service is excellent, but I won't be plonking $10k CAD down on one. Lots of price talk online, but it's cheaper than a Santa Cruz X01 build with Reserve wheels.

Just stopping in to talk up new bike, Orbea Occam size small. Amazing climber, solid descending, the 29" wheels can cover ground lime nobody's business. I'm in love.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Just stopping in to talk up new bike, Orbea Occam size small. Amazing climber, solid descending, the 29" wheels can cover ground lime nobody's business. I'm in love.

Awesome dude...ENJOI!!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    This. My friend asked me if I was going to cancel my Transition Patrol pre-order for one of these. They look great, and WeAreOne's track record with existing products and customer service is excellent, but I won't be plonking $10k CAD down on one. Lots of price talk online, but it's cheaper than a Santa Cruz X01 build with Reserve wheels.
    Yeah, both build options are high end, but they're good value compared to similar spec on other bikes. Totally fair for someone to not be in the market for something that expensive, but getting mad about what they're charging is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Awesome dude...ENJOI!!!!
    Dudette, to be clear…nice new ride!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Dudette, to be clear…nice new ride!
    Whoops my bad. I've been going with: dunno if you heard, but I hit my head a few weeks ago!

Apologies!

even the potatoes in idaho have built in cameras, apparently
    Those bikes are dope, I had the first gen Rallon back in 2014, and have had my eye on the new offerings.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

@smmokan or any other Rangers out there, Revel just dropped a slick looking debris guard to keep the schmeg from getting in the linkage. Also a push elevensix coil option which is intriguing

https://www.revelbikes.com/product/ranger-debris-guard/

The WeAreOne is absolutely rad but that front end/stack is super low and once you normalize, the reach gets shortened by almost 1cm. Not a big deal for most but at 6'2" the Size 3 is too short.

Whoops my bad. I've been going with: dunno if you heard, but I hit my head a few weeks ago!

Apologies!
    No worries. I'm pretty thick skinned, but do you wonder why the women don't feel too welcome here, dood?

No worries. I'm pretty thick skinned, but do you wonder why the women don't feel too welcome here, dood?

In this case (and similar) I don't. It was an honest mistake as I have no idea who you are. I apologized...and I meant it. I can't do any more than that. Sorry I offended you.

Exactly what Ms Boissal who's on the exact same bike has to say. Rad to see another lady sending it on the Occam!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

In this case (and similar) I don't. It was an honest mistake as I have no idea who you are. I apologized...and I meant it. I can't do any more than that. Sorry I offended you.
    No worries, I call a lot of my friends dude, male and female. Ride on!

No worries, I call a lot of my friends dude, male and female. Ride on!

Yep! 🤜🏻🤛🏻 Enjoi the bike…100% mean that!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Revel Rangers with Push suspension… I think it’s really dumb but dang I want to ride one.

https://bikerumor.com/2021/08/04/rev...-debris-guard/

anyone thrown a leg over the new Bronson yet?

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

I've got my eye on:
    Salsa Rustler
    Ibis Mojo/Mojo HD5
    Process 134 27.5

I will test some 29's cause I've never rid one. New Englander's, convince me to let go of the small wheel. Is big travel 29 overkill here? Is this why our local trails' now have wider turns?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    I've got my eye on:
    Salsa Rustler
    Ibis Mojo/Mojo HD5
    Process 134 27.5

I will test some 29's cause I've never rid one. New Englander's, convince me to let go of the small wheel. Is big travel 29 overkill here? Is this why our local trails' now have wider turns?
    Honestly wheel size doesnt really determine how tight a bike turns.....

Wheel size just changes

Positives

approach angle of small obstacle (huge in new england IMO)
    Momentum held due to to rotating mass
    Gyroscopic effect of a larger mass spinning that makes the bike harder to unsettle in high speed chunk.
    Contact patch is longer and skinnier on ground which into rolls faster

Negatives

more rotational mass to accelerate....I honestly feel this more pumping than I do pedaling
    Harder to move around rear wheel, especially if you have shorter legs
    gyroscopic effect can feel harder to lean over, once you get use to it IMO it actually holds a line better than a smaller wheel better.
    heavier in general.

Honestly if you want a speed boost over small chunk than the 29er is better with out much penalty, if your local trail doesnt have much chatter and you like 27.5 just stick with it. 29ers(or mullet....) is faster but faster is not everything.

^^Good Stuff. It's appreciated^^

In my mind, a shorter travel 29 makes sense compared to these monstrous sleds (shorter wheel base)... I'll try a longer and shorter 29.

Bush,
    Any feels for long/short 29's around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    ^^Good Stuff. It's appreciated^^

In my mind, a shorter travel 29 makes sense compared to these monstrous sleds (shorter wheel base)... I'll try a longer and shorter 29.

Bush,
    Any feels for long/short 29's around here?
    I currently ride a 2021 Canfield Nimble 9 150mm fork 29x 2.6 inch tires and 2014 Trance 160/140 27.5 x 2.4. I also have on order a Transition Sentinel(29er). I demoed a ton of longer travel bikes and the Transition was the most fun while being very comfortable climber. I did not even consider a 27.5 because for me the trade off of the larger wheels is worth it. The Send it All is easy to pump, turns very quickly while leaned,( an absolute pig "steering"), I have also rode a Spur, Ripley, and Optic and they just did not make any sense with having hardtail I love. There really is much penalty going to a 140-160 rear travel 29er over a short travel bike while climbing. If the suspension is not set up well it can feel dead on "flow" trails compared to shorter sporty bikes but once set up its feel well enough. IMO I would buy a shorter travel bike if I only rode stuff like Cady Hill, lower CFN, Hardwick, Darling Hill, Sunny Hollow(front side), Calias and sure it would work at Richmond, Perry, Upper CFN, Burke, Victory, waterworks but there is where the longer travel starts to shine. I tend to avoid the marked stuff in Stowe, and like more primitive trail. For me having an ultra Nimble hardtail, and long travel All mountain bike that is playful but can still bruise is ideal. I just fail to see much downside to have a little more travel and longer bike. Heck I do not think length really dictates how nimble a bike is. My N9 has longer wheel base than my Trance and its way quicker around tighter turns.

Again, good stuff - there's a lot of insight. Thanks

Keep in mind that geometry is going to have as much (or more) impact on how a bike handles tight trails as wheel size or suspension travel. Slacker and longer will generally make the bike feel more piggish in tight terrain, regardless of wheel size or suspension travel. But longer travel bikes are more likely to be slack and long.