Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Sell the Pivot now to a newb Covid rider who doesn't know about boost/non-boost and just sees CARBONS! I think you can get more like $2500-3000 depending on where you live. It will tank in value in a year or so. Plus your SJ has a lot of overlap with it.

The Lynskey won't draw the suckers... err, newbs... so not really worth the effort of selling, especially if you're emotionally attached.
    This.

The lynskey is classic and worth keeping. The pivot is dated and worth selling.

Yeah, definitely sell the pivot. It's not like the difference between stumpy and "lighter FS bike" is that big unless you do crazy epics with the pivot. Much bigger difference between classic HT and "freeride" HT.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The lynskey is classic and worth keeping. The pivot is dated and worth selling.
    It may be a classic, but good luck finding a fork for it when current one shits the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    It may be a classic, but good luck finding a fork for it when current one shits the bed.
    Throw a nice rigid Ti fork on there. Problem solved. And then the bike is even classic-er.

Yeah my fork is probably already on borrowed time! I do have a 1 1/8" carbon Niner QR fork for rigid. Not quite as classic as a Ti fork, but damn does make it light.

Pretty much sold on passing the Pivot on and keeping the Lynskey.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Throw a nice rigid Ti fork on there. Problem solved. And then the bike is even classic-er.
    Rigid titanium? Like a Jones?

Who else made them? I have an old White Bros carbon rigid on my old race bike. The Niner one was a really nice fork but kinda ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Rigid titanium? Like a Jones?

Who else made them? I have an old White Bros carbon rigid on my old race bike. The Niner one was a really nice fork but kinda ugly.
    Just a quick Google search shows a bunch of companies are making them. There's a few options that are suspension corrected and have options for a 15mm thru axle, but still have a straight 1.125" steerer.

Here's one that looks ok, although I kinda think ones with a welded crown look cooler. https://www.murucycles.com/ti-forks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynskey_RigidSS.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	637.9 KB 
ID:	373579
    While Ti fork would be good, actually think the Niner in white works pretty well. Have a white Fox RLC when this isn't on it. Not sure what Ti fork would really match with the twisted tubes (which is a huge gimick btw), but otherwise this frame is super light and rides nicely.

I’d forsure sell the pivot! Will fetch good dollar these days

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think you could get Lynskey to weld a modern headtube on it. Big ass ht and stretch out the bike

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

That Lynskey is dope and deserves a spot in the stable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynskey_RigidSS.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	637.9 KB 
ID:	373579
    While Ti fork would be good, actually think the Niner in white works pretty well. Have a white Fox RLC when this isn't on it. Not sure what Ti fork would really match with the twisted tubes (which is a huge gimick btw), but otherwise this frame is super light and rides nicely.
    You need some boone twist cranks on that thing.

Suppose the recommendation for super limited edition cranks from 20+ years ago does make sense in this thread. Used to run hand polished old XTR 960 that match the brushed frame look, but are challenging to source odd sized rings. Not a bad idea to check w/ Lynskey if they'd upgrade the HT as well.

In case you want to sell that Lynskey - what size is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I think you could get Lynskey to weld a modern headtube on it. Big ass ht and stretch out the bike

I think he shouldn't listen to you. This isn't a steel pipe BMX bike. Builders don't want to swap out new modern HT on old bikes. To do so you would have to cut out the top and down tubes. What would be the point of that with those twisted tubes? Also the expense. Yeah go ahead and ask Lynsky but I'm pretty certain I'm on track.

I think he shouldn't listen to you. This isn't a steel pipe BMX bike. Builders don't want to swap out new modern HT on old bikes. To do so you would have to cut out the top and down tubes. What would be the point of that with those twisted tubes? Also the expense. Yeah go ahead and ask Lynsky but I'm pretty certain I'm on track.
    Most of the time they get rewelded at the dropout to fix them. You can so its an option. You do you

Most of the time they get rewelded at the dropout to fix them. You can so its an option. You do you

Que? What does a headtube have to do with a dropout? Opposite sides of the frame.

Maybe you are trying to say that builders replace dropouts often? They do. Much easier to snip out and reweld a dropout than a headtube. In that case it wouldn't need much time in the jig to make sure alignment is good. Totally different tubing, prepping, and welding effort but I can see how it might appear to be similar.
    Last edited by simple; 05-06-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Haaa too funny. Condescending douche ya cant help but laugh

https://www.ticycles.com/payment/ser...nsion-titanium

$300 to increase stack height without cutting any of the original frame. $500 and up plus $100 refinishing for headtube replacement. I'm guessing additional charges for angle changes. Plus when you try to add that to your cart, that service is currently unavailable.

I wasn't being a douche but ok. A headtube extension is not even close to the same as swapping out to a new modern headtube and changing to a modern slack geometry. Keep trying or admit I'm right. Maybe your term "big ass headtube" doesn't make your point clear. Dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    $300 to increase stack height without cutting any of the original frame. $500 and up plus $100 refinishing for headtube replacement. I'm guessing additional charges for angle changes. Plus when you try to add that to your cart, that service is currently unavailable.
    That was the first thing that popped up on a search. It can be done. Those extensions would carry a lot of the load put on them.
    Also lynskey doesnt just go buy ti ritchey logic dropouts from qbp and whip together a frame. Their dropouts are custom fabbed. It might have a different blend to be less malable because its a dropout but idk. It most certainly needs to be aligned and deal with a lot of force put to the weld because its a small welding surface.
    I bet some ti builder even has a lugged headtube option that could slide on to the downtube and headtube. If thats the case itd be ez to modernize the bike with lonfer reach and slacker ha and justify the $, especially if the bike has sentimental value. I'd send an email to Chris Dekerf if Lynskey wont do it. Im pretty sure Dekerf does such things

I wasn't being a douche but ok. A headtube extension is not even close to the same as swapping out to a new modern headtube and changing to a modern slack geometry. Keep trying or admit I'm right. Maybe your term "big ass headtube" doesn't make your point clear. Dumbass
    You have no idea what youre talking about. Just trying to prove im wrong. Condescension doesnt cut it bud

Judging by your last post I think you are the one with limited knowledge on what a builder is willing to do. Keep guessing but it would help if you actually talked to a builder about the process. Stick go Legos BTW, that is more your speed.

Sick burn brah