Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    The SID ultimate with 35mm stanchions feel solid and have seen the blow up threads. we shall see how long it lasts. definitely a pike lite. The spur can easily double as a do it all bike short of park riding. It makes 3-4 hour rides soooo much better. Just took it through a local jump line with a couple of reasonably sized hits and it did awesome. Rock/chunk all day...there are better rides for that.

Quote Originally Posted by roverdoc View Post
    The SID ultimate with 35mm stanchions feel solid and have seen the blow up threads. we shall see how long it lasts. definitely a pike lite. The spur can easily double as a do it all bike short of park riding. It makes 3-4 hour rides soooo much better. Just took it through a local jump line with a couple of reasonably sized hits and it did awesome. Rock/chunk all day...there are better rides for that.
    I wonder if you could overfork it at 130mm and throw a burlier fork/shock on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I wonder if you could overfork it at 130mm and throw a burlier fork/shock on it.
    Read somewhere someone put a Pike on the front and I think it was on IG someone threw a piggy back for the rear. Not a whole lot of real world info on doing that though.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    The Tilt has me re-thinking my laser focus on a sub 27# bike and leaving me with a grand towards building that puppy up. Am I really a carbon snob now?

https://canfieldbikes.com/collection...-trail-am-29er
    Ya i bounce back and forth between "carbon isnt for me" and "28lbs!!" . It usually ends with it isnt for me

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I’d probably order that TILT today if that frame would fit a water bottle. I hate that is a requirement, but it is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Why not just get a Ripley at that point, aside from the fact that the Scout looks better?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Why not just get a Ripley at that point, aside from the fact that the Scout looks better?
    Or a TB4...or a Revel Rascal...or an SB130...or one of the 10s of other short travel “trail bikes” actually designed for that?

Why turn the Spur into something it isn’t?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

If the Ripley looked as good as a Spur or Ranger I’d get that dw link bike in a hot minute.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone been on a Banshee Prime v3?

Waiting 6+ months for a Ripmo AF has me looking at options....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Post in the eBikes thread.

Also, check your local trail systems for rules. USFS means you’re only going on moto legal trails. BLM you’re supposed to keep the motor below a certain class but if your bike more or less looks like a bike and not a motorcycle, you’ll be fine. State parks? Private trails?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Well, say goodbye to this thread...

Edit: nevermind, nothing to see here. Thanks Bobcat.
    Last edited by climberevan; 12-03-2020 at 04:33 PM.

I wish I could delete posts within one of my threads.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Bobcat - you should delete your post before the Canadian who shall not be named gets all spun up in here and ruins an otherwise worthwhile thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201120_085647.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	905.9 KB 
ID:	350992

Just got a week of St. George area riding in on this new to me, almost brand new 2020 Evil Calling. Interesting build, Formula Brakes, Enve M90 (their downhill rim, 25mm wide?) rims, I9 hubs, XT drivetrain, XTR cranks, Cane Creek Helm Air fork. Came with NN performance/no snakeskin tires so I rode it so as not to blow them up. Super fun bike on Gooseberry slow tech, built light enough to feel good on Jem cruising. Didn't get it onto much high speed chunk but that should be right up its alley.

Now they're just trolling people.....

https://gearjunkie.com/specialized-h...rce=gearjunkie
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutter View Post

Gotta get those 4 and under KOM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutter View Post

I fully expected the link in the article to Spec's site to be a Rickroll, but this appears to be a real thing. We have truly reached peak decadence.

Sent from my SM-P610 using TGR Forums mobile app

New Knolly Chili looks awesome, but no size S, which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Bobcat - you should delete your post before the Canadian who shall not be named gets all spun up in here and ruins an otherwise worthwhile thread.
    You scared bro. Butthurt still festering eh. By the way. I was right, y'all was wrong/

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I had the hots for the Spur but the delivery unknown was too much too wait on. Sold my 5010 for very good money two weeks ago and pulled the trigger on a YT Izzo Pro Race last night; delivery in January. $3000 out of pocket for a pretty sweet spec list. I'm psyched.

I sold my wife's Furtado for even crazier money in Oct and she's got a Ripley v4 GX with Ibis S28 Carbons due in June.

New SJ was very tempting, but I'm sure it's delivery will get crazy. A buddy just ordered an Epic Evo Comp and it's set for Feb 2022 delivery...

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I buddy just ordered an Epic Evo Comp and it's set for Feb 2022 delivery...
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Wait, what?
    No joke. He didn’t have to put money down right now, but he reserved one through the biggest Spec dealer here in the RFV and that’s the current estimated delivery date they gave him. Insane.

No joke. He didn’t have to put money down right now, but he reserved one through the biggest Spec dealer here in the RFV and that’s the current estimated delivery date they gave him. Insane.

That is pure madness... is price locked in or is he paying 2022 price?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Wait, what?
    My Rocky dealer told me that if I hadn’t of pulled the trigger on the Altitude immediately when he had one in October, the soonest he could get one for me was in August or September next year.
    And that wasn’t firm.
    Nutzo.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I had the hots for the Spur but the delivery unknown was too much too wait on.
    I'd been reading horror stories about delivery times for Spurs, and a lot of other bikes. But then I'd also read posts that "oh, my local shop has a spur in size __". So I started calling around to all the shops within a few hours that carry Transition. Got a call back a couple weeks later from one saying hey, we just got a medium in do you want to come in and check it out. It's not spoken for? No. OK, I'll be in tomorrow. I usually ride a small but the medium fits me well, so I came home with it the next day. Meanwhile everyone on MTBR who ordered within weeks of launch are still waiting on their bikes now scheduled for delivery in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb.... Not sure if its the same with other bike co's but Transition seems to favor fulfilling shop orders over direct orders by customers. So if you're looking for a Spur call around, and keep an eye on forums. These bikes seem to appear randomly at shops and aren't always spoken for. I've been having a blast on mine, such a fun and fast bike!