Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Plus, the "Gloss Clay" color the comp comes in is a perfect girl color, and the EVO frame is not insignificantly lighter.
    i am far from a perfect girl but this color is so good a rare dry-heat rainbow found it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9566.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	357142
    bumps are for poor people

That doesn’t look like Ogden...is it?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    i am far from a perfect girl but this color is so good a rare dry-heat rainbow found it.

Name:	IMG_9566.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	357142
    Sweet pic! That color swings both ways.

What size is that? Looks LOOOOONG

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That doesn’t look like Ogden...is it?
    It isn’t Ogden, but with this drought...

It’s an S5 and a sprightly feeing trail bike. I’m 6’3” and the sizing is great w/ 50mm bars.

I have a ‘21 Commencal meta tr 29 on order, im pretty exited about it. If anyone has ridden on i’d like to hear your thoughts, thanks-

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Its a medium. Tons of standover makes it look small but the reach is looong.
    Ya it'd be nice to try. Depends on your trails. Like i said, it great at speed or steep gnarly trails. Its a hanful in tight slower xc trails though. Its heavy too. I havent weighed it. I added a lb in rubber(1200g tires) and almost a lb for pedals so it could be 38lbs. With the ultra steep seat angle it winches up the steep logging roads. Slack head angle and long reach make it a task on singletrack climbs. Its not a trail bike. Squarely in the enduro/freeride/bikepark category. Its a lot of fun except for half of our xc trails. It does make you search for more speed.
    Im probably going to add a 65mm stroke coil shock to make it 166 and bump the fox 38 to 180 and add a vorsprung secus to it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatham View Post
    I have a ‘21 Commencal meta tr 29 on order, im pretty exited about it. If anyone has ridden on i’d like to hear your thoughts, thanks-

I posted this a couple weeks ago. Fun bike. Im going to put a coil on it w 65mm stroke for 166mm travel and put my 180 yari on it and the 38 on to my eeb

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I saw that, thanks grinch, mine has a coil of on it. I can’t wait to try it out!

Anybody ridden the latest Norco Optic?

Never mind, ordered a Revel Ranger
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 01-23-2021 at 07:52 AM.

They did it. Ripley AF. With Deore 12spd, Fox suspension, and Ibis wheels for $3,000. No SLX build for $4k, but I had fun with my last build.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Anybody ridden the latest Norco Optic?

Never mind, ordered a Revel Ranger
    I have. And its a whole bundle of fun. It is a rocket ship in the up and the down. Pretty much everyone at the Norco shop I hangout at is selling their 2020 Sights (such a pig of a bike) for the 2021 Optic. That said, they ordered a bunch of them and have only gotten one so far, so you were probably right going with the Ranger if you can actually get your hands on it.

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I have. And its a whole bundle of fun. It is a rocket ship in the up and the down. Pretty much everyone at the Norco shop I hangout at is selling their 2020 Sights (such a pig of a bike) for the 2021 Optic. That said, they ordered a bunch of them and have only gotten one so far, so you were probably right going with the Ranger if you can actually get your hands on it.
    Optic looks like a fun whip, Revel can ship the Frame/ fork in 1-2 weeks. Taking the sure thing this year, wasn't getting a good feeling about being able to get a Spur.
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 01-24-2021 at 09:44 PM.

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

LBS got me Kona hei hei ‘21, 5lbs 7oz with shock, got the frame now working on the build. Name:  IMG_3914.JPG
Views: 784
Size:  150.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3854.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	359291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	359292
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Keep us updated on build and rides. This is at the top of the list for me (along with the Spur). I REALLY want a Spur, but something tells me the Kona is betterer for tight, twisty east coast trails.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I have a 20 hei hei cr. It's a pretty good bike, awesome on the right trails, but not quite what I thought it would be as far as pedaling efficiency goes. Coming from a real xc bike, and road riding, I have a hard time getting over how slow and sluggish it feels in comparison. Like, yes, it's fast and light compared to most things, just not an XC race bike, which is what i was riding everywhere for years. I probably just need to accept that it's a heavier, squishier bike and adjust my expectation. Not thrilled with the guide R brakes or gx eagle either, but they fixed that for this year by going to XT. I'd probably be happier with the fancy version but my bike was literally the last hei hei kona had in any size or variety and the 2021s only started showing up like a month ago.

I'm still going to keep it, and maybe swap some parts and try a nicer, lighter set of wheels to see if that livens it up a bit. And if every ride didn't start with a ride across town on roads or an hour of bike path and smooth trail for 2000ft of climbing I'd probably have a little different opinion. When I go ride our rockier stuff or get out of town for a cool backcountry ride I love it.

This was on alpine 7 trail up in the swan, one of the best rides i've ever done, and the bike was perfect all day. In fact, we were all on similar bikes - this, two orbea oiz TRs, and an epic evo

Name:	IMG_20201004_140631683_HDR.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	520.6 KB 
ID:	359309

The trail up carlton ridge on lolo peak

Name:	IMG_20200828_155923449_HDR.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	720.1 KB 
ID:	359310

It's like a 5k foot climb that's like half dirt road, but then the trip down is singletrack all the way to the highway, and will beat the shit out of you on a hardtail. Hei hei is a bike you can ride up there and then have a blast coming back down (you can also shuttle this partially or not even go up to the ridge, the mill creek trail is good on it's own).
    Last edited by jamal; 01-24-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Keep us updated on build and rides. This is at the top of the list for me (along with the Spur). I REALLY want a Spur, but something tells me the Kona is betterer for tight, twisty east coast trails.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Will do. Current thoughts, fox 34 grip 2 130mm, derby 30mm carbon rims, white hubs, rekon 2.6 ft 2.4 rr.

I have a 2018 santa cruz highball, 100mm travel hardtail and 2016 intense tracer(27.5) set to 150mm ft 145mm rear. Hoping the hei hei fits well in the middle.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    For anyone wanting a Spur, call around to any shops within a distance you're willing to drive to. Transition seems to be filling shop orders before direct customer orders, so shops do get bikes in sometimes that aren't spoken for. I put out calls to some Socal shops and got a return call from one in OC saying we got a spur in, come check it out. I did, it fit, and I took it home : ) Same probably goes with other brands as well.

Loving the Spur so far but being a longer 29er it's definitely not as nimble as the Mojo3 I've been on. I'm having to re-learn how to ride tight switchbacks. I suspect I'd have to do the same with any other 29er.

Tight switchbacks is an area I didn't think the hei hei would be very good given how much longer and slacker it is, plus I'm on an XL. But it actually goes around everything just fine, even the corners I don't make 100% of the time on the old 71 deg hta hardtail. The biggest adjustment is getting it to change directions quickly when it's up to speed. Everything else i ride is, uh, twitchy.

We did Lolo as a shuttle with hardtails. It did in fact beat the shit outta me. The altitude's great when you're out of shape, too.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    Will do. Current thoughts, fox 34 grip 2 130mm, derby 30mm carbon rims, white hubs, rekon 2.6 ft 2.4 rr.

I have a 2018 santa cruz highball, 100mm travel hardtail and 2016 intense tracer(27.5) set to 150mm ft 145mm rear. Hoping the hei hei fits well in the middle.
    If you're looking for a full XT drivetrain, let me know... I'll have one for sale in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sweet pic! That color swings both ways.
    I'm smitten with mine.

Name:	IMG_20210117_072823 (3).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	359509
    Just 15km on it so far, feeling good!

Are you going to run the stock 36?
    I am debating a Zeb on mine when they become available.
    (But that might be ‘imbalanced’ with that DPX2).
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I’m considering an XL Hei Hei CR frame. Effective seat tube angle is somewhat arbitrary as different mfgers measure it differently, but from photos it does look as slack as the 75 degree in geo table suggests. Are you hei hei owners slamming your seat as far fwd as saddle rails allow? A bit odd that kona didnt modernize that aspect.

The Spur looks like a good option but I’m not a fan of the hit or miss pivot bearing quality on Transitions....