Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Be nice to have something like that for a townie/trail cruiser. Always have my eye on 1 or 2 but i just cant pull the trigger. Looking at an old fillet brazed mt tam ad now that ive saved for a year. Its not unrealistically priced but it is for me

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Filly Tams are/were bitchen, chain stay rollercams? A buddy had the triple fade pro caliber. All WTB/Suntour, it was the shit!

My buddy had the triple fade mt tam post powercams so it had xt u brake but still on the underside. Idealy id like a ritchey commando in this year. Itd be nice to have cantilevers on the seat stay. I guess i could disc mounts on it when i put the 1.5 ht.....

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2797886/

Swank rig and the head tube mod is a must from what I hear these days. Gone are the days of practice and learning to ride better.

I finally rode the new Enduro today, my sis got a S3. With my neighbor being one of the guys who helped engineer it, I should have gotten on it hyper early, but didn't till just now cuz covid. So good, I need one. F, I can't afford shit right now.

Rode it back to back with a 2019 stumpy ST in need of a minor tune, and the Enduro pedaled better. Enduro pedals better than my 2021 Fuse 27+. Made my 2020 Commencal Clash seem like a fridge and I'd say the Enduro pedals as well or slightly better than my Ripmo AF did.

Didn't do much downhill, but got the feels, and it's so burly yet so nimble. Definitely the sizing, but I suspect the S4 would feel nimble too. I want sooo bad

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I finally rode the new Enduro today, my sis got a S3. With my neighbor being one of the guys who helped engineer it, I should have gotten on it hyper early, but didn't till just now cuz covid. So good, I need one. F, I can't afford shit right now.

Rode it back to back with a 2019 stumpy ST in need of a minor tune, and the Enduro pedaled better. Enduro pedals better than my 2021 Fuse 27+. Made my 2020 Commencal Clash seem like a fridge and I'd say the Enduro pedals as well or slightly better than my Ripmo AF did.

Didn't do much downhill, but got the feels, and it's so burly yet so nimble. Definitely the sizing, but I suspect the S4 would feel nimble too. I want sooo bad
    Yeah, but how was the carbon weld?

I'd say the Enduro pedals as well or slightly better than my Ripmo AF did.
    Oh shit. Here we go again.

But the curves

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

What’d I miss, What’d I do wrong

What’d I miss, What’d I do wrong
    Last week it was established that the Ripmo is the greatest bike ever because of Dave Weagle and the Enduro is essentially unridable because of Horst Leitner.

And endorsing a Specialized on TGR is almost the same as endorsing a child molester
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I did not like my Ripmo AF that much. Had it for a month before selling. Felt too middle of the road for me, nothing felt inspiring. Got the Clash right after, and although a porker, it was way more fun on even mellow descents.

I love the Enduro, will be buying as soon as I can figure out how to afford

I use to avoid Specialized. For years I did. But I started realizing I love how all their bikes feel, personal preference.

I still don’t like some of the shit they do. Like my 2021 Fuse 27+ comes with a slightly worse frame, even at $1500. I didn’t even realize til after I brought it home. My fault, but still some cheapout bullshit. They made a separate frame for their slightly cheaper, but still burly, hardtail? At $1500, I want the better frame. Maybe I’m just used to Commencal having the same frame across price points, but this really ticked me off on buying another Specialized.

Until I tried the Enduro yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Last week it was established that the Ripmo is the greatest bike ever because of Dave Weagle and the Enduro is essentially unridable because of Horst Leitner.
    Roxtar and I are glad to see you saw the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

With a name like Leitner you'd think that system would rip up the hill at 8m/second

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    With a name like Leitner you'd think that system would rip up the hill at 8m/second

That comes from the Poma side of the family

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Only one ride so far, got a few things to sort out yet but shorts were stretched
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ranger.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	374989  

Damn, not much wrong with that Ranger. I've got a green one on the way (hopefully in the next two weeks) that I'm building up similarly, with a SID Ultimate up front and Nobl TR33 wheels.

The Revels are such nice looking bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Damn, not much wrong with that Ranger. I've got a green one on the way (hopefully in the next two weeks) that I'm building up similarly, with a SID Ultimate up front and Nobl TR33 wheels.
    They were sold out of the Ultimate when I ordered but adjusted the price for the select. Ended up at 27.5#, thought it would be lighter. I think tires are about the only place I could really shave weight and I have a Barzo/Mezcal set to try so maybe that'll get it under 27

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    The Revels are such nice looking bikes.
    Indeed they are....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not like my Ripmo AF that much. Had it for a month before selling. Felt too middle of the road for me, nothing felt inspiring. Got the Clash right after, and although a porker, it was way more fun on even mellow descents.

I love the Enduro, will be buying as soon as I can figure out how to afford

I use to avoid Specialized. For years I did. But I started realizing I love how all their bikes feel, personal preference.

I still don’t like some of the shit they do. Like my 2021 Fuse 27+ comes with a slightly worse frame, even at $1500. I didn’t even realize til after I brought it home. My fault, but still some cheapout bullshit. They made a separate frame for their slightly cheaper, but still burly, hardtail? At $1500, I want the better frame. Maybe I’m just used to Commencal having the same frame across price points, but this really ticked me off on buying another Specialized.

Until I tried the Enduro yesterday.
    Echoing this.
    Had a Ripmo, we disagreed on how to get down the hill. Broke a rim (Ibis crabon) warrantied and sold it for about the same cost.
    Purchased a used '19 Spesh Enduro as an "interim bike", and bought some new skis and my years pass with the difference in cost.

Still have the Enduro, and it still rips. Just threw a deposit down on the '22 EVO in cast battleship. She's purty.
    Their mid range products have a great price point, and the bikes ride fantastic.

My shorts are tight, and that's all that matters.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I didn’t think the Ripmo was that fast or that fun. It kinda skirted the line, and I don’t gel with that. I never timed it, but the feels.

Good bike, put together well and good price, just not for me.
    Last edited by AEV; 05-19-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1621435729.231393.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	375038

Finally have a few rides in with the Izzo Pro Race and shorts are still tight. Agility and pedal response is incredible; so happy to be back on a 29er.

Built up a new full-Revved Trail Pistol a few weeks ago, this is the perfect trail bike for my riding. I've already taken it on a 35-mile XC ride at Buffalo Creek, and hit some of the rowdiest stuff on the Front Range (no, I'm not talking about Heil Ranch)... it does it all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RevvedTP-1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	375149

Thread drift…the redesigned conti trail king 2.4 got decent reviews but I never tried it (maybe I was too scarred from the suckage of the previous version). Thoughts on it as a front tire for my hei hei CR? The protection version is 945 g per mfger.