Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I assume you mean my joke about DOT regs for Rec Site's trails?

Any idea to change the headtube on about 90% of the bikes ever build is still a stupid idea. ANY Lynsky isn't in that 10% where it's a good idea.
    Can't remember exactly but it was an out of the blue popularity pile on anti eeb comment. A lot of the whataboutism above is just a further reaction to people being wrong on the emtb discussion and then launching non factual attacks. I called them out on the basis of facts. Pretty ez when youre opinion isnt clouded by peer pressure

#factsmatter
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I'll take the pussy thanks. You can have the man. Anymore stupid questions or advice?

It's on you gnarbro. Call Dekerf or Lynsky and ask. I'm the one disagreeing with your bad advise for that twisted Ti frame.
    We've established they replace headtubes. If the headtube can be replaced an angle set can be installed. Lengthening the reach is another thing but it should be added to the conversation in case thats a further possibility. Not my frame so im not calling. Id rather watch you spin your wheels

#yourwelcome
    #rueventakingnotes
    #nobcausesimpleton

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Lengthening the reach is another thing but it should be added to the conversation in case thats a further possibility.
    Just gotta weld some shims in there. Dekerf could do it. Easy.

Distracting to avoid admitting the facts......again. please continue

Distracting to avoid admitting the facts......again. please continue

I never actually disagreed with you (or anyone else, for that matter).

I agree with you that it's entirely possible to weld on a new headtube to that frame. I agree with simple that the major guys aren't gonna take that job - it's complicated and not worth their time. And I agree with myself that regardless, it's not worth bothering on that Lynskey.

I do, however, find it entertaining to point out that your style of arguing on the internet is... counterproductive.

#counterproductive

I found a forum post on weight weenies that Seven quoted $1025 to replace the headtube for a 44mm sized one...back in 2010

Theres no convincing anyone so just bombard them with facts to further prove how "simple" they are. I could go find a bunch more ti repair guys that do it or have done it.
    If simpleton had of done a 1 minute goggle search my original comment would have just slid by . Id say my arguing style was in direct response to simpletons condescension. I my as well enjoy ramming that home

#imright

You keep talking about picking up the phone for quotes but you don't. Just do it already chicken shit.

Mosaic just told me $1500

Your turn

I haven't talked to James Bleakley in a while so maybe I'll ask him. Chris Sulfrain would probably do it for a few beers that taste better than Oskars. I could call Mike DeSalvo he likes to chat.

Maybe go back and read dimwit. No one ever said it can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Mosaic just told me $1500

Your turn

I haven't talked to James Bleakley in a while so maybe I'll ask him. Chris Sulfrain would probably do it for a few beers that taste better than Oskars. I could call Mike DeSalvo he likes to chat.

Maybe go back and read dimwit. No one ever said it can't be done.
    You go back and read simpleton. I only posted builders that had/have that service as part of their business. And i highly doubt it would cost 1500usd. Thats just ridiculous fot you to post. Get real. Unsurprising response at this point though

#youdoyou

And i highly doubt it would cost 1500usd. Thats just ridiculous fot you to post.

hahaha from the Dekerf link you shared.....S&S couplers in ti are $1500....a headtube is going to be equal or more work, certainly not less.

https://www.dekerf.com/frame-repairs-modifications/

So yes it's going to be $1500 or more.

In case my post gets lost in grinch's bullshit...

If this is a large frame, and that Lynskey is for sale, send me a PM. I still haven't replaced my old cracked SS 29er.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Wow go out for a ride w/ my son and come back to a shitstorm I created by casually saying I'd look into getting a new headtube (being more courteous than serious). Not gonna happen, whole reason for this line of questioning is feeling out what one of these (or pivot) is worth as I'm picking up a modern HT/SS. I'll likely keep the Lynskey (as is) or maybe sell it to my brother to ride it on pretty mellow XC trails he has nearby.

El Chupacabra it's a Medium ~610mm ETT I think.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    In case my post gets lost in grinch's bullshit...
    Please. The proper terminology is "fact bombardment."

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Please. The proper terminology is "fact bombardment."
    #factbombardment

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Wow go out for a ride w/ my son and come back to a shitstorm I created by casually saying I'd look into getting a new headtube (being more courteous than serious). Not gonna happen, whole reason for this line of questioning is feeling out what one of these (or pivot) is worth as I'm picking up a modern HT/SS. I'll likely keep the Lynskey (as is) or maybe sell it to my brother to ride it on pretty mellow XC trails he has nearby.

El Chupacabra it's a Medium ~610mm ETT I think.
    Dammit. Oh well.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    hahaha from the Dekerf link you shared.....S&S couplers in ti are $1500....a headtube is going to be equal or more work, certainly not less.

https://www.dekerf.com/frame-repairs-modifications/

So yes it's going to be $1500 or more.
    What? You dont just get one coupler and a $1500 bill. It'd be 2 or 3 couplers minimum and each is more work than cutting/mitering/welding a joint , and your quoting cad. Lynskey would probably do it cheaper if its something he built.Now we're looking at well under 1k usd genius. I say do it!

#hackswillhack
    #sniffthisbsbud

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    #factbombardment
    Read that as #fecalbombardment at first. And I think I like that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    yes that also works

I don't really want this...but it seemingly has every "Cool kid" buzz word incorporated:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/trinit...ride-bike.html

Steel - check
    High pivot - check
    Gearbox - check
    Freeride (which, I guess, is sorta like DH) - check
    Anything they missed?

I'm actually sorta surprised at the weight. I was expecting it to say: 22.8kg (to keep in line with PR-NSFW guidelines).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trinity.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	261.1 KB 
ID:	373766

(Note: Not actually for sale. Maybe in the 2023 thread?)
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Freeride is dead. Must be a mistake.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    yes that also works
    How sweet, you 2 just drop in to suck dick

I’m not normally someone who comments on fit and finish but there are some pretty hideous welds on that bike. That headtube gusset is basically tacked on.... There are plenty of ways to clean the oxide staining on the stainless. Maybe those stains are helping to hide how shitty those welds truly are?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I’m not normally someone who comments on fit and finish but there are some pretty hideous welds on that bike. That headtube gusset is basically tacked on.... There are plenty of ways to clean the oxide staining on the stainless. Maybe those stains are helping to hide how shitty those welds truly are?

If you read the article, it says this specific bike was built in order to hack it apart in order to test different specs, geo, angles, etc. Thats why it looks like #fecalbombardment.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    If you read the article, it says this specific bike was built in order to hack it apart in order to test different specs, geo, angles, etc. Thats why it looks like #fecalbombardment.
    So the head tube CAN be changed, easily and cheaply?

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

That bike looks 85% ready for darkfest... One of the few places I can think of it'd be great for... because freeride. But yeah, case a landing and that gusset becomes a projectile!
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.