Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 21/22 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

Finally started working on this build. Of note I’ve now RideWrapped 2 frames. The first one, a gloss Norco Sight, took me two hours. The second, this matte MegaTower, took me four. Could be due to my soap mixture or the the matte finish, undecided, but probably the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local shop has an optic in a large if anyone is anxious.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Are you going to run the stock 36?
    I am debating a Zeb on mine when they become available.
    (But that might be ‘imbalanced’ with that DPX2).
    That's the plan for now, I'm only 160lbs so don't feel the need for more than a 36 (yet). Planning on dropping in the grip2 damper at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I’m considering an XL Hei Hei CR frame. Effective seat tube angle is somewhat arbitrary as different mfgers measure it differently, but from photos it does look as slack as the 75 degree in geo table suggests. Are you hei hei owners slamming your seat as far fwd as saddle rails allow? A bit odd that kona didnt modernize that aspect.
    I do have my saddle fairly forward, but it seems ok to me. However, I haven't ridden one of the super steep sta bikes either.

And I'm not sure how they measure that angle either, I assume to a different height for each size and the actual seat tube is at a slightly different angle between them, and not just way, way slacker as the bike gets bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post

Finally started working on this build. Of note I’ve now RideWrapped 2 frames. The first one, a gloss Norco Sight, took me two hours. The second, this matte MegaTower, took me four. Could be due to my soap mixture or the the matte finish, undecided, but probably the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love mine, but will probably sell it. Not the bike I want for coming off of an ACL tear. Watch out once you hit 25mph, that thing becomes another animal that just eats trail.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I love mine, but will probably sell it. Not the bike I want for coming off of an ACL tear. Watch out once you hit 25mph, that thing becomes another animal that just eats trail.
    Seems like a bit of overkill for you with your local trails, no? Or do you already have a trail bike for all the main stuff you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Seems like a bit of overkill for you with your local trails, no? Or do you already have a trail bike for all the main stuff you ride?
    It turned most trails moot as far as chunk. Was a blast on the way down Red Hill in Carbondale. The plan was to ride a lot of bike park last year but the rotator cuff injury put a stop to that after my third day. It was also great for riding some trails less mentioned.
    A trail bike is adequate for just about everything here for most riding styles. I did realize that I don't need that much bike probably, as I can't handle the rehab time from the types of injuries that come from riding so pinned.

But no, this was my trail/bike park bike.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Anyone know the weight of the Optic C frame w/ shock? I think it has aluminum rear end.

Anyone know the weight of the Optic C frame w/ shock? I think it has aluminum rear end.
    Somewhere I saw 6.77 # for a MD, I have a spreadsheet going on most of the bikes that have been under consideration for the next project. Geo #'s, weights etc.

Thx, I was guessing 6.5 ish lbs. I’m generally not focused on weight but in this case the goal is a trail bike noticeably lighter than my 150/160 sled (30-32 lbs depending on which tires, coil vs air shock etc).

I’m still leaning toward a Hei Hei frame, XL, if I can find a frame only.

Thx, I was guessing 6.5 ish lbs. I’m generally not focused on weight but in this case the goal is a trail bike noticeably lighter than my 150/160 sled (30-32 lbs depending on which tires, coil vs air shock etc).

I’m still leaning toward a Hei Hei frame, XL, if I can find a frame only.
    Similar boat for me, goal is a trail bike noticeably lighter than my 150mm bike. I don't get into gram counting until they can be measured in lots of 100

Ordered an XL hei hei, hoping we have a hudge snowpack so I won’t be bummed at the late arrival. Got enough parts at home to build it...175 mm cranks should be fine right?

Propain really seems to be killing it. This looks like a great all day bike:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...e-capable.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propain.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	556.0 KB 
ID:	360923

I wish we had more access to these in Americaland!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

That thing looks awesome.

Can we just change this thread to "2021 bikes that you can actually get"?

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Can we just change this thread to "2021 bikes that you can actually get"?
    Let’s leave this one bc soon we’ll start “2022 Bikes That You Can’t Actually Get!”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Just got this on email. Website says 7-8 week lead time.

“GG is pumped to share that the Trail Pistol Renegade and Race builds are in stock and ready to go. Your calls for our "Singletrack Flyer" have been answered!

VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY - first-come, first served.”

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Kind of narrowed down my future bike.... Yeti Sb130 or Santa Cruz High Tower. SC is cheaper, more available but much less dentisty and cool. SC is sooooo 2015...

Can't find any (limited) new so will most likely lean on PB, Kijiji or here. Anyone have any real world experience on these bikes, differences? Found a couple of reviews but would like to hear the consensus of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Just got this on email. Website says 7-8 week lead time.

“GG is pumped to share that the Trail Pistol Renegade and Race builds are in stock and ready to go. Your calls for our "Singletrack Flyer" have been answered!

VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY - first-come, first served.”
    I'll have a very lightly used Trail Pistola (size 3) for sale soon too.... XT build with Rockshox Ultimate (Pike/Deluxe) suspension, Magura brakes, new Stan's Flow wheels, XT drivetrain. Just an FYI if anyone's looking.

I'll have a very lightly used Trail Pistola (size 3) for sale soon too.... XT build with Rockshox Ultimate (Pike/Deluxe) suspension, Magura brakes, new Stan's Flow wheels, XT drivetrain. Just an FYI if anyone's looking.
    I love mine - bought from Steve. Buy a bike from him if you’re at all interested. Very solid seller and great deal for me.

GLWS

Dang, just a few months too late for me. Tempting to sell my almost new Trance X but I probably shouldn't.

For smaller folks, there's a really nice looking Revved TP Size 2 on PB right now. I'm tempted to cancel the order for AC's EVO and buy it.

Just in case Smokkan finds his Druid wanting...

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...ught-2021.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forbidden.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	597.7 KB 
ID:	361072

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Kind of narrowed down my future bike.... Yeti Sb130 or Santa Cruz High Tower. SC is cheaper, more available but much less dentisty and cool. SC is sooooo 2015...

Can't find any (limited) new so will most likely lean on PB, Kijiji or here. Anyone have any real world experience on these bikes, differences? Found a couple of reviews but would like to hear the consensus of the group.
    You’re talking as if you’re going to have a choice in finding both of these bikes in your size, in reasonable condition, with reasonable kit that you are willing to pay for ... good luck with that! [emoji8]

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Hopefully we’ll see another of your great fleet distributions again this fall