Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I want your Yeti 575 to break so you have to buy a new bike.
    You and me both. It's the only way I get a new bike before she gets a job. Though the budget in that event would probably be more like a 6 year old bike (which would still be an upgrade).

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Being a Yeti, it's an absolute MIRACLE it hasn't already broken.

I did break the rear triangle many years ago, crash replacement charge.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

They made the 575 well. Too bad the suspension sucks and it is flexy noodle. Plus the old fox forx and the stock brakes are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ha, I guess I wasn't clear. I actually am trying to list all the brands, just as an exercise, and this seemed a good thread to do it. I am not demoing anything and am not bike shopping. Just daydreaming of the day when my wife gets a job and we have money.
    Rocky Mountain
    NS
    Orbea
    Lynskey
    Liv
    Juliana
    Terry
    Moots
    BMC
    Bianchi
    Ragley
    On One
    Cube
    Jamis
    Calfee
    Salsa
    Surly
    Haro
    Mongoose
    Raleigh
    Foes
    Felt
    Fuji

Or, you know... teh googlez will help you narrow it down:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ring_companies
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Rocky Mountain
    NS
    Orbea
    Lynskey
    Liv
    Juliana
    Terry
    Moots
    BMC
    Bianchi
    Ragley
    On One
    Cube
    Jamis
    Calfee
    Salsa
    Surly
    Haro
    Mongoose
    Raleigh
    Foes
    Felt
    Fuji

Or, you know... teh googlez will help you narrow it down:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ring_companies
    Updated my list. Some of those companies don't have FS bikes or even mountain bikes, but I included most of them. And your google like makes clear why I didn't go that route.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    They made the 575 well. Too bad the suspension sucks and it is flexy noodle. Plus the old fox forx and the stock brakes are garbage.
    I wouldn't know about the suspension sucking because it's all I know. I have XT brakes and those don't seem to be garbage? I did replace the Fox Float fork not long ago with a non-air fox fork.

It does. You might get sore balls riding it. You should get a new bike for safety reasons.

That's why my balls are sore???

I think that Propain looks awesome. but I just sold my 170 enduro. It pedaled well enough to use as a trail bike, but I'm not coming even close to using the bike to its full potential since my crash. Plus it was in its 3rd model year and will prob get an update soon, so I wanted to get rid of it while it was current model and I could still get my money back out of it.

Trying to decide what to get next. I thought about getting a gravel bike, but I have zero interest in riding on the road with cars, and I know I would just find it frustrating not being able to ride real single track if I wanted. Trying to decide between a hardtail or a 130-140 trail bike. Really want to dial it back and just work on skills and fitness and have fun rather than trying to be the fastest endurognarbro. A hardtail seems cool, and I'd like to keep the price down, but, I know my old man aches would appreciate the comfort of a FS. Highly doubt I'll be riding park next year, so really just want something for trails.

Kinda looking at the updated SC 5010, but since I don't work at a shop anymore, I'd rather be looking at DTC companies. I also usually ride 29, might try 27.5 for fun. Bird Aether has been suggested and gets good reviews, plus the price is great, but the reach is out of control long. Not sure about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Updated my list. Some of those companies don't have FS bikes or even mountain bikes, but I included most of them. And your google like makes clear why I didn't go that route.
    Privateer
    Grim Donut
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    I think that Propain looks awesome. but I just sold my 170 enduro. It pedaled well enough to use as a trail bike, but I'm not coming even close to using the bike to its full potential since my crash. Plus it was in its 3rd model year and will prob get an update soon, so I wanted to get rid of it while it was current model and I could still get my money back out of it.

Trying to decide what to get next. I thought about getting a gravel bike, but I have zero interest in riding on the road with cars, and I know I would just find it frustrating not being able to ride real single track if I wanted. Trying to decide between a hardtail or a 130-140 trail bike. Really want to dial it back and just work on skills and fitness and have fun rather than trying to be the fastest endurognarbro. A hardtail seems cool, and I'd like to keep the price down, but, I know my old man aches would appreciate the comfort of a FS. Highly doubt I'll be riding park next year, so really just want something for trails.

Kinda looking at the updated SC 5010, but since I don't work at a shop anymore, I'd rather be looking at DTC companies. I also usually ride 29, might try 27.5 for fun. Bird Aether has been suggested and gets good reviews, plus the price is great, but the reach is out of control long. Not sure about that one.

29"...but YT Izzo can be had for around that price.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Get my new Altitude on Tuesday...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My kid's Absolut 24 arrives today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62511077668__BC3FF924-2121-46BE-A2EC-00F68955264E.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	344511

Picked up my new Trance X 29 today! Can't wait for an after work ride tomorrow. Its gonna be a long day.

Nice! That looks like fun machine. Good luck getting anything done at work other than daydreaming.

She's mostly done, just waiting on a 38.

^^ yowza

that's a lotta travel for not that many #'s

nice

yeah, that's pretty much like riding a ebike. what an asshole

I think whatever is going to ship before April 2021 is pretty hot.

That is sharp. Hard to go wrong with black and chrome and sub 30lbs. Whats that frame bag? That'd fit nice on my meta i think

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

It’s a Blackburn.
    Almost like it was custom. It fit perfectly on my ‘18 altitude, didn’t fit on the ‘20 Instinct, but fits again on the ‘21 Altitude...
    The best thing about the weight is now I can still add a 38, Cushcore, and a DD and be under 30 pounds...

The 38 is a bit piggish. You might bust that 30lb goal

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oh, darn

(Is it really a pound heavier than the 36? )

Would not be surprised, but can’t confirm. I held a 38 in one hand and a Zeb in the other and the 38 was noticeably heavier.
    Dope build though. That thing is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It’s a Blackburn.
    Almost like it was custom. It fit perfectly on my ‘18 altitude, didn’t fit on the ‘20 Instinct, but fits again on the ‘21 Altitude...
    The best thing about the weight is now I can still add a 38, Cushcore, and a DD and be under 30 pounds...
    Damn, looks like the medium won't fit and if there is a small it might not either. Top tube bag looks like a good option. Nice to put the battery for my stronger light there. Ez on/off

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I think whatever is going to ship before April 2021 is pretty hot.
    Anybody that can keep their April 2021 ship date will be a rock star.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025