Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Will definitely let you know... although we don't have anything in Colorado that's nearly as dry and loose as Nevada!

I'm hoping the Highlander is a slightly more rowdy version of the Druid. I really liked that bike once I got it dialed, and I have high expectations for this one because of it.
    The Druid is also up there on my shorts tightening bikes. For the XC trails at my hometown network, it would probably be about the ultimate, but I suspect that the Highlander would give my hack self a bit more margin of error on the bigger stuff.

I'll look forward to the Highlander report! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    The weird thing to me (and maybe it's availability) is that they slimmed it down, but you can't option a SID or "XC" wheels.
    Quoting myself bc: I looked at GG TP this a.m. and the SID is now an option. Still no "XC wheels."
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quoting myself bc: I looked at GG TP this a.m. and the SID is now an option. Still no "XC wheels."
    They do have slim pickings for some of the components... but just order the build without wheels. Or order it with something basic and flip them later. That's what I'm doing, I bought the new TP with the Stan's Arch wheelset, but I have NOBL wheels for it.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    They do have slim pickings for some of the components... but just order the build without wheels. Or order it with something basic and flip them later. That's what I'm doing, I bought the new TP with the Stan's Arch wheelset, but I have NOBL wheels for it.
    Yeah...the only group is Box9

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Yeah...the only group is Box9

You can get a frame only with SID fork & shock, no other parts. Then put on whatever you have on hand / are able to find.

Don’t know where to put this so here it goes.... does someone here have a megatower? Thoughts on it? Anyone wanna sell one in large? Haha

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

Somewhat intrigued by the upcoming Mullet spec’d/optimized ‘22 SC Bronson.... rumor is in the 150ish mm range and a June ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Don’t know where to put this so here it goes.... does someone here have a megatower? Thoughts on it? Anyone wanna sell one in large? Haha
    I do.
    It’s a full on enduro sled. It’ll go up, but it comes alive on steep things and at like 30 mph.

What do you want to know about it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I do.
    It’s a full on enduro sled. It’ll go up, but it comes alive on steep things and at like 30 mph.

What do you want to know about it?

Kinda just this.... is the climbing terrible? Now I know, it’s a big bike and I need to accept some poor climbing.

I have a gen 1 Bronson so can I expect a lot worse uphill performance?

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Somewhat intrigued by the upcoming Mullet spec’d/optimized ‘22 SC Bronson.... rumor is in the 150ish mm range and a June ETA.
    This intrigues me greatly...

Kinda just this.... is the climbing terrible? Now I know, it’s a big bike and I need to accept some poor climbing.

I have a gen 1 Bronson so can I expect a lot worse uphill performance?

Gen 1 Bronson and a wandering eye club! *high five*

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    shot taken at my scrap yard . my son runs street art jams and has some pretty sick stuff , thought it was good background for the new build , check out
    https://www.instagram.com/spraydaysofficial/?hl=en
    https://www.instagram.com/thejunkyardjam/

sorry for thread drift but some very cool stuff done. for the love of it down our way
    Cool! I only got a glimpse before Zuck makes me create an account, but that pretty rad stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Gen 1 Bronson and a wandering eye club! *high five*
    Haha! Highhhhh five!

Talk about a terrible time to suddenly want a new bike. The Bronson isn’t terrible by any stretch but the lure of modern geo and a better fitting bike is hard to ignore.

If I went something 27.5 I could swap my enve’s which would be nice but I’m kinda leaning towards a 29” brawler!

Haha! Highhhhh five!

Talk about a terrible time to suddenly want a new bike. The Bronson isn’t terrible by any stretch but the lure of modern geo and a better fitting bike is hard to ignore.

If I went something 27.5 I could swap my enve’s which would be nice but I’m kinda leaning towards a 29” brawler!

Count me in the 1st gen Bronson with a wandering eye club. Built it 2014 and it’s been a blast. Been thinking of an upgrade for a couple of years and did some demos last fall. Thought after demoing the switchblade and ripmo that I would be disappointed getting back on the Bronson. That wasn’t the case, I found I liked the bike more after the demos. Still ordered a ripmo but if I have to start the season on the Bronson I’ll have plenty of fun.

I actually still like my Bronson a lot too. I have a -1 angle set and a DVO Topaz on it (which I tend to run in the trail compression ratio) and I feels pretty well set. I expected to want a bigger bike after I moved West, but a lot of my most ridden home trails are actually reasonably tight and technical in places and the Bronson as set up hits a pretty good balance.

I would like a little bit steeper seat tube angle so as not to need to be so sexually open minded in order to maintain traction in places,
    a shorter seat tube (though I could fit a slightly longer dropper on my current bike), a smidge slacker HTA and 29 front wheel in order to be a bit more confident on chunky rock rolls (and maybe 29 all around for general smoothing), and a slightly updated suspension design so I wouldn't be tempted to run my compression in medium most of the time.

Still, all those are pretty incremental improvements and I'm happy to wait until the demos start coming through my local trails again before jumping unless something happens to pop up.

I’m also in the “maxed out B1” club, running -2 angleset in mine, and my local suspension guy used to be a factory tech for SRAM/RS so I went Monarch RC3 over Topaz T3.

Kind of hard to justify dropping $7-8k for a new whip with comparable build, just to get a few mm shorter CS, lower BB, steeper ST, 20mm longer reach, minor tweak to suspension curve ... especially when I don’t believe in boostinating my current wheelset. My wife and I had agreed to go with a mullet Zapbike for the next one ... but given the parts shortages and the fact that my HVAC is about to die, we are waiting this one out for another year or two ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I feel we should start a gen 1 Bronson club.... lotta representation in here.

I agree with all of that tho. My bike is really well spec’d ( X01 eagle, enve with 240’s, soon magura MT7’s) but all of that can be swapped to a new frame if need be. The fact I can’t demo anything really hurts me and I don’t wanna drop a ton of cash on a bike I’ve never even put a leg over.

I had a line on a mega tower but he sold it. Also an SB150 and again, sold.

Hot news from RideGG today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guerilla Gravity
    The Guerrilla Gravity Geo-Adjust Headset enables fine-tuning for your ride and future-proofs your setup. This platform also enables quantum leaps to your riding.

The GGrim Baguette -10° headset cups

For Yoann, peak speed is where it's at, and based on his testing, nothing is faster in the gnar than this particular configuration.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8751.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	370219

Name:	IMG_8752.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	370220

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post

Name:	IMG_8751.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	370219

Name:	IMG_8752.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	370220
    Left in the oven too long?

Ya, the tube shapes are not my cup of tea.

“Fra gee lay... must be Italian!”

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I'm not in the market for a 145mm travel bike, but if this were 120ish I'd be putting the Ripley on the market....

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/first-lo...ast-cinto.html

Attachment 369097

Sent from my SM-P610 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Price aside - that bike looks dialed. Seems like the bike between the Sentinel and Spur that Transition hasn’t made yet. The sizing gap is a bit large, though.

I could never run an inverted fork without serious stanchion guards, judging by the scars on pretty much every fork I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I could never run an inverted fork without serious stanchion guards, judging by the scars on pretty much every fork I've ever owned.
    I should have said: that frame looks dialed