Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1452
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Youve never gone for a little gap to clear some roots then try it on a rainy day and come up short? Oh wait, nevermind

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Would you two just fuck already? Jeez.

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

Youve never gone for a little gap to clear some roots then try it on a rainy day and come up short? Oh wait, nevermind
    Yes, but haven’t blown a bead due to luck and the fact it’s not 1990 and tires are much better. But more importantly probably 80% of riders never have, and never will, thus, they don’t need inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Inserts and electric motors.
    We’re all catching on…

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Would you two just fuck already? Jeez.
    Nah; not my type… too old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    You'll probably be okay. At least your bike is right side up.
    I'm replacing a Pivot 5.5 which is has been great, but wanted something a little more pedally as the kids say these days.
    So far it's everything I hoped for even the part about being dentist spensive.

jummo

Corner store junkies giving advice

This bike makes my shorts tighter with every ride. From XC 30 milers in the Cascades to 5k shuttle runs it’s been all I was hoping for

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1100.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	238.9 KB 
ID:	377305

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Yes, but haven’t blown a bead due to luck and the fact it’s not 1990 and tires are much better. But more importantly probably 80% of riders never have, and never will, thus, they don’t need inserts.

We’re all catching on…

Nah; not my type… too old.

So explain 90% of ews and wc dh riders using inserts. If i was racing id have exo+,dd weight tires and dh casing tires with huck, tannus and cush core and mix and match as course suits them. A fresh dh casing tire can be pretty good on the front for a few days but they loose support before the tread wears and can use some protection then. In that case a dd weight tire with a tannus weighs the same as a dh casing tire and youll be less likely to flat with that dd with the tannus. Its not rocket surgery or maybe it is for some?

Dude, are you trying to be obtuse? You keep mentioning ews and wc… we are talking about the bulk of riders who are going down a trail on two wheels. They are not racing, they could care less about descent times. Most are not climbing or descending greater than 500’ per ride ride, the bulk of which is mellow flow.

The reality is, people who routinely smash 2-5k in a average ride are in the minority. Where you live in Revy likely has a small sample size of a higher caliber of rider. Heck, I’d go so far as to say possibly most are in the top 5% - 10% of MTB riders. Again, places like Bham and Squamish are similar…

Whatever, not sure why I am wasting my breath on this… alas I guess it’s something to do while I wrap up tonight’s tasty fizzy bevy.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Dude, are you trying to be obtuse? You keep mentioning ews and wc… we are talking about the bulk of riders who are going down a trail on two wheels. They are not racing, they could care less about descent times. Most are not climbing or descending greater than 500’ per ride ride, the bulk of which is mellow flow.

The reality is, people who routinely smash 2-5k in a average ride are in the minority. Where you live in Revy likely has a small sample size of a higher caliber of rider. Heck, I’d go so far as to say possibly most are in the top 5% - 10% of MTB riders. Again, places like Bham and Squamish are similar…

Whatever, not sure why I am wasting my breath on this… alas I guess it’s something to do while I wrap up tonight’s tasty fizzy bevy.

Those slower riders would benefit from lower psi in their tires. You know what product helps support tires with lower psi?

Those slower riders would benefit from lower psi in their tires. You know what product helps support tires with lower psi?

You’re trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist for the bulk of riders.

Drop PSI to 23-25 run an EXO+ casing. This will work for 99% of all riders who aren’t: fat or on a DH sled.

If inserts were free and didn’t pose a significant weight penalty… fuck it add em to every bike. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case.

Grinch, if what works for pro's worked for spode's, they'd all be faster with hard-ass gearing and suspension so firm it hardly sagged when you sit on it. Neither of which is the case so why does somebody who hits rock gardens at 3mph and takes every chicken line on the trail, need all that tire support?

Because , like my self, when you encounter steeper trails the non wc pro will favor more braking traction. Lower psi gives more braking traction and the insert will protect the tire and rim with lower psi. Similar case for a wc dher on a wc dh course. Theyll run a 2.4 for precision looking for precious seconds everywhere , where i will go with a slightly wider tire for more braking bias over the precision. Im not talking about a massive tire or adding cement weight to your wheel with inserts. Im talking about the right set up. Maybe the newbs want to run 30 psi and walk down the steeps. Im just saying theres a better option. An exo+ weight tire with a huck norris is hardly a heavy weight tire set up(1100g/less than a tube in an exo+). Maybe the less experienced could ride everything with that set up. In most cases theyd have a better ride with a bit less psi. Why is this so hard to understand?

JFC who the fuck cares. There’s tons of gapers riding the Buttercup lift on $1200 ski setups or riding their brakes on carbon bikes with Kashima-coated forks and droppers on green trails. Stop being such bitchy little shits about other peoples preferences and ride your fucking bikes.

Gonna have to side with grinch on this one. You absolutely don’t have to be shredding to appreciate tire inserts. Who won’t appreciate better grip, more sidewall support, vibration deadening, and rim strike protection? No they’re not strictly necessary, but they’re pretty fucking great.

Just bought 2 more tannus liners from a canmore bud that doesnt get it either. Told him thdy were great and dont weigh much if he might want to keep them. He couldnt be bothered to install them. 2 inserts plus 2 red aluminium valves for 120cad. Half the weight of the cush core liner i was going to install. Perfect for my lighter set up. Canmore bud isnt as fun to taunt as skideft
    In other news im finding the vittoria a little more substantial for hits but not quite as smooth riding as the tannus. Both good though. Ill put the cush core in the next front dh casing/wheel i mount a tire on with the vittoria on the back. Put Tannus in the 11-1200g trail/enduro tires

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Just when I thought that brand couldn't go any lower.

Reminds me of idiocracy.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I had cushcore and I hated it. Made the bike feel way more sluggish everywhere, less pop/playful, more tiring to pedal, and completely dulled the sensation of the trail surface. And yes, I could run lower psi, but it also meant that I had more rolling resistance so I was just way slower everywhere.

I could see it in a dedicated park or DH bike where 100% of the riding was steep, fast and chunky and you had to do little to no pedalling, and you just pointed off big drops in to rock gardens. Or racing.

Sorry, I know, jong question: why all the Intense hate? Seems like a lot of bike for the price.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Marketing / Branding fail….

But price, spec, geo wise - it’s not that bad….

Smart way to get some more rev out of the molds before they get binned…

Why is it that when companies use area codes for their branding; is it always area codes of real shitholes……

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

With the lack of availability and Costco's generous return policy this might be the most viable bike rental out there for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Marketing / Branding fail….

But price, spec, geo wise - it’s not that bad….

Smart way to get some more rev out of the molds before they get binned…

Why is it that when companies use area codes for their branding; is it always area codes of real shitholes……

Yeah I mean it's an NX level bike with Rhythm suspension, so not impressive by any means, but it seems like a solid buy for $3k. Comparing it to a $6-7k Revel or any other premier level build is a little unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Yeah I mean it's an NX level bike with Rhythm suspension, so not impressive by any means, but it seems like a solid buy for $3k. Comparing it to a $6-7k Revel or any other premier level build is a little unfair.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/intense-...s.html?trk=rss

This says it's the Primer frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I had cushcore and I hated it. Made the bike feel way more sluggish everywhere, less pop/playful, more tiring to pedal, and completely dulled the sensation of the trail surface. And yes, I could run lower psi, but it also meant that I had more rolling resistance so I was just way slower everywhere.

I could see it in a dedicated park or DH bike where 100% of the riding was steep, fast and chunky and you had to do little to no pedalling, and you just pointed off big drops in to rock gardens. Or racing.
    I'm with you.

Aside from the weight, I don't like the reduced air volume in the tire - makes the tire feel pingy to me. I'm much happier just running heavier casing tires with no inserts. With a DH casing, I can get pressures as low as I want them without flatting very often, and the flats I do get tend to be slices, which inserts don't really help with.

Agreed though. If I had a dedicated park bike or if I was doing DH / Enduro races where I cared about the results, I'd probably have inserts just for the added flat protection. But that would be in addition to the the heavier casing tires.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm with you.

Aside from the weight, I don't like the reduced air volume in the tire - makes the tire feel pingy to me. I'm much happier just running heavier casing tires with no inserts. With a DH casing, I can get pressures as low as I want them without flatting very often, and the flats I do get tend to be slices, which inserts don't really help with.

Agreed though. If I had a dedicated park bike or if I was doing DH / Enduro races where I cared about the results, I'd probably have inserts just for the added flat protection. But that would be in addition to the the heavier casing tires.
    Cushcore reminds me of riding a 192 Legend Pro Rider. Sure, it can ride fast through steep shit snow, but if you're not in "big terrain" and going fast, the fun isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Sure, it can ride fast through steep shit snow, but if you're not in "big terrain" and going fast, the fun isn't there.
    Same can be said for a lot of modern "enduro" bikes as well