Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

I wonder if they will sell link/mount/stay kits to swap between the Altitude and Instinct?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

That is indeed the plan.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That new RM bike looks sexy... but their pricing is insane. There's so much wrong with it, even taking into consideration the current CoVid supply chain fuckery.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    That new RM bike looks sexy... but their pricing is insane. There's so much wrong with it, even taking into consideration the current CoVid supply chain fuckery.
    I thought the same.... top of the line is 14k canadian... who is buying that bike? Even the entry is ultra expensive when compared to other brands, really turned me off. Nice looking bike tho but I think they missed on the price

I think I might have some Instincts to build on Thursday, I'll report back with some photos.

Really wanted a RM, but the 1k premium for same/lower spec parts is a turnoff. Local dealer is RM, Spec, and Giant. Was looking hard at Altitude or the Downcountry Element, Stumpy ST, and Trance 29. Ended up on the Sworks Stumpy ST when they were blowing them out this time last year.

At some point I think the progressive super slack geo gets to be overkill for the riding we do here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I thought the same.... top of the line is 14k canadian... who is buying that bike?
    I guess the same Canucks rolling $20k on their XC bike?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2990377

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

Also need to add taxes to that.... sweet Jesus

Does Nino come with the bike for that price?

I could use some tips on xc riding... plus some help around the house never hurts.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

No but it comes with a (presumably carbon) bottle cage, so it's a real fuckin' bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Does Nino come with the bike for that price?

I could use some tips on xc riding... plus some help around the house never hurts.
    I think you just rub the bike and the Genie Nino pops out. A real bargain, actually

GG shedding a little over half a pound going full carbon. Starting with the Trail Pistol, but gotta figure it’ll apply to all models soon enough.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

However, frame is still ~3100 grams without the shock.
    I would get one if it were more expensive and 600-700 grams lighter than that...
    [\ENDWEENIECHAT]
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, frame is still ~3100 grams without the shock.
    I would get one if it were more expensive and 600-700 grams lighter than that...
    [\ENDWEENIECHAT]
    Weights on the site aren't updated... 6 lbs without the shock for a Size 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Weights on the site aren't updated... 6 lbs without the shock for a Size 2 now.
    Let's keep things scientific. 2720. grams, or 2.72 kg. See what I did there, just moved the decimal place ⬅️⬅️⬅️.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    GG shedding a little over half a pound going full carbon. Starting with the Trail Pistol, but gotta figure it’ll apply to all models soon enough.
    The weird thing to me (and maybe it's availability) is that they slimmed it down, but you can't option a SID or "XC" wheels.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    The weird thing to me (and maybe it's availability) is that they slimmed it down, but you can't option a SID or "XC" wheels.
    Not available maybe?

Not sure if this should go in the supply thread or this one, but it looks like the YT Jeffsy is back in stock. Not sure for how long. They changed up the builds and pricing a bit. I feel like the builds are bit less of a value compared to last year. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I thought the Pro build was under $4k and came with DT 1700 wheels and RS or RSC brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

A few years ago when I was looking at the yeti 5.5 the shop bro told me the price is going up next year due to extra duties/ exchange/ yada so the prices he was quoting were sounding a couple of K higher so i feel lucky he let me buy it for only 5500 $

It kind of depends on clientele I know of a guy who just buys a 15 or 20 K bike and puts it in a room full of 20K bikes doesnt even ride it, but another guy buys a 20K pinerello and rides it in horrendous snow/ road salt road gravel conditions

obviously these guys make a lot of money and really 20K for a the best example of a toy you can buy is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things compared to boats or planes
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    obviously these guys make a lot of money and really 20K for a the best example of a toy you can buy is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things compared to boats or planes
    Dentists... amIright!?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Not sure if this should go in the supply thread or this one, but it looks like the YT Jeffsy is back in stock. Not sure for how long. They changed up the builds and pricing a bit. I feel like the builds are bit less of a value compared to last year. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I thought the Pro build was under $4k and came with DT 1700 wheels and RS or RSC brakes.
    But once everyone else hikes their prices 10% like SC did...it will seem like a value once again!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yeah, we've got a few of those guys around here. Just a few.

I’m sweating buying a $4000 gravel bike. Meanwhile everyone around me in town buys a $20,000 snowmobile or side by side every year. I’m doing something wrong.

I really like the paint job on that $20,000 Scott bike though...

i'm talking beyond dentist ,

I was hanging out at the shop a year ago 4pm on a shittty lazy saturday waiting to close, someone named BoB
    leaves a filthy sand encrusted 20K+ pinerello, 3 mechanics including the manager jump on this abused bike they take everything apart and make it perfect, Bob has it back before closing

i comment that Bob sure abuses his bike and that is a terrible way to treat such a thoroughbred bike bike and BTW what does bob do? they are like yeah Bob owns a lot of things, he spends alot of $$$$$, every year and he uses the gear
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Bikes are weird - when you compare them to say a boat or a sled habit - cheap.

But they more closely resemble a dirt bike and wtf?

Crf250r is 4gs less than that rocky and within reach of what I just dropped on an ibis.