Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Ya its a special Ed but the new status looks amazing. Id buy that over the higher end enduro. Great price and geo looks super fun. Im all about the mullet though #billyraybikes

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I'd be all about that new RAAW, but a short travel 35 lb bike just doesn't quite arouse my attention.

The Banshee Prime I just built up is pretty close geo to that RAAW. Just lighter, cheaper, pedals better, and actually available.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

Cue: Transition Spur.

EDIT to add: "can I actually get it" should be on the list.
    Word. I would do bad things to get my hands on that bike (not really but still). Not even pre-order able... Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'd be all about that new RAAW, but a short travel 35 lb bike just doesn't quite arouse my attention.
    There's no way I'd buy a 35 lb short-travel bike that doesn't have a motor.

Those raaw bikes are sweet. Too bad they don't seem to be selling to north america, I'd buy the hell out of one. 34lbs ain't shit!!!

Those bikes are haawt. I’ll be here all week. Do t forget to tip your waitress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm in the market for a "downcountry" bike and the Epic Evo, Scalpel SE, Ryve 115, and SB115 all have my attention, price and build kit on the Scalpel SE1 is pretty solid I just worry about the offset wheel should I ever need to borrow a wheel.

And I guess picking one is going to come down to "which one is available," there's allegedly a Scalpel nearby so maybe I should just check it out.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

How much offset? TBH if you have to borrow a wheel for a few days, you’re likely not going to notice the difference as long as the tire doesn’t rub on the frame.

I’d also put the Revel Ranger on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    How much offset? TBH if you have to borrow a wheel for a few days, you’re likely not going to notice the difference as long as the tire doesn’t rub on the frame.

I’d also put the Revel Ranger on your list.
    6mm. Maybe not a big deal. I looked at the Ranger but it appeared to be firmly in the “can’t get it” category.

I’ve got a large xo1 kit Ranger in stock and more sizes/kits should be showing up towards the end of April.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I’ve got a large xo1 kit Ranger in stock and more sizes/kits should be showing up towards the end of April.
    I was hoping to not spend $7k+ but wew that’s a nice build kit. I’ve been leaning SLX/maybe XT level. Would be a good excuse to visit though.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    I was hoping to not spend $7k+ but wew that’s a nice build kit. I’ve been leaning SLX/maybe XT level. Would be a good excuse to visit though.
    My LBS ordered a De La Coal MD Ranger frame for me and got it in less than a week, the green one was going to be May/June. I chose the sure thing

I guess I'm in the market for a "downcountry" bike and the Epic Evo, Scalpel SE, Ryve 115, and SB115 all have my attention, price and build kit on the Scalpel SE1 is pretty solid I just worry about the offset wheel should I ever need to borrow a wheel.

And I guess picking one is going to come down to "which one is available," there's allegedly a Scalpel nearby so maybe I should just check it out.
    I have an Epic Evo and it's a terrific bike if you truly want a capable XC bike. However, I'm been grumpy in the MTBR thread because they seem to think it's the panacea for a light trail bike and I do not believe that that is the case.

If you are looking for riser bars, DHF's, and something a bit lighter to get to the top of the descent, then you're looking for the Yeti, Revel, etc.
    If you're looking for an XC Bike that doesn't scare the crap out of you on rough(er) terrain then the EVO is legit good.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I have an Epic Evo and it's a terrific bike if you truly want a capable XC bike. However, I'm been grumpy in the MTBR thread because they seem to think it's the panacea for a light trail bike and I do not believe that that is the case.

If you are looking for riser bars, DHF's, and something a bit lighter to get to the top of the descent, then you're looking for the Yeti, Revel, etc.
    If you're looking for an XC Bike that doesn't scare the crap out of you on rough(er) terrain then the EVO is legit good.
    I want a bike I can race a few times a year but that isn’t a full blown race bike. I love the DHF and might even put one up front but will run race tires for race days. I mostly just do XC type rides, buff creek more than anything else really.

I want a bike I can race a few times a year but that isn’t a full blown race bike. I love the DHF and might even put one up front but will run race tires for race days. I mostly just do XC type rides, buff creek more than anything else really.
    It's on the trail-end of "downcountry," but for $5300, the Izzo Pro Race is available now in a large and will get you sub-27lbs with 130mm, rear lockout and great all around capability. Lighter than any SB115, in the range of the Ryve 115, Epic Evo Comp or Spur for the wallet hit.

My lady just made a major upgrade from her 2014 Trek Remedy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210222_173715.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	364432
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Word. I would do bad things to get my hands on that bike (not really but still). Not even pre-order able... Le sigh.
    Where do you ride mostly? I love the Spur but I just wonder if it’s undergunned for a lot of the main PNW trails.

Very interested in one of these, but the price (even at cost) is nutso, and it is Stupor-Boost, So I would need new wheels. I could get a complete Kona Hei Hei for about the same price as the Pivot frame, and sell all of the parts.
    hmmn, I wonder which can deliver first, I bet EP purchases are almost non-existent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E3DD3CD-D08E-4248-B8C0-F2E9CFE8A310.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	777.0 KB 
ID:	364453
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Very interested in one of these, but the price (even at cost) is nutso, and it is Stupor-Boost, So I would need new wheels. I could get a complete Kona Hei Hei for about the same price as the Pivot frame, and sell all of the parts.
    hmmn, I wonder which can deliver first, I bet EP purchases are almost non-existent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E3DD3CD-D08E-4248-B8C0-F2E9CFE8A310.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	777.0 KB 
ID:	364453
    Other than possible availability, I don’t see anything compelling about this bike. There are literally dozens of bikes that do the same thing, weigh the same or less, have equal or better geo., and almost all cost a whole bunch less. Guess they’re not “live valve equipped”...thats gotta be worth $.89.

Pivots are good bikes and I’m sure they will sell thousands. That doesn’t make me wrong.🤷🏻♂️

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I guess it was inevitable Pivot would announce a new Trail 429 today since I confirmed my Switchblade order yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    I guess it was inevitable Pivot would announce a new Trail 429 today since I confirmed my Switchblade order yesterday.
    If it rides as nice as they say, I'd rather have the SB anyways.

(Note: I'm no Pivot-hater. One of my all time favorite bikes is the FB29...that bike is super fun AND you can ride it all day.)
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I don't understand Pivot and Yeti pricing. It's like you're paying an extra $1000 just for the brand....

We got shut down on every EP we tried this year. There is just no supply.

I was very pleased after seeing the Spot Ryve in person. It's very pretty, with nice details and a great spec for the price. The will give you a decent discount basically just for asking, and will swap some parts and delete wheels (with a reasonable credit). We chose to change the dropper length and skip the wheels as Ms climber will be getting some Chinese carbon ones anyway.

The Ryve is prob too XC for all of you tire destroyers, but the Mayhem might be worth a look.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

2021 Bikes That Make Your Shorts Tighter.

The old 429 looked and felt heavy and dated to me. Shaving close to a pound and modernizing geo definitely makes it more interesting. I really liked fit and ride of the SB but second guessing because realistically its more bike than I need for alot of my riding. By the time you go “enduro” build with dpx2 and 36 on the new 429 it becomes a heavy 120mm bike again and pretty close to SB anyway.

Yeah theres a ton of great bikes out there, but getting hands on the one that resonates with you is the hard part this year.

Not a good time to try and buy a new bike. Even worse time to try and buy a used one.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Where do you ride mostly? I love the Spur but I just wonder if it’s undergunned for a lot of the main PNW trails.
    So I already have a patrol for when I want to play endur-bro. It fits the bill to a T, very pleased. But the riding I really want to get into is the back 40, 20 to 30 mile days on flowy single track with more climbing. Hence the short travel 29er.