Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    I pull over on the climbs almost all the time because im not an xc hammerhead. Blind corners climbing i take care duh. No one wants a collision. Same reason motoX riders avoid collisions. It hurts

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

IME people don't know whom has right of way, don't know if i am riding an E-bike

I see climbers pull over all the time so I will yell out climber has right of way

this isn't Nam there are rules
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    IME people don't know whom has right of way, don't know if i am riding an E-bike

I see climbers pull over all the time so I will yell out climber has right of way

this isn't Nam there are rules
    I thought you didn’t know that climbers have the row? Like you just said that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I didn't know up hill had the right of way, like i said it has never come up, lots people around here appear to not know or care either, its just not that busy and besides we don't all hate each other

I know the builder so when he stopped for me we had a conversation where he mentioned up hill rider has the right of way then I was aware and so I adopted the rule

I have only been aware of the ROW since last season

i don't think you can base the ROW on if someone is riding an E-bike cuz lotsa people don't know its an E-bike they just think they are outa shape compared to that other rider
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And your reaction is totally normal?
    As normal as the hate for ebikes, which I think is as weird as if people hated tan sidewalls and thought those only belonged on certain trails. I've never even ridden one and barely know anyone who does. But I could care less if they do, on any trail.

Steve Winter of MSP:

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    As normal as the hate for ebikes, which I think is as weird as if people hated tan sidewalls and thought those only belonged on certain trails. I've never even ridden one and barely know anyone who does. But I could care less if they do, on any trail.

Steve Winter of MSP:
    Yeah, tan vs black sidewalls, totally the same as a bicycle vs moped. Are you a salesman?

Ugh. I don't think the biggest douchebag in the ski industry is a good spokesman for anything but I guess no one cares about him anymore anyways.

Personal grudges aside, I do know of people buying ebikes after getting severe fatigue from COVID, people who were very fit beforehand. I think it's a great option and with my irregular heartbeat going haywire this week (I got COVID wednesday) i may be next in line with a shit condition. (I'm probably gonna be fine fingers crossed). Still...ebikes were not created to help the handicapped it's just to make money without caring about trail conflicts. Unless yer in Canada, damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Funny thing is, I don't hate E-bikes or e-bikers, don't even dislike them.

I do have issues with people who put my ability to access trails at risk and that is a LARGE part of the problem. If E-bikers want access to all bike trails then they need to do the lifting to make it happen, not just plead stupidity. Where I live we have enough problems maintaining access to the trails that remain open to biking without additional conflict from a new user group that IS motorized.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Funny thing is, I don't hate E-bikes or e-bikers, don't even dislike them.

I do have issues with people who put my ability to access trails at risk and that is a LARGE part of the problem. If E-bikers want access to all bike trails then they need to do the lifting to make it happen, not just plead stupidity. Where I live we have enough problems maintaining access to the trails that remain open to biking without additional conflict from a new user group that IS motorized.
    Stop making sense, this is much to reasonable and thoughtful

Yeah silly me. It looks like the rain is about to stop for a few days so I will be less grumpy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

In a lot of cases they have "put in the work". In their former life on an anal og bike or just doing more trail maintenance with their emtb. Chances are , in their former life, they flaunted the rules because the rules were unjust. Lots of people wont admit it but rogue trails opened things up. It doesnt happen as much now but it still happens. If a "new" trail is good enough or popular enough it may become legal without the " gov process". I think that applies to atleast some of the emtb traffic. If , formerly anal og rider, and now moped rider conducts himself with the same care on the trail as they did previously there shouldnt be an issue. Of course there are newbs out there and newbs are always going to newb but most were there at some point. And of course there are a holes but theyve invaded dvery demographic not just moped riders. Maybe your the a hole casting a broad paint stroke on all moped riders. Bit anal og dontcha think

Is this an opportunity to hate on tan sidewalls? Those things are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    In a lot of cases they have "put in the work". In their former life on an anal og bike or just doing more trail maintenance with their emtb. Chances are , in their former life, they flaunted the rules because the rules were unjust. Lots of people wont admit it but rogue trails opened things up. It doesnt happen as much now but it still happens. If a "new" trail is good enough or popular enough it may become legal without the " gov process". I think that applies to atleast some of the emtb traffic. If , formerly anal og rider, and now moped rider conducts himself with the same care on the trail as they did previously there shouldnt be an issue. Of course there are newbs out there and newbs are always going to newb but most were there at some point. And of course there are a holes but theyve invaded dvery demographic not just moped riders. Maybe your the a hole casting a broad paint stroke on all moped riders. Bit anal og dontcha think

Quoting because of the general reasonableness of it. It's almost like someone has realized that making a cogent argument will have a better impact than just flinging poo. Keep it up (maybe even skip the silly name-calling for even more credibility)!

As I said above, I don't like the poaching, and I'm worried about access problems that motorized vehicles (and especially re-designating trails as motorized to accommodate them) will bring. However, on an individual basis I don't call out moped riders who conform to longstanding etiquette. The whole thing could have been done in a sensible way, but the industry rushed mopeds to the market without laying any groundwork that would gain them acceptance. Throw in a healthy population of scofflaws and the backlash was entirely predictable. Unfortunately at this point there's likely to be a lot of pain and access setbacks before a new status quo is reached.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Really, I find that to be a bunch of gibberish. Anyone care to translate?

I have nothing against e-bikes. At some point in the future I expect I’ll even own one. I do however resent e-bikes poaching non-motorized trails. In Montana we’ve struggled to get the federal land management agencies to recognize mountain biking as a valid use in areas managed for non-motorized recreation. The ever increasing use of non-motorized trails by people riding e-bikes threatens our hard won access to these areas. If the e-bike crowd wants to lobby the USFS and BLM for access to these areas, have at it. Until then, they should respect the existing management allocations and ride where they’re allowed.

Montana is a particularly bade case of user group elitism by hikers and equestrians.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Pfft. Needs moar shockz. Only 3?

Quote Originally Posted by vago View Post
    I have nothing against e-bikes. At some point in the future I expect I’ll even own one. I do however resent e-bikes poaching non-motorized trails. In Montana we’ve struggled to get the federal land management agencies to recognize mountain biking as a valid use in areas managed for non-motorized recreation. The ever increasing use of non-motorized trails by people riding e-bikes threatens our hard won access to these areas. If the e-bike crowd wants to lobby the USFS and BLM for access to these areas, have at it. Until then, they should respect the existing management allocations and ride where they’re allowed.
    Which areas in Montana did you have to hard win to get mountain bike access?
    My Montana has an East Infection

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    Which areas in Montana did you have to hard win to get mountain bike access?
    No shit, at best we are fighting a holding action and losing less access than in the past. 6 years of working on a compromise Travel Plan and the Wilder-Nazis are still pissed off because they didn't get everything they want which is more Wilderness. They got a bunch and its still not enough.

https://wildmontana.org/2022/01/28/i...n-forest-plan/

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...c3df18563.html

But this is another topic. Meanwhile Mopeds.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 06-07-2022 at 09:56 PM.

"Because mechanical means permits far greater mileage of travel in a day, bike riders can displace sensitive wildlife over more terrain than a hiker. "

Wonder what these wilderness guys think of ebikes and their range. When conflicts like this come up, should they be banned as dirt bikers or banned as mountain bikes? Probably as dirt bikes IMO but wilderness guys are thinking, you know what, how do you tell if they are ebikes anyways so let's ban all the mountain bikers because they are all going to have this extended range soon enough and I can't tell the difference and I don't want any bikers anyways!

https://www.thewildlifenews.com/2022...allatin-range/

I just feel bad for the high alpine MT bikers.

Why I dislike e-bikes

Transition just released a new e-bike model. The Repeater is 160mm 29er that’s been in the lineup, Relay is also a 29/Mx long travel bike with a lighter engine that’s new.

Lots of hate online about them building all these new carbon eebs while customers have been waiting up to a year for Spurs. I’d be pissed too.
    Last edited by Falcon3; 06-15-2022 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Transition just released a new e-bike model. The Repeater is 160mm 29er that’s been in the lineup, Relay is also a 29/Mx long travel bike with a lighter engine that’s new.

Lots of hate online about them building all these new carbon eebs while customers have been waiting up to a year for Spurs. I’d be pissed too.
    The wait on Spurs has nothing to do with ebikes and everything to do with SRAM being > 1 year out on SID forks and shocks.

My man. I thought I was crusty, but of course surfers are leading the charge.

https://beachgrit.com/2022/09/fury-o...anent-removal/

Saw a good one a few weeks ago...A middle aged lady riding her ebike through rush hour traffic. Doing about 20 in a 25, riding in the middle of the lane, blocking 1 of 2 lanes of traffic with a line of cars a couple of blocks long behind her all the way through downtown.
    What irked me the most is when she caught finally caught up to everyone who passed her at a red light (squeezing along the curb at this point) she just cut through a parking lot to the street with the green light, and swung a right back onto the road in front of everyone she just held up through town.

There's ample side streets and even a bike trail a block away.