Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Admittedly this was the first analogy that popped into my mind when I was passed by a group of two e-bikers on what is a local popular hiking climb...and what is to stop the hikers from doing the same:
    Because hikers are going to use battery powered human exoskeletons. They're going to clearly be motorized, but they're going to go through great lengths to say familiar things like "its a hydraulic power pump, not a motor" and "If I don't move my legs, no power is transferred" and "you'll be doing this when you're older", "the impact of feet is less than wheels," and "you can't take my hiking trails from me". These devices are already being used for military, industry, and medical. It's only a few years before Chevro-legs Hiking Suit is available for recreational use.

Added to cart. Pedaling my moped with exoskeleton engaged i will be climbing everything. Unstoppable! #sarahcorner

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Get off my lawn!

Pretty much sums up this thread

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Well, if the lawn is signed "No E-bikes", yeah, pretty much.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I poach them all

It's not really poaching if you're allowed to ride ebikes there. Isn't all your local stuff class 1 legal?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's not really poaching if you're allowed to ride ebikes there. Isn't all your local stuff class 1 legal?
    It is. He's just trolling for reactions

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    It is. He's just trolling for reactions
    Is there anything in Canada these days where analog bikes are allowed, but class 1 isn't? Lift served bike parks maybe?

Covid park closure poaches. Zero people. Rainy mid week poaches rarely, not like the old days. Bs closures on the old rogue burl trails. Busheack in and bushwack out to limit exposure. I avoid where groups would be regardless. Any good trail sucks when its busy. For the most part the good trails are mtb trails, aside from alpine hiking trails

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Is there anything in Canada these days where analog bikes are allowed, but class 1 isn't? Lift served bike parks maybe?
    Very few. Off hand I can think of the alpine loops on the Sproat Flank side of Whistler (beginners on ebikes getting bulk of SAR rescues iirc). Maybe there's more but can't recall.

"Analog bike" is a dumb term. A bicycle is a 2 wheeled human powered pedal vehicle. USFS makes it very clear in their newest memo. Add a motor and you get a moped.

We were all doing a good job of ignoring the mosquito buzzing around this thread, so let's not ruin it by swatting all around like crazy people because it's now bragging about breaking the law.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Note to self. Antique bikes shall be analog going forward. Emphasis on anal^^

I have seen this photo IRL around here (where the entire trail and road network is closed to motorized use), and it was admittedly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Riding one of our techier single track trails today (Razor's Edge) made me come to the conclusion that some trails still deserve a certain "barrier to entry". Not every mtb trail needs to be made inclusive to everyone and that's what eMTBs have changed.

This particular trail has always been very physical, both on the traverse in and on the downs which is what makes it special. No doubt there has been increased traffic in the last couple seasons with COVID, but now that I see how many e-wankers are accessing the trail and knowing a few of them who will do multiple laps in a single ride, I'm seeing the damage being caused on the grunty ups and how quickly the trail has widened. 10 years of very little change and now the last two have changed it drastically.

Now if you're accessing DH areas on more purpose built wider climbing trails and roads, then I'm totally fine if you're using that eBike to get up there.

Admittedly this was the first analogy that popped into my mind when I was passed by a group of two e-bikers on what is a local popular hiking climb...and what is to stop the hikers from doing the same:

Might need some tissues

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Very few. Off hand I can think of the alpine loops on the Sproat Flank side of Whistler (beginners on ebikes getting bulk of SAR rescues iirc). Maybe there's more but can't recall.
    at the time safety was a partial consideration, however it's a lot more than that and the project came close to being axed but for some commitments to those that were opposed to bikes being allow up there at all. Grizzly recovery and human interactions, along with the source water protection plan for the watershed also contributed.

I like the term "Acoustic Bike"

Why can’t it just be bike and moped? Let’s be honest

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anal OG bike

was riding up a multi use trail on Saturday on a steep enough grade that I’m spinning my dinner plate and hear something coming up behind. I pull over and proceed to get passed by an ebike going like 10mph.

Props to the guy for using his bike on the properly designated trail, but it was really eye opening to see how fast these things are in boost mode. No way I’d ever expect to encounter someone climbing that fast while descending.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Anal OG bike