Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    In a lot of cases they have "put in the work". In their former life on an anal og bike or just doing more trail maintenance with their emtb. Chances are , in their former life, they flaunted the rules because the rules were unjust. Lots of people wont admit it but rogue trails opened things up. It doesnt happen as much now but it still happens. If a "new" trail is good enough or popular enough it may become legal without the " gov process". I think that applies to atleast some of the emtb traffic. If , formerly anal og rider, and now moped rider conducts himself with the same care on the trail as they did previously there shouldnt be an issue. Of course there are newbs out there and newbs are always going to newb but most were there at some point. And of course there are a holes but theyve invaded dvery demographic not just moped riders. Maybe your the a hole casting a broad paint stroke on all moped riders. Bit anal og dontcha think

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think 20 yrs ago the guys in BC gov didnt do the sport/ didnt care/ its not my job/ so it was easy to just look the otherway also back then it was pretty new, pretty small potatoes & too much work to police

now days its on the govy radar BIG time, they got guys whose job it is to know and they tend to be into ski/ bike so you can't really do anything without the one of those guys knowing and so now you could get in big poo for building something illegal in the BC in BC

same guys now have a budget of money to build the trails cuz mtn biking is good tourism,

or early fire season i seen a doz fire crew hacking out a new trail,

or the local trail builder has a mini hoe

And the stuff they build is way better than the old shit so why get your hands dirty when you can pay someone else to do it properly ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ok, so I did a ridiculously, stupidly fun ebike ride today at the West Hartford Res. 3,666 feet of climbing, lots of it ledgy, chunky, some basically impossible on regular bikes. The verdict? So, so, so fun. Made trails that usually kind of bore me into a whole other thing, sessioning technical uphills and bursts of power up little walls. Couple times with my heart absolutely exploding out of my chest, at (probably) 160-170 bpms. Rode almost 4 hours and almost ran out of juice. Quite a bit on eco. (it was a full size, full power Levo comp. ).
    Definitely made me realize how disappointed I would be with one of the lighter styles, I wanted to ride longer. (But I was whooped from upper body wrangling).
    More experimentation is in order. I can definitely go faster (and bunny hop higher) on the Analog bike, and I prefer the flickability of the lighter bikes.
    I still don’t feel they belong everywhere, as it is just so easy to ‘accidentally’ be a bit of a dick if you aren’t being totally slow and courteous around other people. (You get used to the faster speeds). Easy to manage personally, but hard as a large group of riders.

I still don’t feel they belong everywhere, as it is just so easy to ‘accidentally’ be a bit of a dick if you aren’t being totally slow and courteous around other people. (You get used to the faster speeds). Easy to manage personally, but harder to do for a large group of riders with different maturity levels.

FTR, I saw two other mountain bikers in 32 miles, so no panties were bunched. (Legal trails)
    Last edited by rideit; 11-26-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

you realize this thread is for the anti E-bike luddites to complain and there is another e-bike thread ?

yup they are fun but i think the E-bike needs social license wherever you wana ride them

I pretty much only ride in boost, railing berms uphill, I usually end up at about 100-110 bpm which is the fat burning zone

Go big or go home, I think buying the full-on E-bike was the right choice

wrestling 50+ lbs of bike is an upper body workout

I sometimes ride with another e-bike rider but mostly the E-bikes just too fast on the up to ride with acoustic bikers
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-27-2022 at 02:08 PM.

3"666" vertical feet!?!? Thats not a bike! Thats the devils violin. Youre going to hell! Hell i say!!!

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

3666' at the Res? Thankfully you also said 32 miles cuz that sounded like bs. Probably meant riding over 333 chainring chewed fallen logs as well.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B004ACC7-65E1-4965-ADBF-02F24B140A1E.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	360.6 KB 
ID:	435557

The logs were fun as shit to practice on. It’s just so easy to loft the front wheel with a little crank revolution, but the ‘lunge’ over the taller logs took a lot of strength and energy to nail.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Can I get 65 miles out of an E bike?

probably, depending on how much you weigh, type of terrain, riding in eco/ trail/ boost, size of battery, do you have an extra battery to swap ?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B004ACC7-65E1-4965-ADBF-02F24B140A1E.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	360.6 KB 
ID:	435557

The logs were fun as shit to practice on. It’s just so easy to loft the front wheel with a little crank revolution, but the ‘lunge’ over the taller logs took a lot of strength and energy to nail.
    Nice, looks like you got well north of the Res.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Can I get 65 miles out of an E bike?
    Depends on how big your battery is and what kind of terrain you're riding, but I doubt it. Big battery + flat terrain + low speeds + eco mode = possibly.

The new yamaha pwx seems to sip the battery least, followed closely by the brose and then closely again by bosch. Giant has the yamahs with an 800w battery option. You'd get close to 65miles on a regular mtb ride in the mid power setting. I think their bikes have a 250w extender as well

personaly I like a to wrassle a big fucking E-bike with lots of suspension up and down some tight trails in boost for a few hrs and then go drink some beer

the last thing I wana do is wonder if I got enough juice to go 65 miles

IMO get yerself maybe an acoustic gravel bike

That sounds a bit mean to me. Many people find e-bikes very helpful, mainly used on bike lanes (at least, I see them there). I think my life would be harder without such a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SarKatush View Post
    That sounds a bit mean to me. Many people find e-bikes very helpful, mainly used on bike lanes (at least, I see them there). I think my life would be harder without such a bike.
    Who are you really? Benny?

Edited for fatfingered spelling
    Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 12-20-2022 at 10:38 AM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    personaly I like a to wrassle a big fucking E-bike with lots of suspension up and down some tight trails in boost for a few hrs and then go drink some beer

the last thing I wana do is wonder if I got enough juice to go 65 miles

IMO get yerself maybe an acoustic gravel bike
    Thinking about white rim for family that does not have the fitness to do it in a day. I could just get a jeep, but the experience wouldn’t be the same. But if they ran short, it would make a fun day into a logistical hassle of me having to ride out and drive back in to pick up them and their bikes. Thus the question.
    Last edited by Canada1; 12-20-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Nice. There was a guy at our Burning Man camp this year who bragged about his huge moped ride around the Playa. 20 miles!

I replied that I'd once ridden my motorcycle 250 miles in a single day. It was pretty taxing.

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Maybe just ride normal bikes and camp a night or two?
    WRIAD with folks who would need to ride e-bikes sounds like a terrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Nice. There was a guy at our Burning Man camp this year who bragged about his huge moped ride around the Playa. 20 miles!

I replied that I'd once ridden my motorcycle 250 miles in a single day. It was pretty taxing.]
    LOL. That reminds me of a great bit by Brian Regan about Me Monsters:

I train for the E-bike season by riding the ski lifts

What was that guys name who combined ebikes and back country skiing?
    watch out for snakes

I think Lou Dawson used an E-bike to get up to the start of skin track

.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1667935468200.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	439632

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I train for the E-bike season by riding the ski lifts
    I use the FATe, to exercise the dogs, so that I can ride ski lifts all day.

The nine month old Red Devil, would destroy my house, if I didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even tho SC claims 49lbs my Bullit with CC frame is 52lbs on my scale so an FS E-bike is heavy enough

That looks like an FS FAT FS e-bike which has to be > heavy enough
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-24-2022 at 11:25 AM.