Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Awful news. Condolences to all who loved him.

I knew him from biking more than skiing. We worked together with Dave Hunger for a couple of summers. His riding style echoes what you guys are saying about his skiing style, very quiet and graceful.
    He will be missed.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

RIP to an OG and all around good guy.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Ugghhh, total bummer. Condolences to all that are touched.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Sad news. Sounds like a great guy. RIP SIJ. Love to his family and community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I wanted to update you guys that it looks like they got a little more info on how the accident occurred and apparently the woman fell asleep while driving, veered onto the shoulder and he happened to be riding there. what. the. fuck.

My mind goes first to her potentially being on drugs, but it was 8am- could've been someone coming off a late shift.
    I guess it's still under investigation so hopefully we'll learn more. not sure how it makes it different, but in a weird way I am relieved it wasn't someone on their iphone.

Be careful bike friends- although you could be the most careful rider in the world and it wouldn't have prevented this.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I wanted to update you guys that it looks like they got a little more info on how the accident occurred and apparently the woman fell asleep while driving, veered onto the shoulder and he happened to be riding there. what. the. fuck.

My mind goes first to her potentially being on drugs, but it was 8am- could've been someone coming off a late shift.
    I guess it's still under investigation so hopefully we'll learn more. not sure how it makes it different, but in a weird way I am relieved it wasn't someone on their iphone.

Be careful bike friends- although you could be the most careful rider in the world and it wouldn't have prevented this.
    So many things I want to say right now that aren't appropriate for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    So many things I want to say right now that aren't appropriate for this thread.
    I felt the same way. so much I want to talk about and I had to delete a couple sentences before posting bc I felt we should keep it more to the info and thoughts about Stephen here
    but I am pretty much enraged
    skid luxury

I typed & then deleted a post too

RIP stephen

Thanks for the update, bb. Been thinking a lot about this. SIJ's resort posts with his family were huge motivation to get my kids out on the slopes and spend all day on the hill without spending a ton of money. That's what's standing out right now, but little things keep popping up in my mind. Like I said, I never met the guy, but like a lot of you folks, he's been a part of my e-life for a long time and it really sucks that he's gone.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

^^^ He for sure brought positive vibes and stoke to the board

I never met him or interacted with him on the forums, but it sounds like we're all the poorer for his absence. I've done a lot of touring and often thought about doing a cross-country tour myself, so this hits close to home. Condolences to his family and friends.

My sister was nearly killed riding CC in Kansas, so this hits close to home. Vibes again to his family and those close to him, can't imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    that is awful, that doesn't sound strong enough but I don't know how else to put it. awful