Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: HURRICANE 2020

Is Goshen upstate?

Talked to my daughter in Crooklyn and she reports like always, the anticipated apocalypse isn't living up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yes.

Storm carnage kinda sux Benny, I know you know that. Back off
    Oh, sure. I lived in Bedford for six years, kinda semi country back road, and stopped counting at 35 days down with no power. And my water was electric well pumped. It sucked. But, that's the price you pay for shade, and the shade is awesome for road rides. Now I live in a complex right next to Starbucks strip mall land, so, I'm first back on if it ever does go down.

Always blew my mind how fast the people of Vermont fixed that Hurricaine damage to have a ski season. And, well, get the kids to school

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Is Goshen upstate?

Talked to my daughter in Crooklyn and she reports like always, the anticipated apocalypse isn't living up to the hype.
    Debatable

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Raining like a sonofabitch in north Jersey. Flash flood warnings. Nice afternoon to drink beer on the porch and watch it come down.

^Yeah you north Jersey people are getting dumped on. That line from PA through NJ is incredible. I'm seeing 10-12" in a few places with 5+ the norm. I'm only at 1.5 but it's raining hard and going up fast. It looks like the storm is gonna stall and turn NNE not far north of me. Depending on how slow it turn and pulls out could put me near your 5+ totals pretty easily. My poor soaked and soggy garden

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Is Goshen upstate?

Yes

Hype as in wind? It was never supposed to be over 30mph there but they've gotten outrageous amounts of rain and flooding like they rarely see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Debatable
    Grrr

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^Yeah you north Jersey people are getting dumped on. That line from PA through NJ is incredible. I'm seeing 10-12" in a few places with 5+ the norm. I'm only at 1.5 but it's raining hard and going up fast.
    Yeah…I’m in that line…dumping here along Rt. 84 in Pike County. This is the 24 hour rain version of the 24 hour snow dump we got this past winter…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1629678774.121445.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	383205

10-12” of rain? Is everything flooding like crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    10-12” of rain? Is everything flooding like crazy?
    We won’t see that here….it’s slowed down now. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow though too. I bet 2-3 totals…at least here in NEPA/along the Delaware River.

Yeah there's some pretty seriously flooded areas but you'd think it would be much worse than it is. I guess we'll see more when the sun comes up. That center of circulation passed over or slightly N of me and now it's near Port Jervis and it looks like it's meandering slightly south. Weird shit.

Well, the storm finally gave the beat down to that inverted trough as it spun down and made the turn so the steadiest and heaviest rain should be ending in NJ soon. It sent the eastern side up the east side of the river and soaked us over here again. I got another half inch so far this morning. That puts me near 5" since Friday. If any of us get any wind in the next few weeks trees are gonna start flopping over.

I didn't realize that Henri started NW of Bermuda 10 days ago, dropped SSE to the middle of the Atlantic, turned due west like it could have smacked the GA/SC border then shot north before making the left into its final destination. It ran to within 200 miles of where it formed before making the left. Since landfall it wobbled WNW and then, this morning, made the turn black to the east and will probably exit through RI or just south of Boston. Talk about getting some frequent flyer miles for all the destinations this thing hit.

Yeah the remnants are supposed to come back through here from the west later on today. It just went through here in the other direction yesterday, kinda wacky.

I just took a quick peruse through the live USGS stream gauge data for the NY, NJ, PA, CT area and only found a few gauges that poked into the "moderate flood" rating. Amazing that it wasn't worse with the way this storm loitered around.

https://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?id=ww_current

Loop-de-loop
    https://www.wunderground.com/wunderm...ellite=1&hur=1
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah the remnants are supposed to come back through here from the west later on today. It just went through here in the other direction yesterday, kinda wacky.
    And that's when the trees fall.

Saturated earth, 180 on wind direction.
    I still call it The Jake.

It doesn't look like there is much wind remaining with this storm.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=41.58;-73.77;7&l=wind-10m
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

0-60 in four seconds.

Ida looks like a real bitch. 16 years to the day it comes back to New Orleans. Looks like a CAT 4 at landfall based on the models.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Ida looks like a real bitch. 16 years to the day it comes back to New Orleans. Looks like a CAT 4 at landfall based on the models.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Possible FUBAR.