For Sale: Evil Following MB, Large

Selling my Evil Following MB Size Large GX build 2018

In Great Condition, Never crashed, Everything looks and works like new. Still on first set of brake pads - but near retirement / replacement.

Same goes for the rear tire. Tread still good but the sidewalls show some sealant dampness in spots and some small pinholes - but still holds air just fine.

Brakes were replaced with RSC Guides to upgrade the seal problems Sram was having with the original Guide brakes back in 2018.

Pike w Charger Damper - still runs great but probably nearing the 50 hour service interval

Reverb Dropper

Original Evil Grips

No pedals

prefer in person sale in Jackson, $3,000 or Best Offer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Evil Following.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	335758  

Love my Following MB. Respectable climbing and great descending. Super stiff, very poppy and just "fun". GLWS!

Came her to say I love my OG following. What a killer trail bike!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First set of brake pads???? What, you don't like to ride your bike?

Still on my Following V1 bought some years ago and still lovin' it.

Looking at actually building up a Following V3, Offering or RIP9 RDO as a replacement for my beloved V1.

I'm still stuck on how he never crashed

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I'm still stuck on how he never crashed
    With a seatpost that long, you can see crashes coming from a mile away

HA! You post a bike for sale and a whole comedy team shows up on your door :-)

FWIW - I grew up riding in the North East. I bought this bike to ride in WY. Compared to the rocks and stumps I grew up riding back East, the riding around here is far less demanding.

Which is a good thing since I crossed the 60yr mark a while back. I still ride hard but crashing is not what I aspire to. I will say its an awesome bike. I rode a SC Blur v1, and LT (26ers) for about 14 years before deciding I had another bike in me. And Im super glad I did. Im riding as hard and fast as ever. Maybe faster owing to the "flow" trails out here, and how the bigger tires. the wide bars, and short stems give so much more control. These new bikes are so much more capable!

If you never spent time on an old 26er, your not missing much. My first mtn bike front suspension was a 2.1 inch red tire - with elevated rear chain stays (Nishiki Alien)! And climbing bars!

With our new normal, Im riding 4 or 5 days a week. Nothing heroic -10 to 16 miles per outing.
    With all the time riding this summer I wanted to try something with a little more travel. So the Following is for sale.
    And no, I never biffed on it - for real. Never did a car shuttle (OK maybe once on Phelps Ridge), no bike parks, and yeah, I guess I have long legs.....
    Now someone step up and buy this awesome bike

Two Dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    HA! You post a bike for sale and a whole comedy team shows up on your door :-)

FWIW - I grew up riding in the North East. I bought this bike to ride in WY. Compared to the rocks and stumps I grew up riding back East, the riding around here is far less demanding.

Which is a good thing since I crossed the 60yr mark a while back. I still ride hard but crashing is not what I aspire to. I will say its an awesome bike. I rode a SC Blur v1, and LT (26ers) for about 14 years before deciding I had another bike in me. And Im super glad I did. Im riding as hard and fast as ever. Maybe faster owing to the "flow" trails out here, and how the bigger tires. the wide bars, and short stems give so much more control. These new bikes are so much more capable!

If you never spent time on an old 26er, your not missing much. My first mtn bike front suspension was a 2.1 inch red tire - with elevated rear chain stays (Nishiki Alien)! And climbing bars!

With our new normal, Im riding 4 or 5 days a week. Nothing heroic -10 to 16 miles per outing.
    With all the time riding this summer I wanted to try something with a little more travel. So the Following is for sale.
    And no, I never biffed on it - for real. Never did a car shuttle (OK maybe once on Phelps Ridge), no bike parks, and yeah, I guess I have long legs.....
    Now someone step up and buy this awesome bike
    Fair enough. I just see "never crashed" listed all the time and have a hard time believing it but have no reason to question it in your case. I was trying to get my brother to buy the bike as it looks like a great ride at a good price but he's scared about the lack of warranty if something was to go wrong and have no recourse (which I realize, is the situation with all used bikes). GLWS

How tall are you especially inseam? I’m between M/L most frames so find this info to help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's used but I doubt you'll find many in as good condition, unless their owners got hurt or something unusual happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    How tall are you especially inseam? I’m between M/L most frames so find this info to help. Thanks.

I'm 5 11 all arms and legs. About 34 or 35 reach and 34 inseam
    Hence all that seat tube someone joked about
    Last edited by Iwantmy2dollars; 07-31-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Jeebus. Thought that might be the case with that seatpost. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Fair enough. I just see "never crashed" listed all the time and have a hard time believing it but have no reason to question it in your case. I was trying to get my brother to buy the bike as it looks like a great ride at a good price but he's scared about the lack of warranty if something was to go wrong and have no recourse (which I realize, is the situation with all used bikes). GLWS
    I just sold my Primer and the guy who bought it asked if I had ever crashed it. Right after I asked him if he could help get the bike off the rack because my hand is in a brace. I proudly told him I hadn't crashed it in the past 10 days but made not guarantee as to what happened before that.
    I'd disclose a direct tree hit or something like the bike falling off the rack while driving. Regular crashes though? They happen all the time and one look at the paint will tell a buyer all the need to know...

Bump -. No one in JH needs a nice new whip¿

Yeah I don't really get the people who are obsessed with a bike that's "never been crashed." I'd much rather buy a used bike that's been crashed frequently but has been well maintained than the other way around. Plus that way I don't have to feel bad when I inevitably put a nasty scratch into a new (to me) ride.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Lol, because nothings been broken or bent? Fwiw, the bike has been well maintained. I do all my own wrenching except for the tricky bits on hydrologic brakes

Lol, because nothings been broken or bent? Fwiw, the bike has been well maintained. I do all my own wrenching except for the tricky bits on hydrologic brakes
    Sorry didn't mean to imply never been crashed wasn't good, just that I think it's funny when a hypothetical someone is buying a used mountain bicycle and then gets scared off because it doesn't look like it just came off the shop floor. Wasn't trying to be negative about yours, more of a comment on the post two or three up. Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Bump -. No one in JH needs a nice new whip¿
    Step 1: Drive to Sun Valley

Step 2: Ride some epic deep country rides

Step 3: Sell me your bike

This is incredibly tempting.. and I’m headed to Idaho falls next week. My only concern is I’m 5’9. Might need a medium

I'm 5,11. Long arms and legs.... if your normal build I think your right.

Lol, I'd love to.... under different circumstances it sounds like a great excuse for a road trip!