If You Only Had Three Days....

...... to fish this weekend.... and live in Salt Lake City....and have a drift boat, where would you go?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2246.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	335547

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You should head north on I-15 to Craig MT and join the big maggot fish camp.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

If You Only Had Three Days....

Harry- Lurking and reading posts the last few years leads me to believe I wouldn’t make it back to work on Monday!! I’ve got a crew of three and between kids, wives and work- 3 days is all we can pull off, so 8 hours drive is about 4 hours further than I want to go. Thinking about an early start- hitting below fontenelle on Thursday and then “a” and “b” on Friday/Saturday.

But.... thinking it might be cooler up Idaho way on the Henry’s. Did hear it was super crowded around lower Henry’s over the weekend. But that seems to be the new norm and I’m part if the problem.

If it was me, I would hit the Snake below Jackson on day 2 and the South Fork on day 3. It is hella crowded every where up her right now, especially on weekends, but the Snake is big water and handles the crowds better than the Hank. Get on early or get on late.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thanks telee. Will add it to list. I’ve never been on that water, so didn’t consider it. Any beta would be appreciated!

I’d take Teleee’s advice. Crowds have thinned on the Snake from a week ago. Still crowded tho.

Ok.... fontenelle Thursday, Astoria to west table Friday, and dam to conant on Saturday. Sound reasonable in three days? I really think I want to float conant to cottonwood but the shuttle sounds like a long haul- plan to run shuttle with Yamaha TW.

Any camp recommends would be appreciated! Thanks again

Camping is a shit show around here! You might get something I. The snake river canyon. Could try the sf frontage road too.
    Put in at Pritchard boat ramp instead of Astoria. Astoria get packed with guides. Uneven gravel/rock launch. You only miss a half mile of water for a much better ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Camping is a shit show around here! You might get something I. The snake river canyon. Could try the sf frontage road too.
    Put in at Pritchard boat ramp instead of Astoria. Astoria get packed with guides. Uneven gravel/rock launch. You only miss a half mile of water for a much better ramp.
    Yep! All of the above. If you can get here Thursday night your chances are way better. There are some tent sites at the campground right below Palisades dam. That would be a good base of operations.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thanks Fellas. Putting the final itinerary together and looking forward to a new river!

Have fun! Fishing is pretty good on most rivers round here. Catching can be had without getting fancy most of the time. The larger fish are starting to come back to the snake too.

Awesome

Thanks for information bro, I think it's better to make a content like you

No thank you , M-Series Jong!
    Now give us a fishing report from the Cisadane or the Citarum
    Or your wifes, sisters, mom's tits
    or GTFO!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

My apologies for not updating in a timely manner. The trip was a success. A late start on Thursday had us scrap the section above dam, spent two days on the South Fork. The fishing was certainly eclipsed by the beauty of the river. We did catch fish but nothing huge. Floated Conant to Byington over the two days.

Had so much fun, took another crew up last weekend. We ran a flotilla of 3 boats and 9 anglers. Boats were so loaded with beer, food, and camp gear, I can't believe they floated. I'm certain we exceeded stated capacity in every boat. Fishing was pretty solid and camping did not disappoint.

Thanks for the input on planing this trip and look forward to following the groups adventures.

Name:  IMG_0020.JPG
Views: 503
Size:  31.8 KBName:  IMG_0053.JPG
Views: 684
Size:  257.8 KBName:  IMG_0059.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  38.6 KBName:  IMG_0061.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  267.5 KBName:  IMG_0065.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  32.3 KBName:  IMG_0081.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  343.5 KBName:  IMG_0084.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  43.6 KBName:  IMG_0104.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  42.3 KBName:  IMG_0108.JPG
Views: 412
Size:  266.7 KBName:  IMG_0152.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  30.5 KBName:  IMG_0049.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  38.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    # didntsuck
    Strong work jong thanks for bringing the goods
    My greenies bros made me row an A Saturday
    Rubber hatch with a good dose of entitled yakers
    Enough heads up dogs and families to keep me sane but I'm gonna pass on that clusterfuck I told them was coming till the turn
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A+

Nice work. You picked one of my favorite camp spots as well! The fishing has been weird all year. Glad to see you hit some of the goodness.