Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shark attack

I know a couple divers who find tropicals like butterflyfish and pompano on the wrecks in NJ in late summer. Presumably swept north by the current.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Gulf stream gets us toasty in the summer. We haven't hit any records that I'm aware of, but we are at the typical high point now in the low 70's. If we had a wave it would be extra nice.
    There's been a good swell from the outh the past few dys down here, you should take a ride.

Saw a pic posted on facefuck today of a shark fin from yesterday off Cousins Island. Basically Casco Bay here in Portland, ME. The accompanying photo was of half a seal body. And from what I’ve been told regarding Popham Beach whites have been around there for years. Big seal colony on the massive ledge off the beach.

More sightings today around Cousins. Harbor Master just sent out an alert telling folks to use strong situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Thats the thing, if sharks thought people were food they wouldn't hit and split....they'd stay and eat....they don't.

Anyone know of an analysis of amount of worldwide bathers compared to shark attacks? My guess is the numbers are super super low in that respect.

Its fear....the media lives on it. I've seen 100's of images taken in places like Pensacola florida. 30 sharks in the water visible from drone/copter, with bathers not 200ft away...nobody gets attacked usually.

Its like walking through bear country and being surprised if you get attacked by a bear....they live in the fucking ocean man...they are always there.
    I've seen video where the sharks are between the people and the beach.

I still think dying in 5' of foam is worse than getting et by a prehistoric monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Shark Attack: Reminded me a bit of The B52's
    I’m more of a Rock Lobster guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I was a kid living on Cape Cod and swimming in the ocean every day all summer when Jaws came out. That shit changed my life.
    Lol. Dad used to think it was hilarious to pop Jaws in the vhs player in the family van as we set off to the beach for the summer. Not a single one of us kids got in the water for a week.

Every year.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Next week is Baby Shark Week on Nick!

Fucking hell. Eardrums are gonna die in unprecedented numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I know a couple divers who find tropicals like butterflyfish and pompano on the wrecks in NJ in late summer. Presumably swept north by the current.
    Currents are funny things to animals that aren’t aware of them.

Summer or two ago there was a couple of UGA coeds that thought it would be neat to rent paddleboards on the sound-side of HHI. A few hours and a lot of outgoing tide later they ended up a few miles and a different island south on Tybee and couldn’t figure out for the life of them how they got there.

I’m sure some nice local boys got em squared away.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    c'mon man...sharks are ALWAYS there. Humans are not food.
    A friend that flies choppers for the Sheriff around here told me if I saw what he sees every day, I would never swim in the ocean. Bull sharks everywhere. And them things are meaner than anything. That said, the last reported attack here was some dumb shit walking neck deep through the flats with dead bait in his pocket- got his leg removed for that mistake. I think he lived though.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    A friend that flies choppers for the Sheriff around here told me if I saw what he sees every day, I would never swim in the ocean. Bull sharks everywhere. And them things are meaner than anything. That said, the last reported attack here was some dumb shit walking neck deep through the flats with dead bait in his pocket- got his leg removed for that mistake. I think he lived though.
    Fuck. That.

Brackish water nightmares are full of those things.

On a serious note, I bet they call that guy Skip now.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Summer or two ago there was a couple of UGA coeds that thought it would be neat to rent paddleboards on the sound-side of HHI. A few hours and a lot of outgoing tide later they ended up a few miles and a different island south on Tybee and couldn’t figure out for the life of them how they got there.

I’m sure some nice local boys got em squared away.
    Pics of Coeds? Need to know what dumb animals to watch out for.
    Lot worse places to end up than Tybee. Coulda been swept south to Brunswick (shudder).
    Just the smell of the paper plant probably prevents that from happening, like a force field.

Fuck. That.

Brackish water nightmares are full of those things.

On a serious note, I bet they call that guy Skip now.

Better than BOB.

I think the news said in ny there are like 12 shark deaths since the mid 1800s. That's a low ass percentage. And I believe that sheriff after seeing the videos I've seen. They're all over.

Lifeguard in NY that saw the shark the other day says " I've never seen one so close to shore." Guess what buddy they're around.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Pics of Coeds? Need to know what dumb animals to watch out for.
    Lot worse places to end up than Tybee. Coulda been swept south to Brunswick (shudder).
    Just the smell of the paper plant probably prevents that from happening, like a force field.
    I’ll see what I can dig up.

No joke about Brunswick, that plant smells like shit 20 miles out. I’m shocked that every Mercedes made in America that ships out of there isn’t coated in the stench.

Probably keeps the Bull Sharks away though.

Yeah, nah on second thought.

. . .

Every time I go swimming in the Intercoastal or it’s adjoining rivers (May, Cooper, etc) this video comes to mind.

A big ass shark!

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

When I lived in Florida, I went wading fishing in the intercoastal off longboat key with local guys that I worked with. Wear sneakers and scuff your feet to avoid stepping on a stingray. It was weird feeling swimming things bump into your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A big ass shark!

I think she got it at the end.

There's buuuul shaaahhks.

Just booked a house for a week in Harpswell with its own private beach. I’m swimming every day.

So I guess we were wrong. SHARK WEEK IS BACK.

Saw a commercial that has Mike Tyson going under with a bunch of reef sharks and chainmail.

Snoop Dogg smokin spliffs and narrating great white shark videos is premium content.

Snoop has intentionally killed more humans than most sharks have.

Game recognize game?

Game recognize game?
    Name:  23youz.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  71.7 KB

Church.