Anyone have a Marmot hookup? Family needs new 6 person tent.

Howdy,
    I I know this is a long-shot, but thought I would check and see if anyone happens to have a hook up with Marmot or other quality tent manufacture? Taking the kids on their first rafting trip and realized all of us can’t fit in my three- man backpacking tent.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campmor usually has good deals on family sized tents......https://www.campmor.com/collections/tents

Thanks, I will check them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

REI is running a 25%-off sale on all full price items, with a few exceptions. Their house brand tents seem to be pretty good, especially for family tents, if you're not stuck on Marmot.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thanks for the heads up

Family camping needs two tents

Hubbahubba
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Hubbahubba
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    QFT. I use an REI 4 man tent for the kids and my wife and I use my 3 man backpacking tent. Only time we use the big, 8 man tent is when we are car camping.

Rafting is a whole lot like car camping!
    Little boy is almost three and daughters six not sure they’re ready to be in their own tent yet.

For rafting we went REI. Warranty service is outstanding and the said devastates zippers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I've never been drunk and randy enough to hook up with a marmot...yet.

Costco has big (6-8-10 person) tents for sale frequently over the summer and their return policy is even better than REIs last time I checked.

Bump. Still looking for a new 6-8 person tent for the family.

You haven't provided any information on desired features. 1 or 2 doors, wind worthy dome vs taller style, how much ventilation vs a warmer model you might use during other seasons, vestibule size and number, how much is weight a factor, etc.

But there is a good deal on a Marmot Orbit 6 with a huge vestibule on gear trade that has only been setup but not used according to the seller for $430 shipped, which is a lot of coin but over $700 MSRP new. I know nothing about the seller. Cheapest I saw new was $516 on Marmot's website. I haven't owned this tent but have had good luck with a Marmot Halo which uses the same fabric materials and poles which are pretty heavy duty (adds weight though). Just looking at this model, ventilation may not be the best unless there is a zipper in the rainfly at the rear of the tent. https://www.geartrade.com/item/67566...-orbit-6p-tent

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    You haven't provided any information on desired features. 1 or 2 doors, wind worthy dome vs taller style, how much ventilation vs a warmer model you might use during other seasons, vestibule size and number, how much is weight a factor, etc.

But there is a good deal on a Marmot Orbit 6 with a huge vestibule on gear trade that has only been setup but not used according to the seller for $430 shipped, which is a lot of coin but over $700 MSRP new. I know nothing about the seller. Cheapest I saw new was $516 on Marmot's website. I haven't owned this tent but have had good luck with a Marmot Halo which uses the same fabric materials and poles which are pretty heavy duty (adds weight though). Just looking at this model, ventilation may not be the best unless there is a zipper in the rainfly at the rear of the tent. https://www.geartrade.com/item/67566...-orbit-6p-tent
    Thanks 3PinGrin.
    That looks nice, but as you pointed out it seems to be lacking ventilation.
    Two doors would be great with options for good ventilation and a vestibule.
    Using this for family rafting and possible car camping trips.

I don't want to sell it, but we use a REI Kingdom 6 with the 'garage' thing and it's been great for years. My older kids are teens now, and my daughter wants her own tent because 'we fart too much'. If your kids are young, invest in a great bigass tent and you will get years of service.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

We bought a Ridgeway (I think) heavy as shit huge tent when our kids were little. First, it was cheap, second, worked fine for car camping. Third, came from costco so if it ever broke we can take it back. Fourth, saved our good tents from getting trashed. You can divide it into three rooms if you want so people can have some privacy. Awesome car/raft tent.

As long as it will stake down well and it is water proof you are good. Ours served us well for a long time.

This one is huge and from costco. No idea the quality level:

https://www.costco.com/core-11-perso...100520150.html

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I don't want to sell it, but we use a REI Kingdom 6 with the 'garage' thing and it's been great for years. My older kids are teens now, and my daughter wants her own tent because 'we fart too much'. If your kids are young, invest in a great bigass tent and you will get years of service.
    Thanks. The kingdoms one of the tents I’ve been looking at. I’m thinking along the same lines of buying something we
    can use as a family for many years as the kids are young and just starting to enjoy camping and rafting.

Marmot ProDeal has a F&F right now. Anyone have a hook up for the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    Marmot ProDeal has a F&F right now. Anyone have a hook up for the OP?
    Would be much appreciated!