Old news, it's been down for over 36hrs now.
    Posted to their Social Media platforms on July 23, 2020, 6:20am (MST) *which was 7:23 after the system went down):
    "We are currently experiencing an outage that affects Garmin Connect, and as a result, the Garmin Connect website and mobile app are down at this time. This outage also affects our call centers, and we are currently unable to receive any calls, emails or online chats. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and apologize for this inconvenience."

Wahoo, just sayin is all.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Wahoo, just sayin is all.
    When Wahoo gets a decent GPS running watch, then we can talk. Strava is showing that 50% of upload traffic is gone with Garmin down.

Can’t even access my app on my phone.... gonna be crappy when someone steals my fitness data and they see how out of shape I am.

Garmin is down, probably hacked.

Like Sandbox said, who cares if they get my exercise data, unless they have all of their credit card data from Garmin Pay App and all the credit card data from their e-commerce site.
    It sounds like the hackers have encrypted all of their data along with the whole Garmin systems.
    The real fawked up part is the people with Garmin Aviation equipment can't fly because they can't submit an electronic flight plan to get clearance for take off.
    But I can still ride my bike, but the last 2 days I had to plug my Garmin into the computer with a USB cord to upload to Strava. [S] GASP [S]

Edit: Looks like their Garmin.com e-commerce page up and going this morning, Garmin Connect is still down, and the app on IOS won't even stay open to give me the Maintenance message.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 07-25-2020 at 06:57 AM.

FWIW, the inReach SMS/SOS system is still operational if anyone is wondering.

That hack was spooky. They posted about it. I am curious what sort of data they wanted but know holding the system hostage was the real money maker.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Garmin is down, probably hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    That hack was spooky. They posted about it. I am curious what sort of data they wanted but know holding the system hostage was the real money maker.
    They don't want any personal data. They just encrypt all of the company’s (Garmin) back of house data, and this locking them out. They then request a ransom ($10 Million) to unlock and hand back their files.
    Everyone was worried about their personal data, or payment information, but that information is always secure/encrypted within Gramin's data package.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 08-07-2020 at 11:39 AM.