WTB: Free weights (dumbbells, bench)

I know, I'm late to the party and apparently everyone has already bought out every store in existence. But I'm emerging from my early-pandemic slothfulness and trying to get back into shape, and I miss lifting weights at the gym. Anyone have any ideas on where to get dumbbells and weight benches these days?

I really just need a pair of 15 lb (for triceps), 30 lb (for curls), and 50-60 lb (for bench and rows). Adjustable dumbbells like the Bowflex would be nice, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks...
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

https://youtu.be/AFrXv41aL2A

Aaaaand....bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipping is gonna be a bitch.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m thunking of carving some out of logs with a chainsaw and giving them away for a laugh. I don’t have a floor scale though so nothing to gauge the weight by. About the best measure I have would be a gallon of water for 8.

i was just in my local Dick's today and saw at least 3 different people with dumbbells

Buy a set of heavy duty resistance bands. You can get them on Amazon for ~$40. I have dumbbells and find myself using the resistance bands at least 50% of the time and can get just as good a workout.

Amazon brand kettlebells.

Having been through all this, eventually having put together a home gym from a dozen different sellers (both new and used):

- From any source, you'll probably have better luck at both ends of your range, since by contrast, something like a 30lb set appeals to almost everyone.
    - Scour Craigslist (automated notifications are easy to set up) and Facebook Marketplace. True bargains are rare, but decent deals are common. I've gotten a lot of weights that way recently. The going rate around here seems to have settled down to $2/lb or less.
    - For new, a bit on the pricey side: https://www.goldenscastiron.com/cast-iron-dumbbells/ ... but not unreasonable, and shipping time was reliable. Given that you're looking at a relatively small collection, if you're not down to your last dime, will save you lots of time just to order from them.
    - Weight bench, I got a really cheap one from Amazon (just flat though), and I've noticed some other ones at decent prices. (You would think that shipping would be crazy, but it was free, which was especially surprising given that the price was <$100.)
    - Register for the email notifications at Rogue Fitness, although I had luck with that only for kettlebells, not dumbbells. And you have only several minutes from when you receive the email to when they sell out.
    - Pre-pandemic prices and availability at: https://yorkbarbell.com ... but ordering windows are tantalizing are. Lots of amusing complaints about this on their FB page. Once, having given up, I was checking the website just to confirm pre-pandemic prices and ... whoah, what, I actually place an order now! I started adding more stuff to my cart, and by the time I was ready to pull trigger ... the ordering window had closed again.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

WTB: Free weights (dumbbells, bench)

If you have any carpentry skills, you can grad some lumber, Homer buckets, couple of bags of concrete and some 1” gas pipe. It’s what I had to result too when everything sold out and it’s been working pretty well.
    Last edited by Pukesno; 07-25-2020 at 05:56 PM.