Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Canfield Tilt with Ext Era/Storia, carbon cranks, wheels, bar. 35 lbs! Just with EXO tires too. The Onyx Classic rear hub isn't doing me any favors but still, don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Climbs better than my 32 lb Firebird though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67772555268__A14D8C34-A45B-4C67-8FA6-DE64EF9A8D91.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	627.8 KB 
ID:	422928
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Canfield Tilt with Ext Era/Storia, carbon cranks, wheels, bar. 35 lbs! Just with EXO tires too. The Onyx Classic rear hub isn't doing me any favors but still, don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Climbs better than my 32 lb Firebird though.
    Does your Firebird have air suspension? Coils add a lot of weight

The Storia only weighs like 40g more than an X2 of the same size. 35lbs isn't bad for an aluminum enduro bike. I think my GG is about that with the same suspension.

As currently built, my Range is 38 lbs on the nose. If I put my "uphill" tires on it, I can get it down to around 37.

If a saddle needs to be that nosed down, it's probably a bit too high.

Handlebar position matters a bit too. If the seat is say, too low, and the bars are high up and close, you'll probably be comfortable with it nose up.

I just weighed my Enduro…. 37lbs… woof.

That is stock with pedals, cush core front/rear, and a pump stored in the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Name:	67772555268__A14D8C34-A45B-4C67-8FA6-DE64EF9A8D91.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	627.8 KB 
ID:	422928
    Nothing wrong here sir.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    The Storia only weighs like 40g more than an X2 of the same size. 35lbs isn't bad for an aluminum enduro bike. I think my GG is about that with the same suspension.
    Yup, checked. 35 lbs 1 oz. GG Megatrail MX, EXT suspension, WAO Union wheels w/ DD tires, eeWings, Tenet pedals, and all the other good stuff. Plus EDC tool in the steerer and Wahoo GPS.

I weighed my Transition Smuggler, carbon, carbon wheels, 2.3 DHF/DHR tires. It came in at 30.1 pounds on a cheap handheld luggage scale.

Yup, checked. 35 lbs 1 oz. GG Megatrail MX, EXT suspension, WAO Union wheels w/ DD tires, eeWings, Tenet pedals, and all the other good stuff. Plus EDC tool in the steerer and Wahoo GPS.
    Another GG here, Gnarvana size L, EXT shock, Mezzer pro fork, no name carbon wheels with GridGravity casing, mostly XT build, 35 lbs on the nose with a small bag on it with tube, multitool, etc...

My Orbea Occam with Mezzer & Mara suspension, the same no name wheels with GridTrail casing, full XT build, and the bag comes in at 30 lbs exactly. The GG makes me pay dearly for the extra 20mm in the front and 5 mm in the rear!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    <snip> The GG makes me pay dearly for the extra 20mm in the front and 5 mm in the rear!
    TWSS!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    TWSS!

Well played
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Another GG here, Gnarvana size L, EXT shock, Mezzer pro fork, no name carbon wheels with GridGravity casing, mostly XT build, 35 lbs on the nose with a small bag on it with tube, multitool, etc...

My Orbea Occam with Mezzer & Mara suspension, the same no name wheels with GridTrail casing, full XT build, and the bag comes in at 30 lbs exactly. The GG makes me pay dearly for the extra 20mm in the front and 5 mm in the rear!
    I forgot about my frame bag. I’ll weigh it again but I’m safely under 30 pounds now.

Revved Megatrail weighed out to 32.8 lbs when I built it last summer. Mezzer Pro/Mara Pro, fancy-pants Reynolds wheels, X1 drivetrain, Affect cranks, Time MX6 pedals, Rock'R2 rubber, Manitou dropper, carbon bars. Cheap Amazon fish scale but it says a gallon of water is 8.2 lbs so it seems to be accurate.

GG Revved frames are not light. Mine was actually heavier than the alloy GG frame it replaced.

Ragley Mmmbop is 27 lbs and definitely quicker on the up.

I use a digital bathroom scale, just weigh yourself holding the bike then weigh yourself without the bike and do the math
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I use a digital bathroom scale, just weigh yourself holding the bike then weigh yourself without the bike and do the math
    They told me there would be no maths.

Never weighed one of my bikes before cuz it is what it is. But, I was curious after perusing this thread.
    2022 Orbea Rallon w/ one rimpact and tools in the locker. 34.5 lbs.

Name:	Image1659557700.199573.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	422984
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Nothing wrong here sir.
    I suppose not, haha. Definitely happy with the setup. Bikes are just heavier now and it's OK, especially with big wheels. Beats breaking shit all the time.

Yeah when I looked at shock weights, it was basically sixes. Splitting hairs but the Tilt doesn't really make it to 'Enduro' bike at 138r/150fr. I do miss the extra travel sometimes but this bike is noticeably much more nimble in the corners. Still though, their Lithium frame comes in at only 1 oz more for 163 rear travel and my fork is already 170 capable so there's the 'Full Enduro' (LOL) at basically the same weight. Tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Revved Megatrail weighed out to 32.8 lbs when I built it last summer. Mezzer Pro/Mara Pro, fancy-pants Reynolds wheels, X1 drivetrain, Affect cranks, Time MX6 pedals, Rock'R2 rubber, Manitou dropper, carbon bars. Cheap Amazon fish scale but it says a gallon of water is 8.2 lbs so it seems to be accurate.

GG Revved frames are not light. Mine was actually heavier than the alloy GG frame it replaced.

Ragley Mmmbop is 27 lbs and definitely quicker on the up.
    That's a respectable weight for the MT, a bit easier with 27.5 wheels I guess.

My Hardtail is 32 lbs, ha! Party build and steel though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by TAHOEDOWN View Post
    Never weighed one of my bikes before cuz it is what it is. But, I was curious after perusing this thread.
    2022 Orbea Rallon w/ one rimpact and tools in the locker. 34.5 lbs.
    Wow, that one's kinda surprising. I thought Orbeas were pretty light. All that junk in the trunk I guess.

Wow, that one's kinda surprising. I thought Orbeas were pretty light. All that junk in the trunk I guess.
    Yeah hence why I don’t put my bikes on a dream crusher normally. They advertised 32 lbs and I added pedals, real rear tire, insert, and tools. Seems like any big bike that is set up to ride the terrain they were designed for are around that or more.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They told me there would be no maths.

don't forget you must show your work

Quote Originally Posted by TAHOEDOWN View Post
    Yeah hence why I don’t put my bikes on a dream crusher normally. They advertised 32 lbs and I added pedals, real rear tire, insert, and tools. Seems like any big bike that is set up to ride the terrain they were designed for are around that or more.
    Still surprised it weighs this much. Buddy of mine just got his after waiting forever and ever for it, he's running the mullet version, it's barely heavier than my Occam. Unloading his bike from the rack then picking up my GG made me kinda mad...

yeti 5.5 was 32-ish, I would expect to spend some $$$$ (on top of the $$$$ to buy it ) to get it sub 30

and then woudl I be compromising just to make it lighter ?

Still surprised it weighs this much. Buddy of mine just got his after waiting forever and ever for it, he's running the mullet version, it's barely heavier than my Occam. Unloading his bike from the rack then picking up my GG made me kinda mad...
    Maybe I'm off. Unofficially weighed holding the bike on a bathroom scale. Which build and what tires?
    *Edit to add I forgot to include that I added MT7's (instead of XT's) and a 200mm rotor in the back.
    Last edited by TAHOEDOWN; 08-04-2022 at 04:51 PM.

I haven't weighed a bike of mine in ages but this thread piqued my interest:

2022 Transition Patrol (L)
    GX, Saint brakes, WAO Unions, Schwalbe Super Trails, SX cranks, Octamousse in both tires, Bomber coil shock: 37.65 lbs with Tenet pedals

Kona Honzo ST (L)
    Microshift, Zee brakes, FSA Gradient Carbon wheels, Specialized Grid tires, Aefect cranks, Octamousse in both tires, empty frame bag: 31.65 lbs with Tenet pedals.

Honestly just stoked and shocked the Patrol weighs under 40lbs. Guess that means I could afford to put a coil in that fork....