105mm Last stiff Touring boot w/tech and vibram?

Can't seem to find this. Technically foot is about 103mm. I'm out of the boot loop these days. Want a tech sole or interchangeable vibram sole. Want a 120ish stiffness. Tour mode for hiking and lockdown alpine mode.
    Had a Factor, now flexed out. Prefer light weightish for a 120 flex.
    The Cochise says 98mm.
    I have literally the most average foot ever (according to the sidas machine) aside from a rather high arch. I will put wrap intuitions and my custom foot bed in there.
    I'm a little put off on the Hoji buckle placement designs as I feel like that will mash my arch, but I have had issues with heal slip when touring, I usually add half a butterfly to my liners.
    Maybe a Salomon but I cant find a tech/vibram stiff one.
    What am I missing?
    Recs? Whats on sale, its buying season.
    Did the rona eat all the pbax?
    Thanks.

Never skied these but 103.5 they're on the wider side. Might work with a punch. 115 flex. I think the early Cosmoses had some breaky parts but can't remember what...maybe walk mode hardware.

https://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/p...s-iii-ski-boot

I don't think anything goes out to 105 out of the box. BD's were wide (I had the Prime for a long time) but they're obviously no longer.
    I used the Scott Cosmos above for part of season and liked em, mostly because they were wide and otherwise pretty middle of the road. The older version had break issues with the internal walk-ski. The new has a walk-ski shank - better, but interferes with most crampons. Put these on your list.
    Hoji also pretty wide - but you noted that already.
    A bunch are way too narrow if you have a wide-ish foot - Solly, ZGTP, atomic, Fischer, Dal Lupo all sub 100. Amazing what a couple mm's can do... a punched out pair of tecnica ZGTPs almost destroyed my foot!
    Then rossi, k2, lange, etc are all too heavy (I think)
    I ended up going with Maestrale RS's - have worked well out of the box for most of the season, but prob will punch em out a bit.

cool. Yeah I'm like a 103mm but compared to a 98mm that would make a difference I feel. I always had scrapa tele boots but their alpine boots always seemed way to wide but that was 10 years ago. The maestral XT looks like a good start for me. thanks.
    No to find them for less then $600. I think the scotts would be too soft for my size.

I’m a 104 and with a little massage, the Scarpa RS works pretty well if that helps. Getting old and fat has really reduced my boot options.

Dalbello Lupo Air
    Dalbello Lupo AX
    Atomic Hawx Prime XTD
    Lange XT3
    Nordica Strider

No particular order but should give you a range of options which work well for a taller instep.

I have a giant instep and made the ZeroG Tour pro work without too much effort because it’s the best boot out there right now. Tour wrap liners go a long way for my fellow high instep folks.

The Scott Cosmos III is the widest out of the box at 103mm, but a reasonably skilled bootfitter can make any boot mentioned in this thread 105mm wide.

Adjusting for a tall instep is a bit more complicated with some boots. My guess is you could make the Atomic Hawx Prime XTD fit by just doing the heat mold on the shell and using a little padding. They won't be on sale though, since it is a new boot for 2021.

Dalbello Lupo AX 120 and Full Tilt Ascendant would work with minor adjustments.

103mm but what size?

I think my feet are technically 105mm but that’s in a 28.5. So that 99mm shell in a 26.5 is actually more like 102mm in a 28.5. Don’t need to do any width work in a 99mm last for my 105mm wide foot.

Cochise is wider than 99mm at the met heads.

Hawx XTD- My left is 109, right is 112 wide, high instep. These say 98 last but with Pro Tours and generous punching, they fit great.

I wear a 26.5, which is the reference size for almost all last widths; left foot is 104mm across the metatarsals, right foot is 110mm (large bunion at the 1st met), average instep. I've made the Zero G Tour Pro/Guide Pro (99), Hawx Ultra XTD (98), Lange XT Free LV (97), Salomon S/Lab MTN (98) and many other sub-100mm boots fit fine.

It's fairly simple to make a 97mm boot 105mm wide, but it's more difficult to change volume (not just instep height). Tecnica makes it relatively simple with dimpled grindable bootboards, but lots of touring boots have no bootboard in order to save weight.

You should be talking to a bootfitter with touring boot experience who's willing to do some shell work, chances are your range of options will expand.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    103mm but what size?

I think my feet are technically 105mm but that’s in a 28.5. So that 99mm shell in a 26.5 is actually more like 102mm in a 28.5. Don’t need to do any width work in a 99mm last for my 105mm wide foot.

Cochise is wider than 99mm at the met heads.
    Met Heads? 28.0 mondo. 10 street USA
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    What?
    A "100mm" boot would be a good starting point for you. As others have said, a "100mm" boot is only 100mm wide in size 26/26.5. As you go up in shell size, the forefoot width increases by 2mm and as you go down in size, the forefoot width decreases by 2mm.

That means that a size 28/28.5 "100mm" boot will actually be 104mm wide across/at the forefoot (the metatarsal heads). In the hands of a competent boot fitter and some good footbeds, a "100mm" boot should comfortably work for you without much fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    A "100mm" boot would be a good starting point for you. As others have said, a "100mm" boot is only 100mm wide in size 26/26.5. As you go up in shell size, the forefoot width increases by 2mm and as you go down in size, the forefoot width decreases by 2mm.

That means that a size 28/28.5 "100mm" boot will actually be 104mm wide across/at the forefoot (the metatarsal heads). In the hands of a competent boot fitter and some good footbeds, a "100mm" boot should comfortably work for you without much fuss.
    sick. did not know that. that makes allot more sense. I was like who all these long ass foot skinny footed muthufuckas out there? I'm going off what the sidas guys told me when I had my foot measured but the software wasn't working to give me boot suggestions. and I'm out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    You should ask yourself if you're in the right size boot. I also wear a 10-10.5 US street shoe, and all my ski boots are 26/26.5 . . . met heads are the bony points at the base of the big and pinky toes, last width is normally measured on a slight diagonal between the two points.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    You should ask yourself if you're in the right size boot. I also wear a 10-10.5 US street shoe, and all my ski boots are 26/26.5 . . . met heads are the bony points at the base of the big and pinky toes, last width is normally measured on a slight diagonal between the two points.
    Good info. All these these shells are slightly different right? I have been in a 315mm BSL shell for a while. I've never been able to jam my foot in a 26.5 mondo anything. I do have a super normal foot aside from the arch, never had to punch or grind with heat moldable liners. Like I sad the computer/dood told me what to get. You know put on the grid sock, 3d metrology shit. It confirmed that the factor was very close to my met head length(yeah now I'm cool), aside from it being a bit soft and the heel pocket was too big and the instep was too shallow(so it sucked). But ready to step it up. I always did the old pull the liner stick your footy in and get dowel in the heel trick, what is it 1/2" or 12mm dowel?

If you're in an alpine boot with a BSL of 315mm, it is most probably a 27/27.5 shell, not a 28/28.5 shell.

When I stood on the Sidas machine, it said I should be in a 27.5 with a 122mm last, and had no suggestions . . .

Those 3d machines are shit. Local shop measured me in one at said I should be in a giant boot with a fucking huge heel, rather than get what fit my heel/ankle/instep/length and punch the forefoot to match. Lotta shitty bootfitters out there too.

Fyi I wear an 11.5 street shoe and I'm in a 27.5 touring/26.5 downhill boot. 28 is way too big for someone in a 10 street shoe.

"Lotta shitty bootfitters out there too."

Becoming a bootfitter is like becoming a parent. There's no test, no license, and some prove to be better than others.

I have a high instep and the Roxa R3 130 fits and has vibram like sole.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I have a high instep and the Roxa R3 130 fits and has vibram like sole.
    Another fine option that I was able to get to fit me with little drama.

Only one lift day and about 1,000 ft. of skinning it it due to COVID. Not the greatest walk mode, but the R3 is one of the more powerful "130" boots out there (read: Stiff) in the crossover category. Soles are GripWalk, not ISO 9523.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Another fine option that I was able to get to fit me with little drama.

Only one lift day and about 1,000 ft. of skinning it it due to COVID. Not the greatest walk mode, but the R3 is one of the more powerful "130" boots out there (read: Stiff) in the crossover category. Soles are GripWalk, not ISO 9523.
    True, the rearward flex in walk mode is not great, but it's the best single boot I've found for sidecountry and lift served with burl to boot. I like the heel pocket fit and yeah, the instep for those of us with big ones, fits.

That said, we did 5 pretty big consecutive days (some over 1000m skins) around Andermatt, Mtlodge_Sedrun and the Oberalp Pass at the start of the shutdown and I was pleased.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I feel your pain... (literally usually....)

The answer to be honest is to find a really good bootfitter, listen to what they say and suck it up and pay the RRP.

Scott Cosmos for me at 26.5, intuition wrap and a whole load of heating and punching

Just here to say I got the zero g pros in a 26.5 so You all are right. I was in a 27.5 not a 28 but whatev.
    Again you all are correct, I was wrong. fart on.