Interesting article about high altitude training

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Guess you'll never have to worry about this. lol
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Sounds like I'm ready to go hit Everest... ive been training on a high fat diet and moving slow for years. I might even have 200,000 calories packed away and ready for extreme feats of climbing!

I think its more than gorging on texas BBQ, if we goggle around on Metabolic efficiency

" Metabolic Efficiency, in brief, means improving the body's ability to use its energy stores more efficiently through proper nutrition and exercise implementation strategies. The body stores very few carbohydrates and an abundance of fat. Through proper daily nutrition and exercise, the body can be trained to use both more efficiently. "

I hung out with an ultra runner/coach for a weekend, he was telling me the key was to train to burn fat and he had it down to the science, buddy skied 40kms/climbed 30,000 ft in <13hrs doing Hammer gels and Hammer perpetuem
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sure was an interesting read. Fascinating stuff.

It's been a while since I listened to this Blister podcast about Mike McKnight running 100 miles on zero calories. I think there are some similarities in diet and training strategy. Kudos to all the guys and gals pushing limits and testing alternative diet and training systems.

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/t...calories-ep-51
    Master of mediocrity.

N=1 already elite athlete attempting a feat very few individuals will ever be in danger of attempting.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Up hill athlete has some good stuff but it’s also a bunch of skinny weak dudes.

Sorry - what is interesting about this --
    that he went full Keto?

I was reading up on training strategies for road biking earlier this summer when I still thought I might get to do some events, and I came across similar advice around going slow to go fast, and that you should do a lot of training in Zone 2. I found it kind of hard to believe...all I know is banging my head against the wall...but I guess there's something to it. Good read, thanks for sharing.

I'm actually going to give this a try on my trip to big bear next month. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I was reading up on training strategies for road biking earlier this summer when I still thought I might get to do some events, and I came across similar advice around going slow to go fast, and that you should do a lot of training in Zone 2. I found it kind of hard to believe...all I know is banging my head against the wall...but I guess there's something to it. Good read, thanks for sharing.
    I am trying to discipline myself to spend more time in zone 2 this season. I had read articles about doing more easy efforts but always found it hard to rein it in on bike rides.

FWIW - I did the Keto thing for 60 days last year. For about a week I felt like I was in that Keto zone of burning fat and not needing much in the way of gels or energy bars on longer rides. Then after I burned off 10 lbs of fat, I found the diet didn't work so great for me. Felt sluggish and just couldn't get into the top end "gear" for hard efforts.

But from that experience it was amazing how fast the weight came off. Just not a diet that would be permanent lifestyle change. I need my carbs!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

So, fill your pockets with bacon instead of English muffins at the hotel breakfast buffet?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    So, fill your pockets with bacon instead of English muffins at the hotel breakfast buffet?
    Do they still have breakfast buffets? I thought they went extinct with the COVID?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    N=1 already elite athlete attempting a feat very few individuals will ever be in danger of attempting.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Up hill athlete has some good stuff but it’s also a bunch of skinny weak dudes.
    Correct about N=1.
    When N=100, then we can see the pros and cons.
    Sir Hillary used mint candy at regular intervals.
    Apparently the stuff is so delicious that they actually had a shortage to meet all the others climbers wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Do they still have breakfast buffets? I thought they went extinct with the COVID?
    Check with Benny.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjamin-stone-1265717a

This is the guy to talk to if you are really serious about this stuff.

Thank you.