Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    lol. Yeah as others have said, none of the stuff you mentioned is remotely close to ready.

Haflin is the fucking tits and if you can rustle a shuttle it's probably the best thing running right now.

Self-shuttled Haflin. Good lord that was worth it. If these meatball sandwiches are half decent, it’ll be a five star day. Expect I’ll be back again for the full Durango experience Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685827806.047204.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	460782

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Phil’s World is the answer.
    No, it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Horse Gulch is a fantastic trail system, especially for in-town. But it can get hotter than Satan's nutsack up there this time of year.
    Rereading through this thread because I'm thinking about heading up to Durango.
    I'm officially calling dibs on one of the alltime greatest names for a trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Rereading through this thread because I'm thinking about heading up to Durango.
    I'm officially calling dibs on one of the alltime greatest names for a trail.
    I’ll be racing gravel in Telluride on Sat, but might be able to ride something in town on Sunday. We could ride bikes and talk about chain queso. I’m pro queso.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I’ll be racing gravel in Telluride on Sat, but might be able to ride something in town on Sunday. We could ride bikes and talk about chain queso. I’m pro queso.

We won't make it out this weekend but will definitely reach out when we do.
    Based on your experience, when will the higher stuff clear up?
    Also, last time we came out we camped at a dispersed site off 160 about halfway between Durango and Bayfield (Durfield BLM).
    Know any dispersed sites closer to town?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Sounds like the high country stuff is gonna be into July. The Cascade/Coal Bank zone got absolutely hammered this winter. There might be some out/back options going before then in EMT and Molas, but the big point to points are gonna be a while. It’s staying chilly up there and the snow is taking it’s time.
    I’m don’t know if any other easy dispersed camping by town. You have to rattle up at least 8miles and a bunch of vert of washboard to get to dispersed zones on Junction Creek and Missionary.
    There might be some options off 160 between DGO and Mancos that aren’t any closer, but maybe more scenic.

Must-Do Rides in Durango Area?

Lemon and Vallecito Reservoirs offer campground and dispersed camping options. We had a nice weekend camping and riding (mostly gravel) around Vallecito. Up to 10k and up looks fine, though muddy now after a good soaker last night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1686149598.583516.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	461177

Name:	Image1686149634.119062.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	461178

Name:	Image1686149666.664053.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	474.6 KB 
ID:	461179

Name:	Image1686149689.101062.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	461180

On CR 240 at mile marker 8, the bridge is out ‘until the 16th’, requiring a detour from the lakes to town.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    There might be some options off 160 between DGO and Mancos that aren’t any closer, but maybe more scenic.
    There are but most are closer to Mancos than DGO. La Plata Canyon is the closest to DGO and super pretty, but has limited dispersed sites and the upper reaches won't be accessible for some time as one of the big paths ran D5 this year just above La Plata City.

Further towards Mancos, a lot of the stuff down lower (closer to the highway) gets a decent amount of traffic from the transient population while going up higher is more scenic and less crowded. There's some great camping above Mancos on the west side of the La Platas for sure and is in proximity to lots of adventure riding (janky moto trails). Roxtar or anyone else, feel free to PM for beta.