Thread: Lemonade Stands

Lemonade Stands

Some years ago here, Benny noted that the lemonade stands on his normal bike route through the affluent suburbs of SW CT were redundant as the parents could more than afford the few shekels their offspring were raking in at the end of their 500' driveways. To which I countered that this was not so much as a way to accumulate ice cream money, but a way to develop the capitalist instinct in their offspring, much as an adult orca bites off the flippers of seal, therby allowing its calf to experience the thrill of the kill.

Now there's this...
    https://www.countrytimebailout.com/
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

This -
    By entering this promotion, Kraft Heinz Foods Company and its portfolio of brands may send me information and offers.

It's a data fishing ploy.

As a youngster I had an lemonade stand once.
    If I see one I always try and stop and support. But one thing, I always ask if it is real lemonade. I won't drink that artificial crap.

I had an uncle who worked for a magnet factory. Whenever I would go to his house, he would give me a shitload of odd shaped little magnets. When I was in 2d grade, maybe, I took the magnets to school and sold them to my friends. A nickel here, a dime there... My teacher discovered my enterprise, allowed all of the kids to keep the magnets, made me turn over the proceeds and buy pizza for the class. I was a rockstar for a day, although it was embarrassing being called out in front of all the kids and having my parents notified that I was an entrepreneur at the age of 7.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Well, Daddy just got bailed out at the bank, or the airline, or, wherever, so, hey, why not? Capitalism!

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    If I see one I always try and stop and support. But one thing, I always ask if it is real lemonade. I won't drink that artificial crap.
    Do you live near SW CT? There are a few stands serving hand squeezed Meyer lemon and pure cane sugar lemonade. The ice cubes are triple filtered from a Meneghini refrigerator.

You forgot the decorative sprig of mint.

Wrong refreshment but thanks for the inspiration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200716_215431.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	993.9 KB 
ID:	334852

Friend of mine regifted that to me a long time ago.
    Use it every summer since.

My kids did one out front about a week ago. I didn't think they'd get 1 customer, based on our location and covid. They made $21 is like 2 hours.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Wrong refreshment but thanks for the inspiration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200716_215431.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	993.9 KB 
ID:	334852

Friend of mine regifted that to me a long time ago.
    Use it every summer since.
    No reason that can't be sold at a stand.