Genesis JetBoil heat dial fix?

What's up mags. Last year one of the plastic dials came off/snapped off the outer burner on my JetBoil genesis base camp thingy and now only runs at full gas. Other burner can barely run at all beyond a simmer.

I haven't been able to get any pliers to turn the pin (circled) that would normally be turned by the plastic dial (intact one is higher in the pic). JB says I can only send it in for inspection.

Is there any hacks to get this pin to rotate so I can modulate the flame, or some kind of Coleman replacement part I could put on there?

Thanks

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Dumb question but, have you already tried to get Jetboil warranty help?

**Edit** - that was a dumb question. My only thought would be gluing a paperclip to the knob to make it hand-turnable. Good luck man.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Dumb question but, have you already tried to get Jetboil warranty help?

**Edit** - that was a dumb question. My only thought would be gluing a paperclip to the knob to make it hand-turnable. Good luck man.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm... interesting idea! Had not thought of that. Will give it a whirl!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Can you grind a slot in the end or grind a couple sides flat for more purchase? Or will the whole assembly come out so you can close it from the inside and use the other burner?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Can you grind a slot in the end or grind a couple sides flat for more purchase? Or will the whole assembly come out so you can close it from the inside and use the other burner?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    yeah so if i was doing it i would grind two slots offset from one another (to allow the paperclip to torque against the knob shaft) and then use a fuckton of glue.

Drill a 1/32 hole + paperclip?

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Drill a 1/32 hole + paperclip?
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yeah so if i was doing it i would grind two slots offset from one another (to allow the paperclip to torque against the knob shaft) and then use a fuckton of glue.
    Will give this a whammy! Thanks y'all!