Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best Vacuum Cleaner Evah

Damn. I've owned Rainbows, Kirbys, and Hoovers. But last night I bought a Bissell PowerForce Helix for $50 at WalMart and was blown away. I have never seen a vacuum pull pet hair and dirt out of a carpet like this thing. It almost feels like it's raking every fiber the way a shampoo unit would. Fucking thing beats the holy hell out of that $1300 Kirby my wife talked me into buying. I guess this thing has some ultra high consumer reports rating, too. But most of all - the price!

What, no Dyson's?

Nope. I was waiting for this one.
    Though I've thought about Dysons about a hundred times or more.
    But they don't make no $50 Dysons.

I've always opted for the canister style as I have shag carpet on the walls of my 1960's themed sex den. Is this thing light enough to do walls too?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

So you’re saying the bissell totally sucks? Good to know. Our 17 yr old dyson will die at some point.

Holy Ridley Scott alien abortion!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I've always opted for the canister style as I have shag carpet on the walls of my 1960's themed sex den. Is this thing light enough to do walls too?
    LOL, My brother in law moved into a house about 20 years ago with carpet on the walls, but it was some old folks that owned it so not a sex den, just what they thought was stylish or maybe had some extra from a floor install. Good lord that was ugly.

I got the same vacuum (or an ancestor of it) years ago because consumer reports told me to. Indeed it rocks.

I've been buying the cheep ass $50 bissell for about 20 years from wal mart.

Sure that dyson or wTF is a great machine. Have at it. I'm laughin all the way tot he bank.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Best Vacuum Cleaner Review Evah...

Also might be in the running for Best Unboxing Video Evah
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Good luck with that. Bissel is good. I have a few Miele's. Never a problem. 300-1200Watts. No mess bag. You will never own another.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6872.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	639.9 KB 
ID:	334681
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Our last vacuum died in May (re-badged Hoover upright that was old enough that we couldn't get replacement bits anymore). We got a Dyson Animal II to replace it...most expensive vacuum we've ever owned. We figured it's returnable if it doesn't live up to the hype of most powerful vac on the market.

Two points of note in using it thus far:

1) lots of finicky plastic engineered moving bits -- if you are hard on stuff or ignore usage instructions figuring you'll just click shit together as you go, you might reconsider this device choice. We are pretty good about taking care of stuff, but the fussiness was noticed pretty quickly. That said all the connecty bits all had very positive connections and seemed substantial once connected. Despite all the plastic, this is a heavy unit and might challenge frail grandmas if it needs to be carried from one floor to another. The maneuverability in use is actually quite easy despite the weight.

2) it really does suck way harder than any other vacuum we've ever had. As dog parents to two very fluffy shedders, we have never had a vacuum that we've deemed reasonably effective on pet fur. We just chalked it up to: tough shit, we have fur to deal with constantly. But this thing is really quite good at sucking fur out of carpet fibers. We've got everything from hardwoods to concrete to carpet tile to deep pile to loose laid woven rugs to rubberized walk-off mats. The lighter loose rugs need a deft touch to keep them from getting sucked in the unit, but I can live with that.

Overall pretty happy with the gawdily priced purchase thus far...durability will be seen over time, but so far so good

Glad to see some of you relate to what I'm talking about.
    Looking like one of the best fitties ever spent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Good luck with that. Bissel is good. I have a few Miele's. Never a problem. 300-1200Watts. No mess bag. You will never own another.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6872.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	639.9 KB 
ID:	334681
    This. Had one before the fire and now on after. Likely the last sucker I'll have to buy, sans fires.

Dyson's suck figuratively, not literally.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hey Miele Bros - how do you keep from wearing out the hose fittings prematurely? Vacuum's great but all the connectors on all the attachments are like melting sugar candy.

I am still rocking a Kenmore Whispertone canister from 1987. Can the current Kenmores be trusted? Are they still sold anywhere now that Sears is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I am still rocking a Kenmore Whispertone canister from 1987. Can the current Kenmores be trusted? Are they still sold anywhere now that Sears is gone?
    Sears is gone?
    Nobody told the Sears store less than 5 miles from my house the news as they are still very much in business.

Also, Sears online presence seems rather strong (as opposed to gone...):
    https://www.sears.com/appliances-vac...VisNav_Vacuums

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Take the rotating brush off a Kirby and attach a hose to use it as an excellent car vac.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Our last vacuum died in May (re-badged Hoover upright that was old enough that we couldn't get replacement bits anymore). We got a Dyson Animal II to replace it...most expensive vacuum we've ever owned. We figured it's returnable if it doesn't live up to the hype of most powerful vac on the market.

Two points of note in using it thus far:

1) lots of finicky plastic engineered moving bits -- if you are hard on stuff or ignore usage instructions figuring you'll just click shit together as you go, you might reconsider this device choice. We are pretty good about taking care of stuff, but the fussiness was noticed pretty quickly. That said all the connecty bits all had very positive connections and seemed substantial once connected. Despite all the plastic, this is a heavy unit and might challenge frail grandmas if it needs to be carried from one floor to another. The maneuverability in use is actually quite easy despite the weight.

2) it really does suck way harder than any other vacuum we've ever had. As dog parents to two very fluffy shedders, we have never had a vacuum that we've deemed reasonably effective on pet fur. We just chalked it up to: tough shit, we have fur to deal with constantly. But this thing is really quite good at sucking fur out of carpet fibers. We've got everything from hardwoods to concrete to carpet tile to deep pile to loose laid woven rugs to rubberized walk-off mats. The lighter loose rugs need a deft touch to keep them from getting sucked in the unit, but I can live with that.

Overall pretty happy with the gawdily priced purchase thus far...durability will be seen over time, but so far so good
    Frail grandmas....so no good for Iceman
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Hey Miele Bros - how do you keep from wearing out the hose fittings prematurely? Vacuum's great but all the connectors on all the attachments are like melting sugar candy.
    Not understanding. Do you mean the rubberized handles and stuff? Never had any issue other than cosmetic and wife related.

I have two Dyson's; one of the originals and one of the newer Animal's. The old one is less plasticy and the fit and finish seems better. But the newer Animal model seems more powerful. Sucks dog hair out of tightly woven couch fibers with relative ease.

I can't imagine ever going back to a vacuum that needs a bag. So easy to take it out to the garbage and empty the hair on the Dyson's.

No love for the Electrolux?

. . .

The Bissell is an easy release canister, too.

Plus, former Powder writer and current Chamonix guide Nate Wallace is heir to the Bissell fortune, I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Sears is gone?
    Nobody told the Sears store less than 5 miles from my house the news as they are still very much in business.

Also, Sears online presence seems rather strong (as opposed to gone...):
    https://www.sears.com/appliances-vac...VisNav_Vacuums

Really? The 3 stores in my metro area all were shut down permanently when I looked a couple months ago. I heard there will only be 95 stores soon.