Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mieles are really nice if you have allergies in the house. The bag seals everything in so it's not an allergen explosion every time you empty or vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Tile walls and floors, with a sloping floor leading to a drain for easy hose out.

Classy.
    Captain Bob?
    You need only live one day in Teton county to vote

Back to the vacuums. The only dyson that works is the stick

Great for hardwood floor cleanup
    . . .

the hands down sketchiest bar I have ever been in was the Sunrise hotel on the downtown eastside of vancover and it had all weather carpet on the walls
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Best Vacuum Cleaner Evah

Always interested in Dyson....but get scared off by price....so I have been getting some Shark products...been happy with them.

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    How many pet do you have? and what are those preciouses? I have two dogs and for the hairs they shed, I also take service from a helix like you do. Anyway, do you know the bissell have dog bathing equipment too? since you love bissell helix like me, thought you'd be interested in this too. Its called bissell bark bath. Actually I didn't know about this either until landed on a website promoting them on the internet. I do not remember the url right now, I will leave it here i remember.

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by alexshawn210 View Post
    How many pet do you have? and what are those preciouses? I have two dogs and for the hairs they shed, I also take service from a helix like you do. Anyway, do you know the bissell have dog bathing equipment too? since you love bissell helix like me, thought you'd be interested in this too. Its called bissell bark bath. Actually I didn't know about this either until landed on a website promoting them on the internet. I do not remember the url right now, I will leave it here i remember.
    Found it.
    https://homeztale.com/bissell-bark-bath-review/

So ms. MT constantly bitches that I make due with teh $50 bissell from wal mart, and if it breaks in a year fine. She is going on about how we bought a 2nd property that came with a bunch of shit including a shark upright and a dyson and she is beside herself. I told her I'll be sure to bury her with a brand new dyson at her side should I survive.

After saying that, the odds are not good I'll survive.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by alexshawn210 View Post
    Wow. Thanks. My white dog loves to lay in the dirt, especially after a bath. And he's a supershedder event at the same time.

A few weeks ago, we got a Shark vacuum, a pet something or other. It is better in nearly every measure than the Dyson it replaced. More importantly, it was like $350...but then 40% off...plus Kohl's cash...plus some labor day special in store blahblahblah purchase.

It ended up being appx $120 or something. I guess what I'm saying is: shop around (or don't pat attention when when your wife comes home with bags from Kohls).
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Vacuum cleaners belong in the shut that annoys me thread. Why do most hoses have a hard right angle? Is it there to intentionally trap shit permanently? Our Shark is no exception. A receipt got caught in the bend and became a flapper valve. One doesn't always notice right away. It still sucks some stuff up. The suction decreases slowly enough that by the time it becomes useless as a vacuum cleaner half the hose is full. All because if that stupid fucking bend. If it serves a purpose, fine, but make a way to clean it out easily. When the kids were little the vacuum hose killers were small socks.

My Miele left with the ex. No way I'm dropping that kind of coin again for a vacuum. I got a cordless Shark. Mostly works OK, decent price and interest free financing. Agreed on the right angles and shit. No pets in the house anymore, but it doesn't really like the long-fiber rugs too much.

Cordless was a game changer for me, and my floors are kept much cleaner without fussy cords.

I'm wondering what the cordless equivalent of the $50 Walmart Bissel is?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Good luck with that. Bissel is good. I have a few Miele's. Never a problem. 300-1200Watts. No mess bag. You will never own another.
    Attachment 334681
    Last edited by oftpiste; 10-05-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

we have an Oreck that's about 15 years old and works fine. thing's been used hard, too.

Put a central vac in the new place and I don't think I'd spend that money again, I don't get it. Lugging the giant hose around, plus you still need the attachments, plus you have to go to the basement to empty the cannister, plus it's gotten clogged twice in 3 years, I'm not a big fan.

Is Filter Queen still around? A girl in high school had that as a nickname.

Yup. Visiting Dad and just used his 50yr old filter queen. He remembers balking at spending $350 for it. That's almost $2500 in 2020 ducats. From the filter queen site, looks like I could buy a modern replacement one for $2000CAD (+tx)

you could probably buy a used or reconditioned filter queen or any of the classics from an actual vacum store as opposed to a door to door salesperson for a lot cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you could probably buy a used or reconditioned filter queen or any of the classics from an actual vacum store as opposed to a door to door salesperson for a lot cheaper
    They still sell vacuums door to door in Canada? How about encyclopedias?

come to think of it I havent seen any recntly

Canadians rent vacuums

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    Is Filter Queen still around? A girl in high school had that as a nickname.
    Could she suck the chrome off a bumper? A golfball through a garden hose? Was she a Catholic girl?

ah good, you got the joke

We bought a refurbished Simplicity a few years ago for $350. Seems comparable to the Mieles. Sucks great. Built like a tank - can also be used to bludgeon intruders.