WTB Retired Climbing Rope

Im looking for a used climbing rope for some various uses (think belaying a raft down some sketchy shit). Anyone have something laying around? The Jackson Hole, Victor, Driggs area greatly preferred for local pickup...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Just curious why you would want a climbing rope for that. It is going to get wet and heavy. Cheap poly rope works much better.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Still use mine for tying off to paint the house and climb on the roof. Sketchy AF though.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Just curious why you would want a climbing rope for that. It is going to get wet and heavy. Cheap poly rope works much better.
    I am not a fan of cheap poly rope, I have used it in these situations and much prefer a chunk of old climbing rope. And, in the particular use I am thinking it wont get wet. I will be using it to access the river, not when in the river.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I have a 70m dry treated you're welcome to have for free but I'm in SLC (this rope is ~10 years old and frayed at one end so if anyone else gets any ideas, it should not be climbed on, but for what you're describing I'm sure it's fine)

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I have a 70m dry treated you're welcome to have for free but I'm in SLC (this rope is ~10 years old and frayed at one end so if anyone else gets any ideas, it should not be climbed on, but for what you're describing I'm sure it's fine)
    Thanks I think I found some, but I still may take you up on it when I get to Salt Lake... One can never have to many spares

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Thanks I think I found some, but I still may take you up on it when I get to Salt Lake... One can never have to many spares
    no worries, hit me up whenever

How much weight? 5 or 6mm accessory cord would probably do it, yet be thick enough to work in a belay device designed for skinny ropes.