View Poll Results: Is the 20/21 ski/ride season over?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it's cancelled, we are hosed!

56 21.54%
  • Only if we start putting up statures of Dr. Fauci

12 4.62%
  • I've cancelled my plans on travel, but still hope my local will open.

89 34.23%
  • Full steam ahead, I wear a mask when I ski/ride.

103 39.62%
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1306
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's a funny thing you just typed. As though present day Victor would exist if it wasn't for the Jackson economy.
    I sold my place on Indian Paintbrush in Wilson five years ago and built the place in Victor. Maybe you’re the guy cutting my grass? Sucks being a lawyer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^Wow, you haven't skied the village in 17 years...

Plenty of lodging in the village in the 80's besides the Wilson's.

Crystal Springs lodge/7 Levels Inn, Alpenhof Lodge, and The Sojourner come to mind.

Tram doesn't get to the top in 9, wish it did. They run it at less than max rpms 98% of the time. It's set up to go faster between towers then slow for the roll over on the tower, but they never do that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skiing in JH is gonna be good this winter. Better than the last two seasons fo sho.
    We're not gonna shut down, be busy or low tide.
    Sorry. I haven’t been on the new box. Don’t know as much about it as you do. How many rolls of toilet paper do you load into the stalls everyday at the resort?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifty@50 View Post
    I sold my place on Indian Paintbrush in Wilson five years ago and built the place in Victor. Maybe you’re the guy cutting my grass? Sucks being a lawyer...

I see you went with "be a douche and turn the thread into a shitshow".

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    So’d you guys all go to dental school after law school?
    No, I made plenty of money as a lawyer advising companies on how to offshore. I lived in Hamilton Bermuda for four years helping companies establish tax havens through reverse mergers. What did you do with your GED?

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    I see you went with "be a douche and turn the thread into a shitshow".
    Can’t handle it? Don’t go throwing shit if you don’t want a shit show.

No, I made plenty of money as a lawyer advising companies on how to offshore. I lived in Hamilton Bermuda for four years helping companies establish tax havens through reverse mergers.
    You're bragging about this? You should be apologizing.

they’re just giving you shit which is 101 here.
    and not everyone here is a waiter so you’re embarrassing yourself with that talk.
    We’ve got plenty of very successful people here which includes successful ski bums.
    the Jackson/TV crew has a ton of fun skiing together so maybe chill out and check out the Jackson thread
    skid luxury

Effect/Affect whatever it take.

Jesus folks you would think there is some stress in your lives or something. Sorry I brought it up but I will not be dickpunching myself.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I have a BA in English from Berkeley and y’all need to STFU with this effect / affect nonsense. Jesus.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Then vs. Than

If we all wear masks, than we can go skiing?

If we all wear masks, then we can go skiing?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Imagine taking grammer this seriously

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I have a BA in English from Berkeley and y’all need to STFU with this effect / affect nonsense. Jesus.
    Did you occupy the Student Union building?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Did you occupy the Student Union building?
    Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Defiantly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What's everyone's opinion on impact vs. affect? Personally, cant stand it when people say something was impacted by something, when they really mean affected. Right? I have a B.A. in English, btw. Just sayin.

Are House is one of my favorite songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on impact vs. affect? Personally, cant stand it when people say something was impacted by something, when they really mean affected. Right? I have a B.A. in English, btw. Just sayin.
    I will be certain to use that in my next post directed towards you.

Something like, "how are you impacted by your constipation?"

I didn’t throw any shit. I actually wrote a pretty mellow comment explaining that you shouldn’t take it personally because they do it to everyone but are actually good guys when it comes down to it. It’s amusing to watch you get angrier and angrier though.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im still abiding the revolution and winnins

once the pandemics over a select few can touch me again
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Sorry. I haven’t been on the new box. Don’t know as much about it as you do. How many rolls of toilet paper do you load into the stalls everyday at the resort?

Lifty -

Dj is about as Real as they come around here -

one of the principles I try to keep in mind here is,
    "don't feed the trolls" --

like Dj, there are some very cool people here who provide "stoke" about snowsports and adventure - and sometimes, just the adventure of Life
    ( the 'Jackson (2019-20) thread has been suggested;
    I could suggest a few others
    ( Just a dog. a pic or two... ))

if you are just here to try to promote yourself,
    you may believe 'it is great being a lawyer' - that is not what this place is about - Sorry dude...

I hope you have something positive to contribute -

I have come to know some great Good people through the pages of these forums and the stories they have shared...

Be well -
    ( please) Be safe...

( peace ) skiJ

No, I made plenty of money as a lawyer advising companies on how to offshore. I lived in Hamilton Bermuda for four years helping companies establish tax havens through reverse mergers. What did you do with your GED?

Oh so your were scum of the scum? Got it. You'll go really far I'm this place...good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    exactly. A lot of those landlords bought that ski-town condo under the assumption that it would be leased 100% of the time and they cannot afford it without the tenants rent money paying the mortgage. Same with STRs... a lot of folks bought them but can only afford the mortgage if it has +75% occupancy through AirBNB/VRBO.
    I've seen 7 bedroom luxury houses offering to rent to seasonal workers if they can muster a group of roomies to sign the lease.

The seasonal rental demand is off the charts right now. Many second homeowners are declaring primary in their mountain condos. TONS of remote workers are renting places for the season. I encounter them on the bike trails all the time "I just moved here from Minneapolis or SanFran or NYC, can you tell me where the good trails are?" "What do you do?" "Oh I'm working remote for my highly paid big city professional job. I just signed a 6mo lease"

Meanwhile the local facebook housing pages are a complete deluge of mid/low wage seasonal workers begging for a place to rent.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Nice thread drift, keep the laughs coming.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by HammySlapwagons View Post
    Imagine taking grammer this seriously
    being intelligent is over rated every clown wants to think they are the smartest person in the room smart people can go fuck themselves

k
    nothing wrong with a ged asshole somepeople just aren't cut out for school

I get my morning bagel at Pearl Street and head for Glory. And ski ON the pass. You happy? I’m sure I have many more miles on a skin track than you. Maybe because I’ve been doing it for 30+ years.

k
    welcome to tgr while you were a d bag lawyer on some island somwhere I was getting after it livign the good life
    the bagel is so touching way to crush the skin track

and back to the orginal thread, ski season is full on here in summit county
    loveland was blowing snow yesterday afternoon like some people blow smoke out there ass

loveland was blowing snow yesterday afternoon like some people blow smoke out their ass