View Poll Results: Is the 20/21 ski/ride season over?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it's cancelled, we are hosed!

56 21.54%
  • Only if we start putting up statures of Dr. Fauci

12 4.62%
  • I've cancelled my plans on travel, but still hope my local will open.

89 34.23%
  • Full steam ahead, I wear a mask when I ski/ride.

103 39.62%
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1306
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Shit, CO blowing up with cases and >5% positivity. Utah even worse. If we go back to Level 1, does that mean ski resorts can’t open?
    lol no have you been paying attention at all?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^I for one would love to see their plan for ensuring that young healthy people do not infect the not-so-young & not-so-healthy.
    I think that plan is on the same bookshelf as the new healthcare plan...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	empty_Bookshelf.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	343443

There will be a time when the effected State will have to consider the public’s risk from COVID vs. economic depression. With the outdoor nature of skiing and limiting indoor activities, resorts should be able to stay open. Keep in mind that the pressure from international visitors will be greatly reduced this year due to travel restrictions to and from the EU, Asia and Australia. That should take down the daily attendance. Be prepared to sit on a port-a-potty.

Limited indoor activity? Are the lifties and trollers just going to gear up out of the car? And any travel restrictions from the EU will be inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifty@50 View Post
    There will be a time when the effected State will have to consider the public’s risk from COVID vs. economic depression. With the outdoor nature of skiing and limiting indoor activities, resorts should be able to stay open. Keep in mind that the pressure from international visitors will be greatly reduced this year due to travel restrictions to and from the EU, Asia and Australia. That should take down the daily attendance. Be prepared to sit on a port-a-potty.
    Or a wag bag. I’m thinking of taking a shit in the woods behind each mountain’s snow stake.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Or a wag bag. I’m thinking of taking a shit in the woods behind each mountain’s snow stake.
    Shovel, Beacon, Probe and TP. Tree wells may have a new purpose this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pssst, it is affected, not effected. No wonder you are a lifty @ 50.....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Pssst, it is affected, not effected. No wonder you are a lifty @ 50.....
    Sorry dude... Effected means brought about, brought into being when used as a verb. ... Affected can be used as a past tense verb that means influenced or changed. It can also be used as an adjective to refer to a noun that has been affected (the affected body part).

Just busting the balls of a JONG. Welcome to the party.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

gonna be interesting if the resort season shuts down and all those lifties and cafe workers and parking attendants are suddenly without jobs but stuck in leases in expensive ski towns.

With the infection totals and positivity rates rising at a record pace, things are starting to look grim. Resorts and mega pass companies will continue send upbeat messages that point to a well managed and successful season, right up until the time comes that they shut everything down. Once one shuts down, the resorts will all follow suit. Fauci says that it looks like there may be a vaccine generally available in April 2021. Until such time, ski resorts, like other businesses, face unique and very challenging problems. I would like to say that I would be surprised if resorts stay open past Jan. 15, but I won't be. It seems that we have comfortably settled into the stride where businesses will remain open at the risk of peril of the patron. It all comes down to how averse to risk an individual is. This includes employees, as well as patrons.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    gonna be interesting if the resort season shuts down and all those lifties and cafe workers and parking attendants are suddenly without jobs but stuck in leases in expensive ski towns.
    lol... they can just walk away. What, is the landlord going to sue someone who's dead broke for breach of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    lol... they can just walk away. What, is the landlord going to sue someone who's dead broke for breach of contract?
    exactly. A lot of those landlords bought that ski-town condo under the assumption that it would be leased 100% of the time and they cannot afford it without the tenants rent money paying the mortgage. Same with STRs... a lot of folks bought them but can only afford the mortgage if it has +75% occupancy through AirBNB/VRBO.

Sorry dude... Effected means brought about, brought into being when used as a verb. ... Affected can be used as a past tense verb that means influenced or changed. It can also be used as an adjective to refer to a noun that has been affected (the affected body part).

Are you still thinking your usage was correct? It's not. You used "effected" as an adjective. Which it is not. JONG!

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Are you still thinking your usage was correct? It's not. You used "effected" as an adjective. Which it is not. JONG!
    I just checked with my wife who has a BA in English and Romance Languages from Harvard ‘94, Dudley House, and she said that either use is acceptable in how it’s used in my sentence structure. She’s much smarter than me. I just have a JD from Villanova ‘88. I thought this is a ski forum and not some kind of online tutorial in English.

your wife is being nice so she doesn't have to deal with you later. you used the wrong word. not that it matters.

this is a ski forum where people are often as abrasive as possible just to amuse themselves. count how many times you get called Jong per post. It's just how it is around here. You can either ignore it, retaliate and turn every thread you participate in into a shit show, or go to Pugski or something.

FWIW, when it comes down to it and actually matters, people are super helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    exactly. A lot of those landlords bought that ski-town condo under the assumption that it would be leased 100% of the time and they cannot afford it without the tenants rent money paying the mortgage. Same with STRs... a lot of folks bought them but can only afford the mortgage if it has +75% occupancy through AirBNB/VRBO.
    Places like Jackson, Victor and Driggs may have some attractively priced housing stock next Spring if the local resorts close down mid-season. Let’s hope the resorts can ride this out.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

yeah, except lost deposits and evictions do have an effect. might not matter to trust funders, but can make things difficult for some folks.

Warriner's.. Affect - action, effect - result. UCLA '86 BA in babes and beer.

paging ogre

I can’t pick on you, because you graduated from a catholic law school. I almost went to Villanova, but chose SHU instead. It was totally a geographic choice for me. Gotta love the big east in the late ‘80s. I’ll never forget the Wildcats winning the national title. You had some ballers on that team
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Places like Jackson, Victor and Driggs may have some attractively priced housing stock next Spring if the local resorts close down mid-season. Let’s hope the resorts can ride this out.

Yeah doubtful. Victor and Driggs aren't guaranteed, but Jackson (and Wyoming in general) have been a tax shelter for the .1% since long before the ski resort mattered.
    Live Free or Die

I just have a JD from Villanova ‘88.
    I was in college just a few stops down the Paoli local at the same time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Warriner's.. Affect - action, effect - result. UCLA '86 BA in babes and beer.
    The Horse is now officially whipped to death. BTW: I started off in your major and couldn’t handle the rigors of the course work. Wound up with a Poli Sci (bus boy) degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I was in college just a few stops down the Paoli local at the same time.
    St. Joe’s?