View Poll Results: Is the 20/21 ski/ride season over?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it's cancelled, we are hosed!

56 21.54%
  • Only if we start putting up statures of Dr. Fauci

12 4.62%
  • I've cancelled my plans on travel, but still hope my local will open.

89 34.23%
  • Full steam ahead, I wear a mask when I ski/ride.

103 39.62%
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    So Chase - does a pedestrian hit by a car die of jaywalking, the driver running through a yellow light, the impact with the car, or the internal injuries?

Damn, son, you got no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    So Chase - does a pedestrian hit by a car die of jaywalking, the driver running through a yellow light, the impact with the car, or the internal injuries?

the pedestrian had diabetes and obesity, so clearly it wasn't the car that killed him.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Not the message he was sharing with the public, not that it will make a bit of difference to his supporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    Here you go buddy. I understand the googles can be difficult for boomers. jk

https://fsi.stanford.edu/news/corona...eadly-they-say

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-...ay-11585088464

But seriously, this is just one of many articles out there if you just look. I don't see any reason to believe what the government is telling us, and that goes for liberals or conservatives. Each have their own ox to gore.
    Those are from March, FFS. You have to be trolling.

"The Tapes" is uh... kinda vague even if one is keeping up with current events.
    try to keep up, buddy. open google news. then go away, your position on this matter is shit.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    . He had a pre-existing condition.
    according to your original source, which you apparently didn't read too closely: "The child did not have any known underlying health conditions." I know, the difference between did and did not is hard.

I waited until yesterday to buy season passes for the family at the local bump, not really sure if there was going to be a reservation system in place or what. Hill came out today with their plans which lacked details but was basically more outdoor seating, some port o potties by the lifts and a to go window for the cafeteria. Will see how it goes.but I live close and can always go at off peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    according to your original source, which you apparently didn't read too closely: "The child did not have any known underlying health conditions." I know, the difference between did and did not is hard.
    You're going to want to dig a little deeper. Don't base everything off one article I randomly selected off the interwebs. Sorry, I'm not going to spoon feed it to you, which is what seems to be the problem. You seem to accept at face value anything you read in the news. Truth is never that simple.

You're going to want to dig a little deeper. Don't base everything off one article I randomly selected off the interwebs. Sorry, I'm not going to spoon feed it to you, which is what seems to be the problem. You seem to accept at face value anything you read in the news. Truth is never that simple.
    Pot, meet kettle.

#Q, bruh.

Sorry, but your post is just more fear mongering...

CDC released updated numbers just last week. Death rate has been grossly exaggerated. Not to mention, the countless misclassifications: auto accidents, drownings, homicides, suicides, terminally ill, heart attacks, etc... all considered Covid deaths is the victim tested positive post mortem.

Covid is real and is a serious threat to people with underlying conditions. This is nothing new. But for the vast majority of the population, it's a minimal threat.
    Listen, I'll pre-apologize for being abrupt, but, you earned it. As someone who is board certified in infection control and epidemiology, I get really tired of dealing with the cadre of WikiGoogle University of Internet Expertise grads. But I can't blame anyone for failure to spot the bad journalism: Massive media misrepresentation (or misunderstanding) regarding the CDC epi data.

The "updated" CDC data the news was referring to is death certificate data stating associated conditions that may be proximate or contributory, including those that may be caused by the ultimate cause of death and those that might be preexisting. If you look at the data, it is mostly a listing of associated conditions CAUSED BY COVID-19! Patient died of acute respiratory failure secondary to pneumonia tertiary to COVID-19, the COVID-19 is responsible and is the ultimate cause of death even if you wish to describe these other clinical processes as the proximate cause of death.

Example: Cardiac Arrest is an associated condition with COVID-19 deaths per death certificates. Now, unless zombies are getting COVID, cardiac arrest wasn't a preexisting condition.

Perhaps some fault lies with the CDC for not having an explanation on their data analytics page for medical laymen. But, outside of this whole politicization of COVID, data like this is normally looked at by medical professionals who understand context, not a bunch or reporters and bloggers looking for their GOTCHA moment of confirmation bias.

People like you want it to be so. Well, hell, I want it to be, but it isn't. I also want people trying to write a news story about this to have an understanding of what death certificates actually say and how they are filled out. For those that do understand, the marvel of the CDC data is that 6% of physicians filling out deaths certificates for COVID patients were in too much of a hurry to write any promixate causes! Maybe a 6% defect rate is not so bad?

Example for CAP:
    Name:  covid death certificate example.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  73.1 KB

See? Now you won't fall for the tobacco company telling you that smoking hardly kills anyone because these supposed smoking deaths actually just die of respiratory failure caused by lung cancer and COPD.

Now, as to contributory conditions, you have to face the unspoken implication when that "factoid" is trotted out: the mindset that everyone who has been hospitalized or died of COVID :
    1. Had preexisting health problems that were "really" the cause of severe illness
    2. Was surely somehow at deaths door
    3. The percent of the population with these risk factors is tiny.

That simply isn't so. Consider that well over 50% of the US has at least one of the following most common risk factors for increased COVID morbidity/mortality: obesity (40%), hypertension (33%), diabetes (11%), age>44 (42%)... The vast majority of these people are productive members of society, compensating well with their chronic condition, and have decades of life left.
    Last edited by Summit; 09-09-2020 at 04:16 PM. Reason: grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

Your analogy makes isn't very well thought out. The pedestrian died from being struck by the car, obviously... doesn't matter that he had Covid. It was the car that killed him. Same goes for all the other false claims. What's so difficult to understand?

I think Elon Musk said it best "If you get eaten by a shark, and all that remains is your dismembered hand, and it tests positive for Covid, you will be categorized as a Covid death."

As for the rest of it, do your own research, think for yourself for once, and stop believing everything the gov or media tells you is true.

Whatever happened to healthy skepticism?

You think Trump or Biden has your best interests in mind? The Dems? The Republicans? Give me a break. You all are like a bunch of whinny lil boomers more worried about being on the politically correct, right side of the argument, and not the side of truth.

Again, I stand by my original assertion which is simple: The Covid mortality rate, death rate, is not accurate. It's most likely far less. By how much, I have no idea, but I bet it's significant. It will probably take years for us to know the true death toll. And that will only come after a comprehensive, peer-reviewed study has taken place.

So believe what you want, or rather what you're told to believe. I couldn't care less. I'm done here.

<snip>
    Again, I stand by my original assertion which is simple: The Covid mortality rate, death rate, is not accurate. It's most likely far less.
    What is the number for this that you are claiming is "not accurate"?

And I have $9 says you're not "done with this."

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Listen, I'll pre-apologize for being abrupt, but, you earned it. As someone who is board certified in infection control and epidemiology, I get really tired of dealing with the cadre of WikiGoogle University of Internet Expertise grads. But I can't blame for failure to spot the bad journalism: Massive media misrepresentation (or misunderstanding) regarding the CDC epi data.

The "updated" CDC data the news was referring to death certificates stating associated conditions that may be proximate or contributory, including those that may be caused by the ultimate cause of death and those that might be preexisting. If you look at the data, it is mostly a listing of associated conditions CAUSED BY COVID-19! Patient died of acute respiratory failure secondary to pneumonia tertiary to COVID-19, the COVID-19 is responsible and is the ultimate cause of death even if you wish to describe these other clinical processes as the proximate cause of death.

Example: Cardiac Arrest is an associated condition with COVID-19 deaths per death certificates. Now, unless zombies are getting COVID, cardiac arrest wasn't a preexisting condition.

Perhaps some fault lies with the CDC for not having an explanation on their data analytics page for medical laymen. But, outside of this whole politicization of COVID, data like this is normally looked at by medical professionals who understand context, not a bunch or reporters and bloggers looking for their GOTCHA moment of confirmation bias.

People like you want it to be so. Well, hell, I want it to be, but it isn't. I also want people trying to write a news story about this to have an understanding of what death certificates actually say and how they are filled out. For those that do understand, the marvel of the CDC data is that 6% of physicians filling out deaths certificates for COVID patients were in too much of a hurry to write any promixate causes! Maybe a 6% defect rate is not so bad?

Example for CAP:
    Name:  covid death certificate example.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  73.1 KB

See? Now you won't fall for the tobacco company telling you that smoking hardly kills anyone because these supposed smoking deaths actually just die of respiratory failure caused by lung cancer and COPD.

Now, as to contributory conditions, you have to get yourself out of the unspoken implication when that "factoid" is trotted out: the mindset that:
    1. everyone who have been hospitalized or died of COVID who had preexisting health problems
    2. was surely somehow at deaths door
    3. the percent of the population with these risk factors is tiny.

That simply isn't so. Consider that well over 50% of the US has at least one of the following most common risk factors for increased COVID morbidity/mortality: obesity (40%), hypertension (33%), diabetes (11%), age>44 (42%)... The vast majority of these people are productive members of society, compensating well with their chronic condition, and have decades of life left.
    Thank you for that beatdown.

Very well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I think Elon Musk said it best "If you get eaten by a shark, and all that remains is your dismembered hand, and it tests positive for Covid, you will be categorized as a Covid death."
    It's a cute soundbite and all, but it simply isn't true.

Again, I stand by my original assertion which is simple: The Covid mortality rate, death rate, is not accurate. It's most likely far less. By how much, I have no idea, but I bet it's significant. It will probably take years for us to truly know the true death toll. And that will only come after a comprehensive, peer-reviewed study has taken place.
    Let's make this interesting. When the scientific dust settles and a "comprehensive, peer-reviewed study" of US COVID deaths is published in a major journal or other credible source, and said study revises the death toll downward by more than 1%, I will donate $100 to any charity of your choosing. If said study revises the death toll upward, you donate $100 to any charity I choose.

Put up or shut up.

Sorry, but your post is just more fear mongering...

CDC released updated numbers just last week. Death rate has been grossly exaggerated. Not to mention, the countless misclassifications: auto accidents, drownings, homicides, suicides, terminally ill, heart attacks, etc... all considered Covid deaths is the victim tested positive post mortem.

Covid is real and is a serious threat to people with underlying conditions. This is nothing new. But for the vast majority of the population, it's a minimal threat.
    And you're a brainwashed partisan hack who is clueless about infectious diseases

Your analogy makes isn't very well thought out. The pedestrian died from being struck by the car, obviously... doesn't matter that he had Covid. It was the car that killed him. Same goes for all the other false claims. What's so difficult to understand?

As for the rest of it, do your own research, think for yourself for once, and stop believing everything the gov or media tells you is true.

Whatever happened to healthy skepticism?

You think Trump or Biden has your best interests in mind? The Dems? The Republicans? Give me a break. You all are like a bunch of whinny lil boomers more worried about being on the politically correct, right side of the argument, and not the side of truth.

Again, I stand by my original assertion which is simple: The Covid mortality rate, death rate, is not accurate. It's most likely far less. By how much, I have no idea, but I bet it's significant. It will probably take years for us to know the true death toll. And that will only come after a comprehensive, peer-reviewed study has taken place.

So believe what you want, or rather what you're told to believe. I couldn't care less. I'm done here.
    You need to STFU. You're sounding dumber each and every post. Plus every point you're trying to make is false and verifiable. But that facts don't mean anything anymore. Trump tweets, Fox Fake News repeats it and you eat the shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Listen, I'll pre-apologize for being abrupt, but, you earned it. As someone who is board certified in infection control and epidemiology, I get really tired of dealing with the cadre of WikiGoogle University of Internet Expertise grads. But I can't blame for failure to spot the bad journalism: Massive media misrepresentation (or misunderstanding) regarding the CDC epi data.

The "updated" CDC data the news was referring to death certificates stating associated conditions that may be proximate or contributory, including those that may be caused by the ultimate cause of death and those that might be preexisting. If you look at the data, it is mostly a listing of associated conditions CAUSED BY COVID-19! Patient died of acute respiratory failure secondary to pneumonia tertiary to COVID-19, the COVID-19 is responsible and is the ultimate cause of death even if you wish to describe these other clinical processes as the proximate cause of death.
    Your points are well taken here, and I don't dispute, but you and everyone else has taken what I said way too far out of context.

At no point did I suggest or imply that comorbidities (associated conditions) were exclusionary. I simply said I don't trust the numbers and yeah, I think they're a lot lower. The cases I pointed out were of the obvious sort such as suicide, homicide, drownings, auto accidents, etc... those ain't got shit to do with comorbidity. At least once a week on the nightly news I see some bogus covid death report exposed.

So yeah, while you make several good points about all the Covid deniers or whatever you want to call them, your points irrelevant what I argued, which is: CDC numbers are not accurate. It will be a while before truly know.

I'll leave you with these two gems; both quotes are from Dr. Brix.

"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem -- some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death."

"There is nothing form the CDC that I can trust." referring to Covid Mortality rate.

p.s. I should not have said you were fear-mongering in my original post. That wasn't fair to you. My bad. I take it back.
    Last edited by ChaseBrooklyn; 09-09-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    And you're a brainwashed partisan hack who is clueless about infectious diseases
    Partisian? I hate them all my dude.

I'm voting for Kanye.

I have scientifically observed that the people who write sentences like this on the internet are without a doubt the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

Gimme.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You need to STFU. You're sounding dumber each and every post. Plus every point you're trying to make is false and verifiable. But that facts don't mean anything anymore. Trump tweets, Fox Fake News repeats it and you eat the shit up
    Maybe you have me confused with someone else? Or maybe you're just an idiot with a poor reading comprehension.

At no point did I quote president Trump, or ever mention anything from Fox News (yikes!), or any of their talking points. To my knowledge, they don't dispute the Covid death count... or maybe they do, but I wouldn't know cause I don't watch Fox or believe anything Trump says. It seems like he's peddling a new 'Vaccine" every other week.

I gave one example from CNN (not that that's any better than Fox) but that's only cause it was the first one in the google search. There are numerous examples if you just look. But you want everything spoon-fed to you.

And I didn't list any "facts." I just said I don't trust the numbers and I gave examples as to why.

So maybe you should stfu and learn to read.

But here are a few quotes form Dr. Birx for your enjoyment...

"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem -- some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death."

"There is nothing form the CDC that I can trust." referring to Covid Mortality rate.
    Last edited by ChaseBrooklyn; 09-09-2020 at 04:36 PM.

So what *IS* this mortality number that you don't believe? Give us the goddam number that you don't believe.

And apparently you *do* trust one of the nightly news programs?

"At least once a week on the nightly news I see some bogus covid death report exposed."